PDA

View Full Version : IE8 and Quick Reply

Spiny Norman
07-05-2009, 06:06 AM
Just letting the admin(s) know that Internet Explorer 8 has a problem with the Quick Reply function here on Chess Chat. Instead of activating the little quick reply editing box at the bottom of the page, it acts just like the regular Reply function by loading a new page with the post's text quoted in it.

Saragossa
07-05-2009, 04:09 PM
Ahhhh that makes sense now I said something about this earlier but I didn't narrow it down to IE8. I just ignored it but I think I will switch to Chrome.

Space_Dude
09-05-2009, 07:39 PM
Ahhhh that makes sense now I said something about this earlier but I didn't narrow it down to IE8. I just ignored it but I think I will switch to Chrome.
Chrome has no problems with cc.. its perfect.

Sinister
09-05-2009, 09:21 PM
go chrome, go chrome, go chrome.
I'm thinking about hiring cheerleaders for chrome to get my point across to people

Rincewind
09-05-2009, 11:50 PM
go chrome, go chrome, go chrome.
I'm thinking about hiring cheerleaders for chrome to get my point across to people

I'm waiting for a compelling reason to move from Firefox. At the moment Chrome just seems to be a hassle for little if any gain.

Capablanca-Fan
10-05-2009, 12:28 AM
Oh, it worked this time. Normally it has problems with the reply function on ChessChat, and I blame Chrome not ChessChat.

EDIT: I take that back. When I pressed Submit Reply, it gave me:

Confirm Form Resubmission

This web page requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action that this page previously performed. Press Reload to resend that data and display this page.

Where it does work, it does seem faster and easier to use. But there were too many sites, including this one, where it didn't function properly. It also has trouble rendering Flash at times, and Facebook links. So I see RW's point.

Space_Dude
10-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Oh, it worked this time. Normally it has problems with the reply function on ChessChat, and I blame Chrome not ChessChat.

EDIT: I take that back. When I pressed Submit Reply, it gave me:

Confirm Form Resubmission

This web page requires data that you entered earlier in order to be properly displayed. You can send this data again, but by doing so you will repeat any action that this page previously performed. Press Reload to resend that data and display this page.

Where it does work, it does seem faster and easier to use. But there were too many sites, including this one, where it didn't function properly. It also has trouble rendering Flash at times, and Facebook links. So I see RW's point.I had no problem with CC when I was on Chome... Everything was fine... and there is the 'mark threads read' bar at the top of the page, and the 'show buddy list' bar next to the page while firefox and IE doesnt...