PDA

View Full Version : End Game... luv it?

Dash
03-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Personally, I luv the end part of the game...
Its the most interesting...
But it really sux when your losing :x
Cos you have to watch your opponent gloat over their success...

skip to my lou
03-10-2003, 04:14 PM
yes, endgame is very interesting, because there are so many possibilites... even more than the middlegame, thats why computers need tablebases to play endgame :D

BrainsUK
12-10-2003, 05:34 PM
I was playing a King, Rook, Bishop versus King, Rook, Bishop endgame.
Managed to get the upper hand after x-raying his king to pick up a bishop (I used a pawn as bait).

affinity
19-10-2003, 09:55 PM
endgames tells the difference between a good player and someone who appears to be good.

in fact endgames are what's taught first in every proper/systematic chess training school

xiao1985
20-10-2003, 04:14 PM
But it really sux when your losing :x
Cos you have to watch your opponent gloat over their success...

not really... if u r noe the the theory and haf enough practice and noe wut u r doin, u can overturn the losin position into winnin one...... i did it once. tho once only..... hehe i was playin in interschool chess comp...... well i guess u can say that it was still mid game... but still hey , it was quite cool!!!

skip to my lou
20-10-2003, 04:24 PM
:?

ToeAndno
19-04-2004, 10:21 PM
I love the endgame. There isn't a better opportunity to win a game where you have played badly and maybe gone down in material.

Alot of people neglect endgame training for learning openings and so lose a 'winning' game.

The most satisfying thing is when you are down but the game is far from over and you offer a draw and the opponent refuses. Then, when you are winning due to better endgame play, your opponent asks for a draw just as they are about to be mated.

I also like it because its when the most valuable piece comes into the action.

Kevin Bonham
28-04-2004, 01:01 AM
The most satisfying thing is when you are down but the game is far from over and you offer a draw and the opponent refuses.

I never offer a draw when worse unless the opponent is much weaker. It's bad etiquette and will encourage a good opponent to only beat you faster.

Then, when you are winning due to better endgame play, your opponent asks for a draw just as they are about to be mated.

It's always very satisfying to have a reasonable draw offer turned down and then have an opponent later re-offer one in a position you know you are winning.

I like most endgames. I especially like knight endings for some reason, and I find that if I'm even slightly better in a knight ending, I can usually maneuver and win.