PDA

View Full Version : Mt Buller Announcements

Garvinator
18-07-2004, 11:21 PM
Please dont post here in reply to any post.

just copy and paste to the mt buller championships thread and then reply there.

Garvinator
18-07-2004, 11:23 PM
Details of accommodation as given to me by George.

For Juniors only each room is $90 a night with three occupants each junior getting Continental breakkie - if a fourth kid goes in that is additioal $20.

Adults - $120 per room per night if third adult goes in extra $50 - all adults get full breakfast.

Only people staying at the Chalet can use Chalet facilities.

My addition now- no one is forced to stay in chalet, but it would help the tournament alot if you did.

Garvinator
18-07-2004, 11:28 PM
The names of the tourneys

Hospitality Textiles Australian Schools Chess Championships
Hospitality Textiles Australian Junior Chess Championships
Mt Buller Australian Open Chess Championships

Garvinator
19-07-2004, 11:33 AM
chesschat names of the organisers:

george= George Howard
ggrayggray= Garvin Gray
Kerry Stead= i think that is obvious ;)
aes= Alex Saint
aledandre= Andrew Saint
Jenni= Jenni Oliver(ascc and junior)
Jeo= Jeo

Garvinator
20-07-2004, 04:43 PM
The below was taken from the SACA website at www.sachess.org

Howard departs: George Howard will be leaving temporarily his position as SACA president in order to move to Mount Buller and organise the many chess events this December/January. Michael Peake will be SACA President in his absence.

george
22-07-2004, 01:57 PM
Hi All,

All accomodation Bookings re Chalet are to be made to Natasha Solczaniuk on
(03) 57776566.

The Administrative details are being developed at a fast pace and final information will be given to Jeo to then launch the Website which will have online entry only with payment option. You may print the Entry Form but you cannot submit it without Credit Card payment or you can send in the completed entry form with payment to a PO Box number which is being arranged now.

The 5,000 Hardcopy entry forms tourney conditions and colour brochures will be distributed hopefully by the second definitely the third week of August.

Jenni Oliver is arranging for Schools Finals info to go out to states/territories etc and is the contact re Schools Finals matters.

Kerry Stead is the contact re Australian Junior and Garvin Gray the contact re Australian Open and Minor.

Further information will be available with the launch of the Website (thankyou Jeo) which will happen probably in about two weeks - basically its up to us Organisers to get the info to Jeo after some tweaking.

If people wish to call me about anything relating to the Organisation or otherwise of the three chess events call me on 0414841575 or email me on georgeshoward@hotmail.com

Kindest Regards
George Howard
Main Organiser Mt Buller Chess Tourneys

george
23-07-2004, 04:27 PM
Hi All,

If you are thinking of staying at Chalet for the Chess Tourneys book NOW.

A few of the rooms with kitchens have already been booked for the whole month - so be warned first in best dressed - these rooms really are very very good value but suit yourselves.

Regards
George Howard

Garvinator
24-07-2004, 10:07 PM
Australian Schools Chess Championships

December 4th and 5th

Garvinator
26-07-2004, 08:32 PM
AUSTRALIAN OPEN AND MINOR CHAMPIONSHIPS

Tuesday 28th December 2004 - Sunday 9th January 2005

Garvinator
29-07-2004, 11:16 AM
The Mt Buller Australian Open Chess Championships

Dates: Tuesday December 28th 2004 to Sunday January 9th 2005

Details: 11 round Swiss draw, 1 round per day, 90 min/60s

Prizes: $18,500 in prizes, 1st-10th place, + rating prizes. Top prize is $4500!

Prices: $90 concession, $130 adult (early bird fees) GM, WGM, IM, WIM free

Contact: Garvin Gray, ph 0422993062 garvingray@mtbullerchess.com

Garvinator
29-07-2004, 11:16 AM
Hospitality Textiles Australian Junior Chess Championships

dates: Tuesday January 11th to January 21st 2005

prices: $55 all juniors (early fee); GM, WGM, IM, WIM all free

prizes: $5,800 total; 1st-5th, girls and age prizes.

