PDA

View Full Version : What is a good free chess website for beginners?

MichaelBaron
02-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Hi, guys I have a question. A friend of mine has taken up chess and he is a complete beginner (learned how the pieces move today only). Is there some chess website where the beginners play. He would like to play with other beginners and observe others play.
cheers,

Alexrules01
03-11-2010, 01:26 AM
Theres probably many out there, but I know that Playchess he can play lower-rated guys plus observe any other games. Just download the software and away you go.

ausarah2010
03-11-2010, 10:54 PM
For beginners I don't you need some site, I think you can simply google to learn some tricks for it, then play with yourself, when you are able to beat yourself, believe me you are getting good. you can do with your fellows too.

leepenny2001
03-11-2010, 11:20 PM
Try Chessworld.net. Its free for a limited time and then if you like the site you can upgrade. Many chess players are members there. Including yours truly.

littlesprout85
10-11-2010, 06:55 PM
rawr-

Sprouty just luvs www.playchess.com for playing and practicing chess onlines. playchess is a free dl and u can subscribe for all the extra at any timez. Also they offer the newest fritz engines there at theyre online shop ;)

At playchess u can play all levels of players- and also setting the game time limits is good for practicing. playchess has it all right at your finger tips.

-Sprout85 =)

-Sprout85

Zwischenzug
12-11-2010, 10:37 AM
One of the best places for Correspondence Chess is schemingmind.com. 1 year trial membership.

MichaelBaron
14-11-2010, 03:58 PM
Thx, Guys. I will pass the info on!