PDA

View Full Version : Fritz 12 saving issue with Windows 7

Garvinator
17-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I have had Fritz 12 since it was released and have not been able to save games to database when using windows 7 evaluation system. I can save games, create databases etc when I am using windows xp and have full functionality, but when attempting to do the same functions with windows 7, fritz 12 just will not do it.

Has anyone come across this or similiar issues? Also, does someone have the contact support address for chessbase as I bought f12 through them when it was released.

Spiny Norman
17-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Have you tried XP compatibility mode (or whatever its called)?

Garvinator
17-12-2009, 08:17 PM
Have you tried XP compatibility mode (or whatever its called)?My answer will probably answer your question ;) What is that? :lol: Please describe :)

Btw chessbase have replied and so now it is on to the back and forth in trying to sort out the issue.

I will update if there is a resolution in case someone else has this issue in the future.

Spiny Norman
18-12-2009, 04:49 AM
I think there is a facility/mode in Windows 7 that allows you to run a Windows XP-style "application container" (or maybe its even a Windows XP virtual machine?). Might need to Google it. I have only read about it in passing and haven't yet used Windows 7 myself.

Brian_Jones
18-12-2009, 08:00 AM
Also, does someone have the contact support address for chessbase as I bought f12 through them when it was released.

You are now a small fish in a big pond. ;)

You would get better support if you purchased through a Chessbase dealer! :hand:

Desmond
18-12-2009, 08:37 AM
I think there is a facility/mode in Windows 7 that allows you to run a Windows XP-style "application container" (or maybe its even a Windows XP virtual machine?). Might need to Google it. I have only read about it in passing and haven't yet used Windows 7 myself.
I'm not sure what the procedure is in Windows 7 but I'd try either:
when you first open Fritz right click the icon and see if there is a "run in XP compat mode" option. or
right click, go properties and see if there is a similar option.