Garvinator
29-07-2004, 11:17 AM
Hospitality Textiles Australian Schools Chess Championships

Dates: December 4th and 5th

Garvinator
29-07-2004, 11:18 AM
Accommodation: Mercure Grand Chalet, 4.5 Star, Mt Buller, Summit Road.
Adult: $120 twin share per night including full buffet breakfast
$50 for an additional adult
Junior: $90 for three children including a continental breakfast
$20 for an additional child
All accommodation queries and bookings must be directed to:
Ms Natasha Solczanuik Ph: (03) 5777 6566

It is the responsibility of entrants to arrange accommodation. The above Chalet accommodation deal, secured at discounted rates, is highly recommended by the organisers.

Garvinator
29-07-2004, 01:07 PM
The Mt Buller Minor Tournament

Dates: Sunday 2nd January- Wednesday 5th January 2005

Details: 8 round Swiss draw, 2 round per day, 90 minutes + 30 seconds

Prizes: 1st-3rd place + rating prizes. Top prize is $500!

Prices: $60 adult (early bird fees). $80 adult (late). Concession and junior entry fee: $50 early, $70 late.

Contact: Garvin Gray, ph 0422993062 garvingray@mtbullerchess.com

Garvinator
30-07-2004, 12:12 AM
I will have alot more information regarding accommodation options/prices and packages on August 4.

Garvinator
03-08-2004, 02:09 PM
ok some information a day early :owned: I will have more tomorrow. Im sure Jenni will post some things too.

Food: I know the availability of food has been a major concern and from my point of view, a very understandable one.

George, Kerry and myself have seen the supermarket in mansfield and it is just like any normal supermarket in a large city. All the options for what looked like reasonable prices. So no probs with shopping there.

the mercure have agreed to alter their menu quite a bit to fit in with what our players diets might require eg extra asian type options etc. Prices will be just like a normal city restaurant. So you will be paying the same amount for food as you would be in the city if you eat at the mercure restaurants.

Accommodation: We were told very clearly by mercure that people wanting accommodation were to ring the mercure directly. Therefore the organising committee will not be handling any enquiries about accommodation. I cant stress this highly enough. We were told in no uncertain terms that accommodation matters were to be handled by the mercure, not by the organising team.

Again, questions regarding alternate packages for adult/children are to be directed to Roman or Natasha from mercure. When we were leaving, Roman told us that they have had alot of enquires and the rooms with kitchens have already been booked out. Seems some ppl arent as sceptical as amiel, or have been to mt buller before and realise what the mercure is like.

What to do during non playing times: the mercure and related tourist centres are going to change some of their packages/tourist travels to fit in with what our players will want to see, especially for the juniors. Mt buller is a ghost town during summer and so the mercure and accor are bending over backwards to make us happy and enjoy our time there. the exact details are still being worked out as both sides get more information about what is available and what our players want.

for those staying at mercure- there is also a gym, squash court, basketball courts, swimming pool, spa and a few decent pool tables. Bring your own dial up account and there is dial up internet access throughout the mercure.

I will admit that non of us got to look at the other lodges. We arrived at about 1pm sunday and spent the afternoon and early evening speaking to mercure and looking over the venue etc. then on monday, we had a massive whiteout and just getting around outside was extremely difficult.

According to mercure, it has snowed a few times during summer on occasions too. I think that would look great, to have it snow during the ascc

Shuttle buses: there will be shuttle buses going from mt buller to mansfield return every couple of days for those who want to use the supermarket and other shops.

Vline transport- George Kerry and I travelled the vline route back from mt buller to melbourne and it is a very scenic and enjoyable 3 hour trip. the trip is not boring and endless. When i was told that mt buller is a ghost place during summer i almost fell off my chair.

New years eve party- there will be a new years eve party held.

Playing venue- the playing venue is at a restuarant called abom. it is large spacious and is on two levels. We will be playing all tournaments on the top level. the abom will comfortably sit all the required people for each tournament. the lighting is very good, especially in summer with some natural light coming in.

Titled players- negotations are still continuing with all concerned parties, but we have confirmed one gm and more are about to commit.

Garvinator
03-08-2004, 03:55 PM
analysis rooms- we have been able to get separate analysis/preparations rooms for each state. This means that each state will be able to prepare in secret, no partitions etc.

Garvinator
03-08-2004, 04:19 PM
More info about rooms- this information is direct from Roman, the main contact person regarding accommodation at mercure.

Rooms with kitchens- 12 rooms, 50 % deposit, you have seven days to pay or lose the booking and it goes to next person in line who pays. The remaining balance is paid when you get to mercure.

