PDA

View Full Version : Given up on religion >:(

Space_Dude
04-11-2010, 11:40 PM
Im fed up with christians saying that this is right and this is wrong when obviously their making crap up, so ive given up trying to be an agnotist and going full atheism... bah.... its not the average christians that gets me off, its the extremists, and i dont want anything to do with them. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: grrrrrr..... i know science cant prove or dis prove god.. so i shalt keep an open mind till that time... but until religion improves... im going atheism

Space_Dude
04-11-2010, 11:52 PM
i also know im gonna lose few of my good friends on here because of change in my belief... hope they understand....

cheers,
tony

antichrist
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
what made me mad was 25 years the Born Against etc declared Gorbachov the antichrist coz of his birthmark in shape of supposedly 666, so stupid Regan made another 15,000 nuke war heads. What a stupid pack of idiots.

Rincewind
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Im fed up with christians saying that this is right and this is wrong when obviously their making crap up, so ive given up trying to be an agnotist and going full atheism... bah.... its not the average christians that gets me off, its the extremists, and i dont want anything to do with them. :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: grrrrrr..... i know science cant prove or dis prove god.. so i shalt keep an open mind till that time... but until religion improves... im going atheism

Science isn't trying to (nor should it try to) prove or disprove god. However in looking at the universe we have discovered more than a few things that get fundamentalists hot under the collar. (Common descent of species and n earth that is billions of years old). Of course the majority of Christians don't buy into the fairy-tales, just the vocal minority (and most of America). :)

If you are interesting in other perspectives on issues of coming out as an atheist, there is a public access TV show from Austen, Texas called the Atheist Experience. It is a live phone-in show and they often get calls from newly decided (or declared) atheists and dealing with the strain it can put on relationships with friends and family who are theists. Just Google it and watch the vodcasts to your heart's content.

antichrist
05-11-2010, 08:07 PM
A few times I have been requested by Catholic females to get rid of certain Prodo missionaries bothering them too much and to whom would not get the hint. Some were Mormons and SDA I think the other. So a meeting time was arranged and I gave them a blast they would never forget. Shows there are horses for courses.

antichrist
05-11-2010, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHjhv6SOjC4

plus many more you tubes are available

Spiny Norman
06-11-2010, 04:43 AM
If its any help Dr Horrible, I gave up on religion myself a few years ago ... I'm still a Christian though ...

antichrist
06-11-2010, 07:00 AM
If its any help Dr Horrible, I gave up on religion myself a few years ago ... I'm still a Christian though ...

Shows that life ain't perfect. ha ha

As a person from the Middle East I actually object that "my" religion has been hijacked by everyone - why don't they get their own?

Mokum
06-11-2010, 07:30 AM
All agree: God is unbelievable

Adamski
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
All agree: God is unbelievable
Just a slight exggeraion Martin - there are still many of us believers out there. For me the key factor is my pesonal exerience of God. I know that can't convince others but it means I can't deny God is real and loves me.

I like what Spiny said. "Religion" per se is not where it's at. It's Christianity and Christ, Yahweh (God the Father) and the Holy Spirit for me.

Mokum
06-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Just a slight exggeraion Martin - there are still many of us believers out there.
It's a simple joke, Jonathan. To me he is impossible to believe in, to you He is amazing.

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 11:15 AM
I like what Spiny said. "Religion" per se is not where it's at. It's Christianity and Christ, Yahweh (God the Father) and the Holy Spirit for me.

I would reply but Shomer Shabbat.

Adamski
06-11-2010, 11:29 AM
All agree: God is unbelievableOk, true! I missed the double meaning. Must be Shabbat, RW, but I still have to hang the washing out! Not entirely a day of rest....

Igor_Goldenberg
06-11-2010, 01:17 PM
i also know im gonna lose few of my good friends on here because of change in my belief... hope they understand....

cheers,
tony
I doubt by becoming an atheist you'll lose any friends (at least those worth keeping!).
Unless, of course, you become blinkered narrow-minded proselyting intolerant militant atheist.

Saragossa
06-11-2010, 01:55 PM
Having an experience which you believe is a divine work, still doesn't rationalise faith in Christianity. Many other religions have gods which supposedly perform miracles. Due to the fact that you live in Australia is probably why you took up Christianity over belief in 'Pikki Wokki, the Papua New Guinean mud-god, who promises me a pig and as many coconuts as you can carry.' - David Thorne.

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 03:00 PM
'Pikki Wokki, the Papua New Guinean mud-god, who promises me a pig and as many coconuts as you can carry.' - David Thorne.

That's enough to convince me. All hail Pikki Wokki!

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Unless, of course, you become blinkered narrow-minded proselyting intolerant militant atheist.

:lol: Proselytising athiest is a contradiction in terms since an athiest has no religion. :lol:

Igor_Goldenberg
06-11-2010, 05:08 PM
:lol: Proselytising athiest is a contradiction in terms since an athiest has no religion. :lol:
A guilty mind betray itself.:owned: :owned:

BTW, from www.dictionary.com (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/proselytize):
"pros·e·lyt·ize
   /ˈprɒsəlɪˌtaɪz/ Show Spelled[pros-uh-li-tahyz] Show IPA
–verb (used with object), verb (used without object), -ized, -iz·ing.
to convert or attempt to convert as a proselyte; recruit."

antichrist
06-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Having an experience which you believe is a divine work, still doesn't rationalise faith in Christianity. Many other religions have gods which supposedly perform miracles. Due to the fact that you live in Australia is probably why you took up Christianity over belief in 'Pikki Wokki, the Papua New Guinean mud-god, who promises me a pig and as many coconuts as you can carry.' - David Thorne.

All I every got from the Catholics was a lousey dry wafer that I almost choked on - and can I bring that Toyota Hilux to collect all those coconuts? And I will bring my Jewish mates to handle the pigs as I could trust them not to knock any off

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 08:24 PM
A guilty mind betray itself.:owned: :owned:

Iggy, I love you man but one day you're going to have to face up to the fact that you are a moron.

antichrist
06-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Iggy, I love you man but one day you're going to have to face up to the fact that you are a moron.

Don't take it too hard Igor, I faced up to it years ago.

Igor_Goldenberg
06-11-2010, 08:47 PM
That's the kind of behaviour I warned against in the earlier post.

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 08:58 PM
That's the kind of behaviour I warned against in the earlier post.

Looks like you can't handle the truth. :owned:

antichrist
06-11-2010, 09:17 PM
in the meantime Dr Horrible has got so fed up with all the horrible fighting that he has turned to God

Desmond
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM
in the meantime Dr Horrible has got so fed up with all the horrible fighting that he has turned to God
how does one turn toward an omnipresent being? :owned:

Rincewind
06-11-2010, 09:27 PM

Hopefully Pikki Wokki!

antichrist
06-11-2010, 09:30 PM
how does one turn toward an omnipresent being? :owned:

Well JC had to actually speak "Father, why has thou forsaken me" - so if good enuf for JC then good enuf for Dr Horrible