PDA

View Full Version : Western Sydney

PHAT
16-08-2004, 05:50 PM
Starter, I don't think BG will voluterily tell you who they are - I little too delicate. So I will tell you. Of cause is will be 95% acturite and I will have been able to goad Bill in to saying, "Total crap. You are a joke," and then procede totell you mostly what I have said.

Anyway. The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system. BG is sch.t scared that they would do it again and is too gutless to call their bluff - espectially since Glicko is on the nose with many players.

Yep, a no brainer. But as I said, the western mob have BG filling his pants.

Notice that BG is so frightened by the westies that he could not even bring himself to call me names over the post quoted above.

ursogr8
16-08-2004, 06:53 PM
Notice that BG is so frightened by the westies that he could not even bring himself to call me names over the post quoted above.

Or he might be like me,...lost the thread, once that banana-bender started moving posts elswhere. :rolleyes:

starter

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Or he might be like me,...lost the thread, once that banana-bender started moving posts elswhere. :rolleyes:

starter
No , I just happened to somehow miss his post.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 07:57 PM
Dont kid yourself.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 08:14 PM
Starter, I don't think BG will voluterily tell you who they are - I little too delicate. So I will tell you. Of cause is will be 95% acturite and I will have been able to goad Bill in to saying, "Total crap. You are a joke," and then procede totell you mostly what I have said.
Well it is total crap and you are a complete fool.
If you dont know what you are talking about you should just shut your trap instead of speading misinformation.

Anyway. The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system. BG is sch.t scared that they would do it again and is too gutless to call their bluff - espectially since Glicko is on the nose with many players.
What a load of rubbish.
A group of clubs from Sydneys western suburbs broke away from the NSWCA in I think 1980 because they were unhappy that a decision at an AGM not to increase membership fees was overturned a couple of months later at an Extraordinary general meeting.
The western suburbs clubs started their own teams comp called the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership. They ran it at the same time as the NSWCA Grade Matches.
The NSWCA refused to rate it unless all players became members of the NSWCA
Therefore the WSCP started calculating their own ratings.
I know all this because I was the ratings officer for the WSCP.
The WSCP few years later and as a sign of goodwill moved their event to March -April so as to stop clashing with the NSWCA Grade matches and in late 1985 the WSCP ratings list was merged into the ACF list and the WSCP was rated by the NSWCA.
The WSCP is still running.

Yep, a no brainer. But as I said, the western mob have BG filling his pants.
The only thing speewing crap is your mouth as usual.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 08:46 PM
In fact you idiot this was discussed on the old ACF BB.

Back then I said

Back in the early 80's when the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership (WSCP) started the then NSWCA Council decided it would not rate any of thee games played in the teams competition unless all players became members of the NSWCA. The fact that the NSWCA rated non NSWCA tournaments where membership wasnt a requirement wasnt a consideration.
This threat had no effect on the WSCP which continued to flourish and the NSWCA gained no new members. In fact all that happened was the WSCP started its own rating system.
The NSWCA finally saw sense after 3-4 years and the NSWCA began rating the WSCP players and merged the WSCP rated players into the ACF rating system.

ursogr8
16-08-2004, 09:43 PM
A group of clubs from Sydneys western suburbs broke away from the NSWCA in I think 1980 because they were unhappy that a decision at an AGM not to increase membership fees was overturned a couple of months later at an Extraordinary general meeting.
The western suburbs clubs started their own teams comp called the Western Suburbs Chess Premiership. They ran it at the same time as the NSWCA Grade Matches.
The NSWCA refused to rate it unless all players became members of the NSWCA
Therefore the WSCP started calculating their own ratings.

At the risk of repeating myself, can I point out that this an entirely avoidable conflict if players are not required to members of a State Association. You could try the Victorian system; it avoids the conflict and avoids the task of maintaining a members register.

starter

PHAT
16-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Well it is total crap and you are a complete fool.
If you dont know what you are talking about you should just shut your trap instead of speading misinformation.

