PDA

View Full Version : The Rudd Diaries

Basil
10-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Dear Diary

This week I shut down processing of asylum seekers from two countries. I just shut it down. No consultation. No warning. I just did it. I can do that.

Therese and I often talk about how grateful we owe to the hordes that swept me into power on the back of "new-think" and the promise of compassion at Australia's borders. And I know those very same won't have a bad word said about me or my back-flip. I shall spin it "even newer think". Yep, they'll love that.

God, I love being able to play both sides of an issue and score ratings points either way.

God bless 'em.

Capablanca-Fan
14-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Rudd spends millions to fix what he smashed with billions (http://blogs.news.com.au/heraldsun/andrewbolt/index.php/heraldsun/comments/column_rudd_spends_millions_to_fix_what_he_smashed _with_billions/)
Andrew Bolt, 14 April 2010.

I don’t just mean that this publicly prissy churchgoer is privately a foul-mouthed, arrogant, paranoid and abusive control freak, but that many of his brightest ideas swiftly flop.

The truth is his uncanny skill at spinning has so far saved Rudd’s reputation as a manager.

But check the substance rather than the image and you find he already qualifies as possibly the most incompetent prime minister since World War II. And, no, I haven’t forgotten Whitlam.

Basil
14-04-2010, 07:45 PM
I donít just mean that this publicly prissy churchgoer is privately a foul-mouthed, arrogant, paranoid and abusive control freak, but that many of his brightest ideas swiftly flop.

The truth is his uncanny skill at spinning has so far saved Ruddís reputation as a manager.

But check the substance rather than the image and you find he already qualifies as possibly the most incompetent prime minister since World War II. And, no, I havenít forgotten Whitlam.
That's gold!, Jerry!

Basil
16-04-2010, 10:44 AM
Dear Diary

What a love-up! Me and Barrack. I haven't felt like this since Therese and I had our first date at a Marx book reading and chaperoned milkshake.

Given that I oiled so many votes from fanning the perception that the US was too big, too close and too much aligned with Australia, I'm staggered I haven't been caught out (yet again - sorry mum) playing both sides of an issue, where I get points for both telling the US to piss off as well as fornicating with them. God I love lefties.

Today's a good day. More candy. More fluff. Love is a many-splendoured thing.

Basil
19-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Dear Diary

Today I ordered the Curtain Detention Centre to re-open for business.

I'm hoping my continuing adoption of Howard era policies won't attract any undue criticism from the disciples. The True Believas have been so good, so forgiving, straddling and even ignoring the double standards until now, God bless 'em. Bruce Hawker reckons it'll be sweet as. I'll let you know.

Garvinator
19-04-2010, 10:46 PM
Dear Diary

Today I ordered the Curtain Detention Centre to re-open for business.

I'm hoping my continuing adoption of Howard era policies won't attract any undue criticism from the disciples. The True Believas have been so good forgiving, straddling and even ignoring the double standards until now, God bless 'em. Bruce Hawker reckons it'll be sweet as. I'll let you know.
And that this re-opening has been caused by 'pull' factors, not 'push' factors.

Basil
23-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Dear Diary

Therese is now calling me a moron to my face, but how lucky am I?

This week, I ufkecd up a triffecta! Dumped completely the Combet-driven-fix-up-Garret-Bats plan, reneged on a core child care promise, and had my Brand New Health scheme outed for what it was - a fudge. What to do? Well ... SALARY CAP! You wouldn't read about. Rolling commentary wiping out all three birds off the front page in one hit. It's like they didn't happen at all.

The heartland seems to have gone a bit quiet but they'll be rooting away for me come election time. God bless the lefties. Hawker still says it'll be sweet but he did ask me to stop fkincnug things up. Cheeky bastard.

Basil
06-05-2010, 09:42 PM
Dear Diary

Sorry I haven't written for a while. To be honest it's been a bit hairy.

First up there was a Newspoll which reported that my approval rating had dropped by the biggest amount in Newspoll history - like ever. And also that The Libs might actually have an election-winning margin ATM. Bruce H. tells me it's all good though because the True Believers will never leave and the Heartland will forgive me - this is just a little protest tantrum.

But then there was the mining thing which I cooked-up with Wayne to try and recover some Spendulus. Apparently it's a another royal ukcf pu as well. But it's all good; I'm told the gloss is wearing off that bloody Julia with her schools rubbish turning sour - which makes me look a bit better.

Things are a bit hairy though ...

Spiny Norman
08-05-2010, 09:45 AM
Dear Diary,

There's a rat in the ranks:
http://journalofaruddstaffer.blogspot.com/

I thought everyone loved me ... <sob> ... I might have to sack some of the bastards and accuse them of being Coalition plants!

Basil
05-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Dear Diary

I think I might have FUBAR'ed it.

That's all.

Basil
05-07-2010, 09:18 PM
Dear Diary

Right. I'll be off then.

Thanks and goodnight.