PDA

View Full Version : Birthday No Worky

Basil
23-03-2010, 12:05 AM
For the fourth year now I have not had my birthday showing in the birthday list at the bottom of the home page. The importance of this is around a zero out of ten, but I do remain curious. Has there been a mod overwrite?

My User CP preference is set to <show birthday>.

Happy birthday me.

Adamski
23-03-2010, 06:22 AM
Happy birthday dear C U. Will I c u at the SIO?

Rincewind
23-03-2010, 07:18 AM
For the fourth year now I have not had my birthday showing in the birthday list at the bottom of the home page. The importance of this is around a zero out of ten, but I do remain curious. Has there been a mod overwrite?

My User CP preference is set to <show birthday>.

Happy birthday me.

Hi Gunner,

I think I fixed the problem and it would have affected all users in the Custom Title group.

When I looked at your user record no birth date was shown and I have changed this to 23 March. You might want to check that I have the year correct as I was working from memory.

Happy birthday!

Basil
23-03-2010, 09:57 AM
I think I fixed the problem and it would have affected all users in the Custom Title group.
Woo-hoo! Thank you. What's the custom title group? This couldn't be harking back to my whining to be a forum oddity, could it? Now there's a birthday treat.

When I looked at your user record no birth date was shown and I have changed this to 23 March. You might want to check that I have the year correct as I was working from memory.
A year out. I've fixled it.

Happy birthday!
Thank you. Happy birthday to you too.

Rincewind
23-03-2010, 10:08 AM
Woo-hoo! Thank you. What's the custom title group? This couldn't be harking back to my whining to be a forum oddity, could it? Now there's a birthday treat.

It is the group that users are moved to once the requisite number of posts have been met. IIRC formerly 200, presently 500.

Every user group has a field as to whether birthdays appear or not and most groups or regular users have this flag set to "yes" but for some reason Custom Title had this flag set to "no". If you define that as a forum oddity...

A year out. I've fixled it.

Ok. I knew I was close as you are either approximately 6 months older or younger than me. As it turns out, you are younger. So an extra reason to celebrate! ;)

Garrett
23-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Happy birthday Captain !

Capablanca-Fan
23-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Hope you had a great day, Gunner.

ER
29-03-2010, 10:35 AM
Happy Birthday Jonathan, Howie and TP Lovers!

Adamski
29-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Happy Birthday Jonathan, Howie and TP Lovers!Also, HBK!
Mods: is March 29 the most popular birthday on this forum?

Kevin Bonham
29-03-2010, 12:30 PM
Also, HBK!
Mods: is March 29 the most popular birthday on this forum?

It is impossible to determine since over 80% of members do not list their birthday at all, and furthermore the admin CP sorts birthdays by year rather than by date.

Bill Gletsos
29-03-2010, 12:31 PM
Also, HBK!
Mods: is March 29 the most popular birthday on this forum?The only person showing as 29th March in the birthday list is you.
trailer park lovers has been changing his DOB and can be ignored.
Jono's DOB is not today.
Gunner's was last week.
HBK's birthday is today but he has not set it in his profile.

ElevatorEscapee
11-04-2010, 12:14 AM
I would just like to interrupt this argument to say: Happy Birthday Bill! (from six or so days ago.... sorry if I am a little late!). :D

Adamski
11-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I would just like to interrupt this argument to say: Happy Birthday Bill! (from six or so days ago.... sorry if I am a little late!). :DAmen to that one!