PDA

View Full Version : Chess Chat Freestyle Tournament #6

Garvinator
03-12-2009, 07:20 PM
With the human only tournament having only two games remaining, time to start seeing how much interest there is for another freestyle tournament.

1) For those unfamiliar with freestyle- engine play, tablebase use is permitted.

2) A player can claim a result once a tablebase position is reached. So as soon as the 5/6 man tbs are showing a result and the result is claimed and verified by myself, the game is over.

If the position is showing a win in more than 50 moves, the 50 move rule does not apply and the result is a win.

3) Please make sure that the move you post in the game is the move you want to play. Incorrect move notation is a binding move and can not be retracted, if the move is legal of course.

So please be careful.

Also, after a game is finished, it is appreciated if one of the participants from the finished game writes the result in this thread, so I am aware of it and can adjust the cross table as required.

Those that wish to play, please state their interest here or by pm to me.

Kevin Bonham
05-12-2009, 09:23 PM
I will probably be available if the tournament starts after the end of Jan 2010.

Garvinator
06-12-2009, 12:44 AM
I will probably be available if the tournament starts after the end of Jan 2010.Judging by the extreme enthusiasm of other posters so far, this is quite likely :P

Garvinator
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
Ok lets try again.

Calling for entries.

Desmond
08-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Perhaps the Compaq computer will enter.