PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started (Basic Info)

bob
03-10-2003, 05:25 PM
Hello i just wanted to put down some basics to get you on your way. If you think you are going to like chess and make it a part of your life this is for you. You are going to need a good site for tournament info. i suggest cajunchess.com or you can type in a search engine upcoming tournaments then your state. Also now a day you need a United States Chess Federation membership to get into most tournys in the usa. so i will save you the troble of having to get one at the last min. the number for uscf is (800) 388-5464
they will hook you up! so good luck with the chess world out there and most of all enjoy your self

also there is a great site to go play chess at(my personal favorite) www.msn.com

Rahul
03-10-2003, 05:37 PM
bob, thanks for the input.

as was pointed out by another member, www.jippii.com is another place to play online chess.

bob
03-10-2003, 05:47 PM
You are welcome Rahul. :)

Jippii can be used sometimes....but it would have to be organised very well.
You admin guys should set something up. :P

Rahul
03-10-2003, 05:52 PM
lol. two out of the three admins are doing their final year of high school, so its a bit hard to fit in. :D

but, there will be something like that in the future...

skip to my lou
03-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Mid November

After the exams ;)

vosinn
04-10-2003, 09:53 AM
We are planning to make an online playing system right here on chesskit, it should be completed by the end of the year, or January or next year. :)

BrainsUK
05-10-2003, 04:29 AM
Does anyone know of any chess tournaments going on within the vicinity of London for Under-18's? Thanks in advance.

skip to my lou
05-10-2003, 04:36 AM
http://www.bcmchess.co.uk/news/events.htm

There is one U18 match there. Might want to email them and find out. :)