PDA

View Full Version : Child suspended for associating Christ with Christmas

Bereaved
17-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone,

This story really struck me of how political correctness is so over entrenched in America

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/21971287/detail.html

The story is of an 8 year old suspended for drawing a crucifix and Christ upon it as something of meaning for him when thinking of Christmas

Opinions?

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

Desmond
17-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Wouldn't that be easter?

Kevin Bonham
17-12-2009, 02:30 PM
This story really struck me of how political correctness is so over entrenched in America

The problem here is that almost everything about the story is disputed. The school states (http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/21978157/detail.html) that there was no specific assignment, that the boy was not actually suspended and that the drawing was not the one shown.

Until we have the facts on these matters it is impossible to interpret this incident or draw any conclusions about what it says about the level of PC in America or even whether it is related to PCness or not. Of course, if the school's claims turned out to be false then they would be guilty of PC + cover-up, but it may be they are guilty of nothing except for having been judged such in trial by media.

And this is very likely the case with many other "PC" incidents sensationally reported in the mainstream media - some will be real, others misconstrued.

morebeer
17-12-2009, 02:37 PM
Not devoid of artistic merit.

Possibly influenced by Jean-Michel Basquiat. I even detect shades of Ben Nicholson's early line drawings.

Capablanca-Fan
17-12-2009, 07:33 PM
Opinions?
Why continue to send kids to the PC government schools, when they are also academically inept?

Wouldn't that be easter?
Right you are. In mitigation, the point of Christmas is Easter; hence the wrapping of the babe in what was really swaddling cloth, and the gift from the magi (who arrived over a year later) of myrrh, a spice used in burial.

Desmond
17-12-2009, 07:45 PM
myrrh, a spice used in burial.that's interesting, I didn't know that. :)