What a load of rubbish.

The only thing speewing crap is your mouth as usual.

So what is it about what I said that was crap?

The history is that there are western suburbs clubs that have quit the NSWCA previously over ratings fees and started their own rating system.

Sorry, but I cannot find the "crap",

1. They quit the NSWCA

2. They quit over fees - I specifically remember you telling me at the NSW Club Championship, that is was ratings fees.

3. They started their own rating system.

So where is the "crap"?

The only crap is in your pants.

FFS, what are you trying to do to yourself. I can say anything and you go balistic. You need help.

Garvinator
16-08-2004, 10:22 PM
I know all this because I was the ratings officer for the WSCP.
matt, i think it is this quote from bill that is the main point. Bill was the rating officer for the wscp at the time they left nswca.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 10:27 PM
So what is it about what I said that was crap?

Sorry, but I cannot find the "crap",
The crap is your misinformation.

1. They quit the NSWCA
They quit the NSWCA Grade Matches.

2. They quit over fees - I specifically remember you telling me at the NSW Club Championship, that is was ratings fees.
I never told you that, because it isnt true.
I said they quit over membership fees.

3. They started their own rating system.
You finally got one thing correct.

So where is the "crap"?
Spewing from your mouth as usal.

The only crap is in your pants.
You wish.
The only crap around is coming from you.

FFS, what are you trying to do to yourself. I can say anything and you go balistic. You need help.
You are a joke.
You keep speading misinformation in the hope it will be belived.
I'm just pointing out what a fool you are.
You are a joke.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 10:29 PM
matt, i think it is this quote from bill that is the main point. Bill was the rating officer for the wscp at the time they left nswca.
Matt does not know what he is talking about as usual.
I was around at the time and involved.
He wasnt.
He is a fool.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 10:31 PM
At the risk of repeating myself, can I point out that this an entirely avoidable conflict if players are not required to members of a State Association. You could try the Victorian system; it avoids the conflict and avoids the task of maintaining a members register.
NSW used to have the Mexican system.
It was replaced long ago.

PHAT
16-08-2004, 10:51 PM
NSW used to have the Mexican system.
It was replaced long ago.

:lol:

So?!?!?

Now answer starter's question, tosser.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 10:54 PM
:lol:

So?!?!?

Now answer starter's question, tosser.
I did you fool.
He said we could try the Mexican system.
I pointed out we had used it previously and progressed.

PHAT
16-08-2004, 10:57 PM
I never told you that, because it isnt true.
I said they quit over membership fees.

That is not my distinct recallection. Nevertheless, if you say here that it was membership fees, OK, it was mebership fees.

The strange thing is that I also recall the same ratings fees issue being said by you on another occation. Why have I got that in my head? What am I thinking of? What is the missing piece?

PHAT
16-08-2004, 11:00 PM
I did you fool.
He said we could try the Mexican system.
I pointed out we had used it previously and progressed.

Progressed? Thinning hair, diabetes and hip replacements are also progress.

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 11:10 PM
That is not my distinct recallection. Nevertheless, if you say here that it was membership fees, OK, it was mebership fees.
I can assure you it had nothing to do with rating fees. It was all to do with membership fees.

The strange thing is that I also recall the same ratings fees issue being said by you on another occation.
I cannot see how as I would have never mentioned rating fees in relation to the formation of the WSCP.
What you are probably mis-remembering was a comment by Peter Cassettari in relation to my NSW state rating fee idea. He suggested that if such a fee was introduced the WSCP would more than likely not rate their event and the consequence opf that would be that it would likely end up dying.

Why have I got that in my head? What am I thinking of? What is the missing piece?
Possibly only God knows and he isnt telling. :lol:

Bill Gletsos
16-08-2004, 11:12 PM
Progressed? Thinning hair, diabetes and hip replacements are also progress.
If you had actually been a members since the 70's then your opinion might hold some sway as you would be able to make a valid comparison.
Unfortunately for you that isnt the case.