Without kitchens- credit card number is required but no money is required when making booking. 1 month before your first day of accommodation,the 50% deposit rate must be paid. The other 50% is paid when you arrive.

there are 65 rooms in total at the mercure grand chalet. 50% of the rooms have already been booked for the time of the juniors already.

Roman also added that some of the other lodges will start upping their accommodation fees once they find out that mercure is about to fill their rooms.

Garvinator
03-08-2004, 05:01 PM
Bye issue if odd number of players.-

In the australian open/ minor, we will have a player available who will play when a round has a odd number of players. In the junior we hope to do the same, but its not as easy as for the open/minor as none of our extended organising team is a junior :cool:

jenni
04-08-2004, 07:02 PM
This information and the entry form will be e-mailed out to State and Junior Organisations tomorrow.

Teams must be qualified by their State/Junior Organisation.

Hospitality Textiles
2004 Australian Schools Teams Championships

Tournament Conditions

Dates and Venue
The championships will be held on 4th and 5th December 2004 at the ABOM restaurant, Mt Buller, Victoria

Eligibility
Each State and Territory is entitled to enter one team in each of the following championships:
Australian Secondary Schools Open
Australian Secondary Schools Girls
Australian Primary Schools Open
Australian Primary Schools Girls

Teams
Each team shall comprise players from one school. Players nominated for a girl’s championship cannot play in an open championship; players nominated for an open championship cannot play in a girl’s championship.
Teams shall consist of four players plus up to 4 reserve players.
Team members must be bona fide students at the school entering the team.
Players and reserves are to be entered, and to play, in their teams in order of playing strength, which may not be varied during the championships. National or junior ratings are indicative of playing strength unless there are valid reasons for a school to believe that a player’s current rating does not refect the player’s true strength.

What if there is a Bye?

Because there is no “home” state to provide an extra team to ensure there is no bye, the state that won their division in 2003 will be asked to provide an extra team if a bye is occurring in that division. If they do not wish to, then we will ask the other states to nominate a team and if more than one state wishes to, then we will have a draw for which state gets the extra team.

ACT - fills the bye for the Girls Primary
QLD - fills the bye for the Girls Secondary
NSW – fills the bye for the Open Primary
NSW – fills the bye for the Open Secondary

Tournament Director
The chief arbiter for the championships is Charles Zworestine
Questions or concerns during the course of the tournament should be raised with the chief arbiter.

Tournament Organiser
The tournament organiser is Jenni Oliver
Mail : 39 Jaeger Cct, Bruce ACT 2617
e-mail: jenni@stratagemcc.com.au
phone: 02 6253-2848

Registration
Schools must forward entry forms, with details of players and reserves, by mail or e-mail to reach the tournament organiser by 24th October 2004. Where qualifying tournaments still have to be completed, then please let the tournament organiser know by the 24th October if it is likely that a team will be entered.
Final registration of teams, with any late changes, will take place at 9:00 am on Saturday 4th December.
Upon registration, the playing order for each team will be confirmed.

School Profiles

Each school will be asked to provide a school profile to be put up on the web. It doesn’t have to be very long. A description of the school, the chess environment at the school and a bit about the team, is all that is needed. A link to the school’s web site, would be nice.

Reserves
Reserves may be freely used throughout the tournament.
The chief arbiter should be notified of the intention to substitute a reserve not later than 15 minutes before the start of the round in which the substitution is to take place.
When a reserve is substituted, the team playing order as advised upon registration must be preserved.

Format
Each championship will be played as a teams round-robin tournament.

Playing times
Round 1 will commence at 10:00am.
Because of the 10 seconds increment, it is possible that a round may be late finishing. In this case the next round will start 15 minutes after the conclusion of the previous round.

Apart from this Round times will be 10:00am, 1pm and 3:30 pm each day.

If a sixth round is not needed, then 3 rounds will be played on the Saturday and 2 rounds on the Sunday.

If only 4 teams are registered, then a double round robin, requiring 6 rounds will be played. If this only applies to one division, then an early round will be played on the Sunday morning, for this Division only. However the intention is to invite extra team to make up each Division to a minimum of 6 teams.

Players should be seated and ready for play five minutes before the scheduled commencement time for each round. Announcements to the players will be made at this time.

