PDA

View Full Version : E-books

Saragossa
21-08-2009, 10:03 PM
I got some e-books but they came in an UIF file type. None of my current programs seemed able to interpret them into anything other than double dutch gobbldi-gook.

I tried downloading magicISO (the guys who invented it) bt instead go a dvd burner thing. I also tried a drivecure but I was going to have to pay.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll try to answer any questions regarding the matter.

Saragossa
21-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I got some e-books but they came in an UIF file type. None of my current programs seemed able to interpret them into anything other than double dutch gobbldi-gook.

I tried downloading magicISO (the guys who invented it) bt instead go a dvd burner thing. I also tried a drivecure but I was going to have to pay.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.
I'll try to answer any questions regarding the matter.

Oh and P.S. i did decompress them using MagicISO but it just gave me the same thing except with a different icon. And perhaps a different file type (decompressed UIF I would assume).

P.P.S. I told a naughty fib! They are now in either ISO file type or UFI. So you can choose to solve either. Thankyou!

Desmond
22-08-2009, 10:06 AM
UIF I'm not familiar with but it looks like a way to compress ISOs. So yes you would need to either burn it to a disk and run it from that, or use an image mounter program that simulates the same thing. I use DaemonTools which is a free download. Check if it supports UIF files first though.

Saragossa
23-08-2009, 03:32 PM
UIF I'm not familiar with but it looks like a way to compress ISOs. So yes you would need to either burn it to a disk and run it from that, or use an image mounter program that simulates the same thing. I use DaemonTools which is a free download. Check if it supports UIF files first though.

By compressing it to ISO's I mounted it with Magicdisc and that seemed to work. Although a problem is that I have to do it every time. But that only takes 20sec max so it's all good. Thankyou anyway Boris.