PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for June 2010 ACF ratings

ER
17-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I am opening this thread to predict the the most improved player who might set a record for improvement points will be my Box Hill Chess CLub club mate:

KARL ZELESCO!

Lakshman
17-05-2010, 06:30 AM
I am opening this thread to predict the the most improved player who might set a record for improvement points will be my Box Hill Chess CLub club mate:

KARL ZELESKO!

Indeed, was there any doubt about your prediction JaK?

Except that he is spelled as Karl Zelesco :wink:

ER
17-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Indeed, was there any doubt about your prediction JaK?

I don't know, was it?

Except that he is spelled as Karl Zelesco :wink:

Thanks, I will correct!

BTW

I did recieve a confirmation email , but no registration number.

I thought it's spelled receive! ;)

And

I can imagine how frustrating it must be for Don to loose the game in this manner…

Wouldn’t loose look better with one o? ;)

Lakshman
17-05-2010, 12:22 PM
I don't know, was it?

Thanks, I will correct!

BTW

I thought it's spelled receive! ;)

And

Wouldn’t loose look better with one o? ;)

Haha, nice archive pickup JaK
Have a nice day

ER
17-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Haha, nice archive pickup JaK
Have a nice day

haha what goes around comes around! you have a nice day too!

Alana
17-05-2010, 03:48 PM
Haha I'm pretty sure mine is going to be about the same - had a great Doeberl but then horrible SIC...

ER
17-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Haha I'm pretty sure mine is going to be about the same - had a great Doeberl but then horrible SIC...

What's SIC? did you mean SIO? the one I was there getting all the applause from the girls plus the free magazines (from Brian) and pens (from Brian) for beating Drug in the simul? :P

that Caesar guy
17-05-2010, 06:02 PM
What's SIC? did you mean SIO? the one I was there getting all the applause from the girls plus the free magazines (from Brian) and pens (from Brian) for beating Drug in the simul? :P
SIC is the challengers event, the one for under 2000's (I think Alex Stahnke won it?).
I have no idea what my ACF will be...maybe down a bit? :S

Basil
17-05-2010, 06:06 PM
Fifteen Hundies For Captain Undies - for shizzle.

ER
17-05-2010, 07:12 PM
SIC is the challengers event, the one for under 2000's (I think Alex Stahnke won it?).
I have no idea what my ACF will be...maybe down a bit? :S

Thanks James, I don't care about ratings all I know is that wherever I travel you are popular and deservely received as a champ! :clap: Popularity and respect are worth much more than points and they last forever!

mikesguns
17-05-2010, 07:22 PM
According to Barry's Glicko-1 Calculator i should go over 1500

Kevin Bonham
17-05-2010, 09:22 PM
I had only one normal-list tournament rated this period and my result in that was terrible, so I expect to go a bit below 1850, but haven't checked.

Malfegor01
17-05-2010, 10:11 PM
I think I might finally get back to where i was 18 months ago:wall:

Which if I am lucky probably includes making the Most Improved list:rolleyes:

Adamski
17-05-2010, 10:48 PM
Overall, I had a bad norths champs (Reserves A) with 3.5 out of 11. Since then one win in the Big Board. So down a little, hopefully less than 21 points so I stay above 1500! Looks like Michael Addamo might overtake me, for one.

lost
18-05-2010, 01:42 AM
Thanks James, I don't care about ratings all I know is that wherever I travel you are popular and deservely received as a champ! :clap: Popularity and respect are worth much more than points and they last forever!

JaK, I totally agree with you. RESPECT and POPULARITY are worth more than a number.

You nailed it on the head this time JaK. 10/10 Mitre 10.

lost

Desmond
18-05-2010, 10:56 AM
I guess I'll chuck 40 points or so.

ER
18-05-2010, 11:14 AM
JaK, I totally agree with you. RESPECT and POPULARITY are worth more than a number.

You nailed it on the head this time JaK. 10/10 Mitre 10.

lost

Thanks Jamie, sorry I never had the chance to talk to you last two Fridays at BHCC, had to find ways to run away from them youngsters torturing me over the board! :doh: :D

:lol: I 'll just chuck a wobbly, then I 'll forget about it, I am used to it! :P

Vlad
18-05-2010, 12:37 PM

Well, I am in a similar position.:) -40 points sounds like a reasonable guess for me.

I had only one normal-list tournament rated this period and my result in that was terrible, so I expect to go a bit below 1850, but haven't checked.

Well, I am not that sad because Anton is expected to get almost a double of what I lose and cross the 1850 line. That way two of us are in a plus.:)

lost
22-05-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks Jamie, sorry I never had the chance to talk to you last two Fridays at BHCC, had to find ways to run away from them youngsters torturing me over the board! :doh: :D

:lol: I 'll just chuck a wobbly, then I 'll forget about it, I am used to it! :P

Elliott,

Don't worry about it. Plenty of time to catch up and talk in the future.

lost

Trent Parker
24-05-2010, 04:20 AM
I know my rating will slide due to a bad doeberl being my only tournament for the period...... Quiet one by my standards

Rincewind
29-05-2010, 03:56 PM
The Glicko Calculator

http://www.bjcox.com/modules.php?name=Glicko_Calc

Has been updated with March 2010 ratings in preparation for the publication of June ratings.

The March rating lists have also been added to the download area (http://www.bjcox.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1) for posterity.

Adamski
29-05-2010, 10:07 PM
The Glicko Calculator

http://www.bjcox.com/modules.php?name=Glicko_Calc

Has been updated with March 2010 ratings in preparation for the publication of June ratings.

The March rating lists have also been added to the download area (http://www.bjcox.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=1) for posterity.Good stuff, Barry!:clap: (And indeed, also good to update the software for NSWCA interclub to cope with triple round robins, such as we have in the U 1800 grade.)

Watto
30-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Back to Slumpsville for this household... hope the weather's good down there!

Kevin Bonham
01-06-2010, 10:35 AM

KARL ZELESCO!

I don't think you would have got very long odds on nailing that one:

Top Improvers
1604 594 VIC Zelesco, Karl
978 372 NSW Willathgamuwa, Kevin
726 291 NSW Willathgamuwa, Rowan
1298 238 ACT Kethro, Michael
1211 232 NSW Soliman, Soliman

Good to see the Willathgamuwas in #2 and #3, I was really impressed with their concentration and hard work for such young players in the Aus Junior.