PDA

View Full Version : What happens now?

that Caesar guy
27-05-2009, 04:42 PM
What happens if I am playing a correspondence match with someone, and they get suspended/banned? Do I just wait, or is there a forfeit?

JM

Kevin Bonham
27-05-2009, 04:45 PM
What happens if I am playing a correspondence match with someone, and they get suspended/banned? Do I just wait, or is there a forfeit?

Depends on the rules of the competition.

In the comps run by Garvin I think the way it goes is that if someone times out because they have been suspended then they still lose. But I am not sure with this one since Kaitlin is in charge of the ladder so maybe send her a PM.

antichrist is suspended for a week.

antichrist
04-06-2009, 08:13 PM
What after happens after I win this game against The Real Deal, does my Chesschat rating go up? I hope so, not that I felt really challenged in the game

Kevin Bonham
04-06-2009, 10:25 PM
What after happens after I win this game against The Real Deal, does my Chesschat rating go up? I hope so, not that I felt really challenged in the game

There are no Chesschat ratings at the moment. Glenno ran some systems for a while and then did a poll on what system to implement next but has rarely been on the board recently.

antichrist
05-06-2009, 07:03 PM
There are no Chesschat ratings at the moment. Glenno ran some systems for a while and then did a poll on what system to implement next but has rarely been on the board recently.

I am glad you did not dispute the expected result of the game - about the only thing you have not disputed with me. Maybe coz.....

Kevin Bonham
10-06-2009, 12:43 AM
I am glad you did not dispute the expected result of the game - about the only thing you have not disputed with me. Maybe coz.....

Coz it's a Benko, an opening about which I am really pretty clueless, and because I generally don't like to offer evaluations of ongoing CC games anyway.

antichrist
01-07-2009, 10:56 PM
Some turkeys are trying to take away prisoners right to vote. That reminder of your ruling that I can't play correspondence game on this site when I am barred.

Well LO AND BEHOLD, I can remember my ex con mate (the cat burglar by handle) from Canterbury Bulldogs Chess Club telling how he won a correspondence comp while in Pentridge or Boggo Road (he was in with that Hungarian restaurant runner), and Lloyd Fell telling me how he used to send his move to the prison superintendent.

So it appears that real life convicts have more rights than chess chatters who fallen on the wrong side of the wrong mod during PMS!

Kevin Bonham
01-07-2009, 11:46 PM
AC, which part of not getting banned in the first place is too hard for you to understand?

antichrist
01-07-2009, 11:57 PM
AC, which part of not getting banned in the first place is too hard for you to understand?

It was a ridiculous ban, one week for speaka lika dat, and as mentioned above even prisoners in her majesty's prisons have more rights than chess chatters - at least they can play correspondence chess.

If you were a Burmese general and you had the chance to release (even secretly) you would not do it coz someone else had barred her - not even Hitler's deputies come up with that one.

Kevin Bonham
02-07-2009, 12:15 AM
AC, there is so much you get let off for that you deserve to be banned for that I don't think you should complain when we don't cut you slack.

Anyway as the question has been answered this is not the place for you to argue your treatment; thread locked.