PDA

View Full Version : Michael Moore and politics

firegoat7
25-08-2004, 12:49 AM
Ive just sat through the last Michael Moore film F911, and I was wondering. How long are people going to fall for this government authoritarian rubbish? When are people going to wake up on mass and rebuild society? Will it ever happen? The film is disturbing, I think it was great. **** Corporations and there pR spawn. **** the nationalist parasites who prey on the poor!!
Lets stone the rich!!

P.S any opinions?

Garvinator
25-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Hello fg7.

I dont think you are going to find any pro bush ppl here, well not anymore ;) . if cl was still here, you would get a pro bush debate :lol: .

Alan Shore
25-08-2004, 01:01 AM
FG7,
Kevin and I have already given reviews on F911 on the Books and Films thread.

Kevin Bonham
25-08-2004, 06:12 AM
Despite the film's many flaws I would still pay this call:

How long are people going to fall for this government authoritarian rubbish?

and this one:

**** the nationalist parasites who prey on the poor!!

I'll be interested to see if Moore's film has much impact on the election result. It's been claimed that it makes undecided voters motivated to go out and oppose Bush, I wonder how many undecided voters will see it. If Kerry wins, Moore will be claiming the credit forever. If Bush wins, the film's "And we did" ending is going to come back to haunt him. But in either case ...

Lets stone the rich!!

Does that include Michael Moore? :lol:

Sorry, too good to resist.

arosar
25-08-2004, 03:42 PM
When are people going to wake up on mass and rebuild society?

To what model?

**** Corporations and there pR spawn.

Maaate....I got a recommendation for you. Look out for "The Corporation", by the same guy who did "Manufacturing Consent" (now there's a familiar title). The doco will have Chomsky, Moore, N Klein and some expert on psycopaths.

**** the nationalist parasites who prey on the poor!! Lets stone the rich!!

Nationalist parasites? Like who?

AR

PHAT
25-08-2004, 05:12 PM
[Stone the rich - FG7] Does that include Michael Moore? :lol:

Sorry, too good to resist.

Actually I think in his porcine case, we should eat the rich ;)

firegoat7
28-08-2004, 09:45 AM
To what model? Models of society, well there are hundreds in the present, thousand in the past, and thousands in the future. Choosing a model is not the real problem. The real problem (in our times) is preventing any such model being undermined by Capitalism.Not that Capitalism really allows any such model to be born within its limited confines without wanting to brutally supress or control it.

Nationalist parasites? Like who?

AR I'm suprised you even ask....for a start the US military. Your government can't provide for your health and education but if your prepared to die ....well then we just might be able to do something.

firegoat7
28-08-2004, 09:48 AM
Actually I think in his porcine case, we should eat the rich ;) I will only dine on Michael Moore if Ace of Spades is being played in the background- Of course Lemmy would be invited to dinner ;)

frogmogdog
28-08-2004, 11:36 PM
The real problem (in our times) is preventing any such model being undermined by Capitalism.

actually, i'd say the real problem is preventing alpha chimps from hijacking whatever system you have to their own benefit. capitalism happens to be a model that's very convenient for them but wannabe elites are quite adaptable and very driven.

arosar
10-09-2004, 06:31 PM
http://www.afrboss.com.au/magarticle.asp?doc_id=23759&rgid=2&listed_months=2

Btw, mate, The Corporation - the doco - has been released. Go and see it. Might do so meself on the weekend.

AR

Alan Shore
22-03-2005, 12:02 PM
Just found this letter:

Bush cost me my job, my kids and my houses

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to speak my mind. I lost my job this past year. When Clinton was president I was secure and prosperous, but in the last year, we had to close our operations. We simply could not compete with foreign labor. This foreign labor worked for low pay under very bad conditions.

They worked very long shifts, and many even died on the job.

This competition could hardly be called "fair." I was forced out of the place where I had worked for 34 years.

Not a single government program was there to help me.

How can Bush call himself "compassionate?" Far worse, I lost two of my sons in Bush's evil war in Iraq. They gave their lives for their country, and for what? So that Bush's oil buddies can get rich. My pain of losing my sons is indescribable.

While it is trivial next to the loss of my sons, I regret to say that I also lost my home. I simply have nothing left. How can Bush call himself a Christian when he neglects people like me? I am a senior citizen with various medical problems. I'm not in a position where I can begin a new career. I was reduced to the point where I had to live in a hole in a ground, all because of President Bush.

And when the authorities found me there, did they have any compassion for my misfortune and ailments? No, I was arrested. Mr. Bush, I dare you to look me in the face and tell me you are a compassionate man! I dare you to look me in the face and tell me you are a Christian. If I had any money left, I would donate it to the Democrat Party.

If Al Gore had been elected in 2000 I would still have a job, a home, and most importantly, my dear sons!

Regards,
Saddam Hussein

Spiny Norman
22-03-2005, 06:25 PM
Regards,
Saddam Hussein

Nice one 'B' ...

Rincewind
22-03-2005, 06:27 PM
Nice one 'B' ...

Wasn't she Top Dog in the show Prisoner?

Spiny Norman
22-03-2005, 06:29 PM
Wasn't she Top Dog in the show Prisoner?

I think that was "Bee" ... but I might be wrong, that was a long time ago now!

Rincewind
22-03-2005, 06:48 PM
I think that was "Bee" ... but I might be wrong, that was a long time ago now!

If memory serves she was referred to as "Queen Bee" on occasion but I thought her name was probably Bea (as in short for Beatrice). But I could be wrong. I seem to remember she ran the laundry with an iron fist. :)

Rincewind
22-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Getting back to a Michael Moore topic....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1329293.htm

Recherché
22-03-2005, 07:13 PM
Bit of a mouldy old thread you've dug up here, Belth.

Since I didn't comment first time around:

Fahrenheit 911 was a pretty poor film, but it did highlight some important issues. Bowling for Columbine was significantly better, though not without flaws.

The Corporation was a much better effort, and I would highly recommend it. :)

antichrist
22-03-2005, 07:50 PM
If memory serves she was referred to as "Queen Bee" on occasion but I thought her name was probably Bea (as in short for Beatrice). But I could be wrong. I seem to remember she ran the laundry with an iron fist. :)

I heard her interviewed on JJJ a few years ago. When asked what was it like working on the show, she replied to the effect that: Could you imagine what it is like working with so many women, all the time as least x number having their pms! She said it was terrible. I could well understand.