PDA

View Full Version : Dortmund 2010

Kevin Bonham
18-07-2010, 10:39 PM
I have been having trouble getting excited about this since it only features one world championship contender instead of the usual two or three, but check out the scores after round 3:

2.5/3 Ponomariov, Mamedyarov
1/3 Kramnik, Leko, Naiditsch, Le Quang Liem

Kramnik lost to Pono in round 2.

Garvinator
18-07-2010, 11:00 PM
I have been having trouble getting excited about this since it only features one world championship contender instead of the usual two or threeDortmund is certainly one leading tournament that has gone down in status in the last few years. It was used as the qualifier to decide who would play Kramnik's world championship in 2004. Now look at it.

Redmond Barry
18-07-2010, 11:53 PM
I have been having trouble getting excited about this since it only features one world championship contender instead of the usual two or three, but check out the scores after round 3:

kevin its very easy to get excited because "hips dont lie" mamedyarov is playing !!!!!

dont you remember this ...................shakira, shakira !!!!

(featuring glen danzig with subtitles !!!!!!!!!!!!)

ZHv3qO_Y8kk&feature=related

go kramdog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Kevin Bonham
22-07-2010, 12:36 PM
Things have now settled down to a more normal looking crosstable. After six rounds:

+2 Ponomariov
+1 Le Quang Liem (this guy has been very impressive)
= Kramdog (that was for TPL), Mamedyarov
-1 Naiditsch
-2 Leko

Mamedyarov had a little disaster in round 6 where, having dominated the game against Naiditsch, he made an elementary exchange blunder (of the "didn't see it was protected" variety) and resigned immediately.

that Caesar guy
22-07-2010, 05:25 PM
Mamedyarov had a little disaster in round 6 where, having dominated the game against Naiditsch, he made an elementary exchange blunder (of the "didn't see it was protected" variety) and resigned immediately.
Good to know I'm not the only one :P

Redmond Barry
23-07-2010, 07:03 AM
just to let everybody know that shakira is back, after the error in round 6 !!!!

"hips dont lie" mamedyarov beat what appears to be an out of sorts peter leko with some sort of symmetrical english. leko never looked threatening.

the other two games were drawn.

that leaves the field arranged in this fashion ............

ponomariov 4.5/7
hips dont lie 4/7
the vietnamese fellow who i hadnt heard of before (le quiang liem) 4/7
the "kramdog" is keeping it real on 3.5/7
naiditsch 3/7
and leko's having a rough trot on 2/7

Tony Dowden
24-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Ponomariov has being playing nice positional chess. I hope holds his nerve and wins as it's about time he was known for something else that being an ex-world champion (lite).

Kevin Bonham
25-07-2010, 01:47 AM
I have been having trouble getting excited about this since it only features one world championship contender instead of the usual two or three

Actually I was wrong about that since it appears that Shak is the Candidates Matches nominee of Azerbaijan as hosts.

That said there is a bit of trash-talking going on about whether the events will be held in Azerbaijan at all.