Time Controls
In the Secondary school championships, the time control for the whole game will be 60 minutes per player with an added 10 seconds increment per move made from move 1.
In the primary schools championship, the time control for the whole game will be 40 minutes per player with an added 10 seconds per move made from move 1.

Recording Moves
Players shall record their games on the score sheets provided. As is usual, players need not record moves when they have less than 5 minutes remaining of their allotted time.

FIDE Laws
The FIDE Laws of Chess will apply.

Results
ACF By Law 5.
a.Each Championship shall be won by the team having the highest team points being the sum of points scored by all individual members of the team, including reserves.
b.If more then one team in a Championship has the same number of team points, the following tie-break principles apply in the order listed: (i) match points - 2 for win, 1 for a draw, o for loss; (II) team points scored in matches between the tied teams - eg. if 3 teams in a tie each team would have a score out of 12; (iii) as in (ii) but with preference given to wins on the highest board.
c.If, after applying (i) to (iii), any teams are still tied, the title is to be shared by those teams.

Getting There
If you are not planning to drive to Mt Buller, then the best way is to fly to Melbourne (Tullamarine Airport). Go from there to Spencer St Station. The timetable for the Melbourne to Mansfield coach can be found at http://www.vlinepassenger.com.au/timetables/northeast/NorthEast_mlb_mnsfld.htm

The general v-line webpage address is

http://www.vlinepassenger.com.au/

A shuttle bus will take people from Mansfield to Mt Buller and return.

Accommodation
Preferred accommodation is at the Mercure Grand Chalet Hotel at Mt Buller.

Website is http://www.mtbullerchalet.com.au/

All accommodation booking to be made direct with the Mercure on 03 5777-6566. Contact person is Natasha Solczaniuk. For the schools comp and the Aus Juniors, the Mercure will consider a child to be anyone competing in the competitions. Normally a child is under 14. The Mercure is allowing 3 children in a room for $90 (continental breakfast), or 2 adults in a room (full breakfast) for $120.00. The rooms have a double/Queen size bed and a sofa bed, which could sleep two people, but it depends on the size of the person. The 4th child would be $20. If a third adult is added to the adult room, that is $50 including breakfast.

If you do not wish to stay at the Mercure, then a large amount of other accommodation can be found at http://www.mtbuller.com.au/accommodation/
Please note that not all of these are open in the summer. Some of the lodges will open for the weekend, but will require a minimum no of people staying there.

Food Arrangements

Lunches will have to be pre-ordered. Lunch order forms will be provided to teams as they enter. Prices will be in the order of $2 for a simple sandwich, $3 for a more complicated one. E.g. a filling and salad.

Free Afternoon tea will be provided on both days (after the second and fifth rounds).

Social Evening
As usual a Social evening will be held at the completion of round 3. This will be subsidised to keep costs as low as possible.

Prize-Giving
Prize-giving will be held at the completion of round 5 (approx 3:30). In the event of 6 rounds being needed then prize giving will take place at approximately 5:30. Trophies will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and third places and there will be a trophy for the school as well as individual trophies.

Garvinator
06-08-2004, 12:02 PM
Here is a copy of the four emails that I have exchanged with Latrobe regarding their facilities during summer.

Dear Latrobe Uni Public Sports Centre,

Hello, my name is Garvin Gray and I am one of the organisers for the
australian open and junior chess championships that is going to be held at
mt buller from december 28 to January 22.

I have seen the website regarding activities during summer
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/mtbuller/SportsCentre.html. I am attempting to
find out if people who are not staying at mercure grand chalet, but are
staying at other lodges, are able to use these facilities. Is the url
still accurate?

Can you please give me an update on these situations?

Yours Faithfully,

Garvin Gray
Mt Buller Chess Organiser

Garvinator
06-08-2004, 12:03 PM
Hi Garvin,

At this stage the gymnasium will be open and also the Mercure Chalet has
a pool, squash courts and some gym equipment that is open to the public
during summer. The sports hall with the courts will probably not be open
as I think they plan to have the chess tables in there.

We will know the arrangements nearer the time. I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Julie
Receptionist
La Trobe University
Mt Buller Campus

Garvinator
06-08-2004, 12:03 PM
The sports hall with the courts will probably not be open as I think they
plan to have the chess tables in there.

Hello Julie,

In response to the above sentence, the chess tournaments are going to be
held in abom restaurant as this is perfectly sized for our needs.

