PDA

View Full Version : Chessbase again [was: no longer] updating free online database

Kevin Bonham
21-08-2009, 06:23 PM
This database is not being updated anymore. The new ChessBase Online database can be accessed direct from ChessBase 10 or ChessBase Light 2009 Premium.

Just noticed this today; looks like it includes no games from about the past 15 months.

Are there any other similar free services available that are still updating?

Phil Bourke
21-08-2009, 11:59 PM
TWIC is still providing a free update service.

littlesprout85
27-08-2009, 05:53 PM
:0 eeeeekssss !!!!!

Sprouty doesnt even know wat ems edition of ChessBase ems has :S

-Sprout85 =)

SHump
16-09-2009, 11:24 PM
Chessbase light (the non-premium version)allows you to search chesslive.de, but the program is free and is limited re saving/copying games. Depends on your need (see what others are doing in the same position?) and budget.

Kevin Bonham
21-04-2010, 01:25 AM
Just noticed today that http://www.chesslive.de/ now includes games played in 2010 and furthermore the game search viewer is considerably better than the old one (which was terrible). Don't know when they returned to active duty

Garrett
24-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Thanks to Solo for reminding me on the weekend that it is possible to up-date Mega base from TWIC.

Only took a few hours to get my 2007 chessbase up to date.

I have chessbase 9 ,and noticed that it crashes when I try to download the annotations.

Has anyone else noticed this ?

It is possible it is more to do with my laptop or operating system then anything else.

cheers
Garrett.