PDA

View Full Version : New Squad Colour

Basil
22-07-2009, 10:43 AM
Dear Squad (admins specifically)

I refer to the adoption of the new colour to signify admin status. In my considered opinion the colour sucks the fat one.

The purplish hue is probably a good place to be, given the schema of the board but may I suggest that good taste demands a colour in the order of hexidecimal #660099.

If it were me, and remember that I am considerably ahead of my time, I'd be heading towards austere grey with #666666 (signifying the power of destruction, undertones of experience and subtlety).

The present abomination, being something akin akin to a primary Microsoft selection is good for children and eye problems in old age!

Carry on! and thank you for listening!

Rincewind
22-07-2009, 11:29 AM

I refer to the adoption of the new colour to signify admin status. In my considered opinion the colour sucks the fat one.

The purplish hue is probably a good place to be, given the schema of the board but may I suggest that good taste demands a colour in the order of hexidecimal #660099.

If it were me, and remember that I am considerably ahead of my time, I'd be heading towards austere grey with #666666 (signifying the power of destruction, undertones of experience and subtlety).

The present abomination, being something akin akin to a primary Microsoft selection is good for children and eye problems in old age!

Thanks Gunner. Bill selected the specific hue and personally I don't mind the new one and since I did suggest something in the purple range, perhaps I am complicit in events as they have unfolded. I will comment in my defense that at the time that I suggested purple I was thinking of a tone that was a bit deeper with a touch of electric blue about it.

Axiom
22-07-2009, 12:08 PM
...with a touch of electric blue about it.
ooh , now you're talking !

ER
22-07-2009, 06:44 PM
I thought that Jenny was the most appropriate authority in regards to colours, decorations etc.

AzureBlue
22-07-2009, 07:10 PM
I thought that Jenny was the most appropriate authority in regards to colours, decorations etc.
Yes that is right! :) :owned: LOL :lol: :lol: :clap:

Axiom
22-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes that is right! :) :owned: LOL :lol: :lol: :clap:
I think i need to wear my sunglasses at night . :eek:

AzureBlue
22-07-2009, 07:37 PM
I think i need to wear my sunglasses at night . :eek:

LOL
Good one! :)
:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:

AzureBlue
22-07-2009, 08:51 PM

Wow purple for admins and green for mods, great work! :)

Desmond
23-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Once you've had black, you won't go back!

pappubahry
23-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I haven't bothered reading what all the different colours mean, but the shoutbox is very colourful at the moment - bold purple, bold blue, bold green, bold black, regular blue. :thumbsup: (edit: That's supposed to be a 'thumb's up' smiley...).

AzureBlue
23-07-2009, 05:14 PM
I haven't bothered reading what all the different colours mean, but the shoutbox is very colourful at the moment - bold purple, bold blue, bold green, bold black, regular blue. :thumbsup: (edit: That's supposed to be a 'thumb's up' smiley...).
Yep, we all love to be colourful!! :)