If i understand your previous response correctly, this will then change
the situation regarding the sports hall. Is this correct?

Cheers,

Garvin Gray
Mt Buller Chess Organiser

Garvinator
06-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Hello Garvin,

The sports hall is open to the public at varying prices depending on the
type of activity undertaken. We won't know the days or hours that the
sports hall will be open until nearer the time, unless you specially
want to make a group booking at a certain time.

Regards,
Julie Ferrier
Receptionist
La Trobe University
Mt Buller Campus

george
06-08-2004, 03:04 PM
Hi All,

The pool,spa,gym,squash court,half basketball court in the Chalet will ONLY BE AVAILABLE TO GUESTS STAYING AT THE CHALET. All rooms with kitchens HAVE BEEN BOOKED for both tournaments.

George Howard

george
06-08-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi All,

Change to Junior dates IMPORTANT!!!!!!

The dates for the Australian Junior are 11th January to 21st January not 23rd January as publicised before. It seems the Mercure have a Porsche rally starting after this date and this information fell through the cracks with the Changeover of Organisers. Roman the Events Manager at Mercure Mt Buller apologises as he should have picked it up at the start.

Consequences : U12 - the rest days coincide with the Junior and number 2 not four as before - accomodation costs are decreased.
Junior - on day two and first day after second rest day
there will be two rounds - accomodation costs are decreased.

OPEN NEWS - 2 confirmed GM's one being GM Darryl Johansen - we expect about 6 - 7 Grandmasters in the Open - this is within budget and achievable. Communications and negotiations are taking place between a number of Italian and especially Phillipine chess players interested in playing in the Open. This is over and above discussions I am pursuing with GM's.

THE INFO PACK , entry forms etc have now gone to printers and Jeo so definitive information will be available on the Website shortly.

Again apologies about Junior dates cant be helped.

Regards to ALL
George Howard
Main Organiser Mt Buller Tourneys

george
07-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Hi All,

More good news!

GM Dejan Antic has agreed to play in the Australian Open making three confirmed GM's with a few more to come - please watch this space especially around early September when a certain GM I am chasing will make a decision on whether to play.

Regards to ALL
George Howard

Garvinator
06-09-2004, 07:08 PM
Hello everyone,

Lidums has come aboard as the naming rights sponsor for the australian open. So the australian open will now be called the Lidums Australian Open.

Mercure Grand Chalet are still the main sponsor. They have been generous enough to put their name a little into the background in order to get some other sponsors on board. The brochures for the event (which are at the printers now from what I have heard) should have Mt Buller mentioned throughout, so I think the Chalet are pretty safe with getting at least some mention for their money.

Garvinator
12-09-2004, 04:15 PM
By aes:

Brochures will be distributed to all clubs and associations, by next week probably.

george
20-09-2004, 12:19 AM
Hi All,

The Website for the tournaments is now operational at mtbullerchess.com

It took a little while but it looks great - thankyou Jeo we got there in the end!!

The ten thousand brochures etc etc arrive tomorrow and they will be sent out the following week - I need a few days break to nurse some broken ribs so I will be out of email contact for a few days - my mobile should work on Kangaroo Island but I will be back late next Sunday.

Regards
George Howard

george
20-09-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi All,

I just received the equivalent of 240 reams of paper as brochures - these will be sent out to all clubs and chess organisations as well as state/territory chess bodies in Australia as soon as is practicable.

Regards
George Howard

Garvinator
29-09-2004, 01:19 AM
Brochures have been put together by George, Andrew and Alex and are being sent out in the next couple of days to the state associations and clubs in each state/territory. Also extra copies are being sent to Jenni and myself.

They should arrive by tuesday next week.

george
01-10-2004, 04:52 PM
Hi All,

Apart from some Victorian Clubs for which I am trying to get addresses I have sent out the brochures for Lidums Australian Open Chess Championship and Hospitality Textiles Tony Collyer Pty Ltd Australian Junior Chess Championships to all clubs in Australia or in case of Canberra and Queensland a central person. They should arrive today or early next week.

The cost of printing these brochures does not impinge on the bottom line but have been produced by Independent Distillers as a result of the sponsorship arrangements.

If any club or any chess organisation wishes to get extra copies please dont hesitate to send me an email at georgeshoward@hotmail.com and I will forward you the number you require.

