PDA

View Full Version : spreadsheets in open office

Garvinator
13-08-2004, 09:30 PM
Does anyone use open office here? I have done the u1600 gp division in open office spreadsheet and im trying to upload it to view here and i cant work out how. I need to change the file type to one that can upload here and i cant make it work.

can anyone help?

shaun
13-08-2004, 10:16 PM
Have you tried simply cutting and pasting? Below is a cut and paste from Open Office 1.1.0
Either that or save it as a text or html file file, although you will probably have to do a bit of reformatting of the tags.

Player 1 2 3 4 T
Me 1 1 0.5 0 2.5
You 0 0 0.5 1 1.5

Garvinator
13-08-2004, 11:34 PM
Have you tried simply cutting and pasting? Below is a cut and paste from Open Office 1.1.0
Either that or save it as a text or html file file, although you will probably have to do a bit of reformatting of the tags.

Player 1 2 3 4 T
Me 1 1 0.5 0 2.5
You 0 0 0.5 1 1.5
my computer knowledge of reformatting and stuff is so close to zero it is almost non existant. I would like to be able to keep the original file to put up for display cause eventually i will be able to have all six divisions in one file for easy display and readability.

I have tried saving it as a text file and the only option i am given by my computer for this stuff is microsoft excel 97/2000/xp and it saves a xsl file i think. Does not save as a doc file. That means it will not upload for display here :(

skip to my lou
13-08-2004, 11:40 PM
XLS should be ok to upload here...

skip to my lou
13-08-2004, 11:44 PM
Just checked the settings and it wasn't in the allow list. I have allowed it now.

Just a note that XLS files can contain virus through vbscript or macro etc so just be careful who you download it from, and do a virus check on it before opening it.

If an attachment contains virus, notify the moderators so they can delete the post.

Garvinator
13-08-2004, 11:45 PM
Just checked the settings and it wasn't in the allow list. I have allowed it now.

Just a note that XLS files can contain virus through vbscript or macro etc so just be careful who you download it from, and do a virus check on it before opening it.

If an attachment contains virus, notify the moderators so they can delete the post.
the xls will be coming from me, so it should be safe :uhoh:

skip to my lou
13-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Do not assume anything. There may be a virus on your system without your knowledge. Always do a virus scan!