PDA

View Full Version : Proposal: Create a New Zealand Chess section

Basil
25-01-2010, 05:23 PM
New Zealand Chess Forum

I'd like to suggest that in line with growing this forum (stagnation is such a terrible thing) that a Kiwi forum (sub forum) be created. Carry on!

Garvinator
25-01-2010, 07:17 PM
New Zealand Chess Forum

I'd like to suggest that in line with growing this forum (stagnation is such a terrible thing) that a Kiwi forum (sub forum) be created. Carry on!
A full forum would be better than a sub forum. New posts made in sub forums still show up in the latest posts column and it is not clear sometimes if they are from the forum or sub forum.

So a separate forum would be clearer.

Kevin Bonham
25-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Interested to hear from NZ posters (or semi-NZ posters) whether they would like an NZ forum created.

Tony Dowden
27-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Yes, a Kiwi forum would be kapai (good) :D

Adamski
27-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Yes, a Kiwi forum would be kapai (good) :DI agree. Should make it easier to find NZ content.

Capablanca-Fan
28-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Seems like a good idea to me. There are already a few threads that could go there.

Tony Dowden
29-01-2010, 07:59 PM
So, how many 'yes' votes are required?

Kevin Bonham
29-01-2010, 08:20 PM
Couple from posters currently in NZ would be nice but my current intention is to create an NZ forum that sits below Australian Chess in the Australian Chess section (which might be renamed Australasian Chess) and that covers all NZ-specific chess discussions including tournaments.

Tony Dowden
29-01-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks KB

Adamski
29-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Couple from posters currently in NZ would be nice but my current intention is to create an NZ forum that sits below Australian Chess in the Australian Chess section (which might be renamed Australasian Chess) and that covers all NZ-specific chess discussions including tournaments.Yes, thanks, Kevin - and the renaming would definitely be a good idea. Throughout history, a majority of Kiwis have never wanted to be a part of Australia!

Kevin Bonham
30-01-2010, 12:13 PM
Forum created and all the NZ chess threads I could find quickly moved there.

There are a very small number of NZ ratings threads and threads about pairings in NZ tournaments in Ratings Arena and Arbiters Corner respectively. For the time being they have been left where they are.

Watto
30-01-2010, 12:33 PM
New Zealand Chess Forum

Good idea.

Basil
30-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Good idea.
:D

f8PhzrmBgMI

Capablanca-Fan
30-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Forum created and all the NZ chess threads I could find quickly moved there.

There are a very small number of NZ ratings threads and threads about pairings in NZ tournaments in Ratings Arena and Arbiters Corner respectively. For the time being they have been left where they are.
Good job, thanx.

Tony Dowden
31-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Yes, many thanks for the NZ forum.

Is it possible to retire this thread now, so that it isn't mistaken as the actual forum?

Kevin Bonham
31-01-2010, 09:31 AM
Yes, many thanks for the NZ forum.

Is it possible to retire this thread now, so that it isn't mistaken as the actual forum?

I've retitled it to avert such confusion and if that doesn't do the job I'll lock it as well.

The New Zealand chess section is at http://chesschat.org/forumdisplay.php?f=94