PDA

View Full Version : AUSChess columns collection problem

wegan
29-07-2010, 03:46 PM
The AUSCHESS site has a collection of historic chess columns at:
http://www.auschess.org.au/columns/columns.htm

However, when I try to access a column I get taken to a non AUSCHESS URL, for a chess network, here's a sample:
http://www.chessnetwork.com/ncn/b/g200403.htm

I'm invited to register but doing so gets me no closer to the columns.

Has something been hijacked or can somebody explain what's going on, and where is the historic columns collection
Bill Egan

Kevin Bonham
29-07-2010, 06:30 PM
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately it looks like they were hosted on former ACF Webmaster Paul Broekhuyse's old Net Chess News site which used to have the URL www.chessnetwork.com/ncn/ The URL chessnetwork.com is now home to what seems to be a different and unrelated site. Thus I suspect the columns in question are no longer online from the ACF site, alas.

Paul would doubtless know more about that - his username here is paulb

Denis_Jessop
30-07-2010, 12:01 PM
There isn't, as far as I can see, a link to the columns on the current ACF home page though the link to the home page from the URL Bill quotes takes you back to the current ACF home page.

If I remember correctly, the columns were mostly Peter Parr's columns from the SMH though there may have been others.

DJ

wegan
30-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Hi Bill,

Unfortunately it looks like they were hosted on former ACF Webmaster Paul Broekhuyse's old Net Chess News site which used to have the URL www.chessnetwork.com/ncn/ The URL chessnetwork.com is now home to what seems to be a different and unrelated site. Thus I suspect the columns in question are no longer online from the ACF site, alas.

Paul would doubtless know more about that - his username here is paulb

Thanks for the clarification, Kevin, less sinister than I feared :)
I could have asked Paul at the ANU Open a few days ago but will now try to contact separately.
BTW your summary of Tas Championships, elsewhere on CC, seems to be the only on-line resource for this info so perhaps it might be worth including a copy on the TAS web site
Best wishes
Bill

Kevin Bonham
10-08-2010, 01:21 AM
BTW your summary of Tas Championships, elsewhere on CC, seems to be the only on-line resource for this info so perhaps it might be worth including a copy on the TAS web site

I am working (very slowly!) on a complete games file and report/booklet for the 2010 Tas Champs. At current rate of progress I may finish it before next year's event!