Paul Campbell from SA also helped as did Brian Jones not to mention Andrew and Alex Saint - thanks !!

Regards to ALL
George Howard

Garvinator
12-10-2004, 02:52 PM
Hello everyone,

A further five players have agreed to play in the Lidums Australian Open. These players include one Latvian GM, one Philippines GM and three other national masters from the Philippines.

George Howard will have more information when he posts regarding names etc.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray
Mt Buller Chess Tournaments Organiser.

george
13-10-2004, 02:01 AM
Hi All,

I have just posted a rather long post on the "is it repeatable thread."

In addition the following players have confirmed for the Lidums Australian Open.

Another GM ie GM Normunds Miezis another Latvian GM.

Four Philippines players are also making the trek to Mt Buller;
Peter Tidoy,Dennis Tidoy,Prospero Cruz,Levi Mercado.

In the Junior I have received an email that two talented Indian Juniors are making the trek to Mt Buller to play in the Hospitality Textiles Tony Colyer Pty Ltd Australian Junior Chess Championships.

Kindest regards TO ALL
George Howard

Garvinator
13-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Reminder to all posters:

just copy and paste to the relevant thread and reply there.

Much appreciated,

Garvin Gray
Mt Buller Chess Tournaments Organiser

george
16-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Hi All,

A number of people have raised a concern about the end of the Junior and the prizegiving time. It seems most people would prefer an early start for the older children for the last round in line with the U12 so that the prizegiving could be in the afternoon rather than the evening.

This seems very sensible so we will make such a change and we will post the details shortly.

Regards to ALL
George Howard

george
20-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Hi All,

The following person and Organisations are NOT I repeat NOT involved in the organising of the schools finals,Open or Junior.

David Cordover
Chess World
Chess Kids

Regards to ALL
George Howard

george
01-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi All,

The three Italian players being brought to the Lidums Open were requested by Mercure Grand and are being paid for separately by Mr Grollo because they are Italian - he wanted Italian titled players here and so committed extra resources.

Funding for the Italians does not come from the tournament budget - only GM's are being given financial assistance apart from free entry to play in the Lidums Open.

Regards to ALL
George Howard
Main Organiser Lidums Australian Open

george
05-11-2004, 05:14 PM
hi all,

Some parents are starting to realise the value of staying at the Mercure Grand Chalet during the Junior.

The free coaching available ONLY to children staying at Mercure will guarantee I think a full Mercure Grand Chalet for the Junior. SO parents fair warning - if you want your children to stay in luxury at a very discounted rate and receive FREE coaching from two world class coaches book at the Mercure for the Juniors NOW!!!

George Howard

Garvinator
09-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Hello Everyone,

Wasnt sure where to type this, so as it applies to all the mt buller tournaments, here seemed right.

I have done some research on the average daily temperatures at mount buller during December and January.

December:

The average daily temperature: 14.7 degrees
The average nightly temperature: 6.2 degrees

January:

The average daily temperature is 16 degrees
The average nightly temperature is 7 degrees.

Some days/nights even have minus temperatures on average.

So my advice, pack your warm clothes. There has not been one day on record of over 30 degrees.

Website: http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/averages/tables/cw_083024.shtml

Garvinator
16-11-2004, 02:46 PM
All cheques for entry can be made out to either:
Mt Buller Chess or Mt Buller Chess Tourneys - both are fine for the cheques but Mt Buller Chess Tourneys would be preferred (definitely not ACF).

Garvinator
23-11-2004, 10:46 PM
Hello everyone,

Online entry is now available at www.mtbullerchess.com. It is located on the home page, easy to see and access for everyone.

Also School Profiles are now available on the home page too.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray

george
23-11-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi All,

Well Mt Buller is winning me over very fast as a place. Drove home tonight after seeing a friend who lives near Jerijig (I hope I spelt it correctly) and on the drive home saw kangaroos rabbits and the biggest buck deer with full antlers - it was pretty amazing!

For those interested the chalet has booked a four piece Irish band to play New Years eve. Sounds like a lively night will be had by all but perhaps we can ask our Italian friend to play on the grand piano for us.

Tell everyone its going to be serious chess but also a very friendly group in stunning surroundings!

Regards
George

Garvinator
25-11-2004, 09:39 AM
Hello Everyone,

Regarding the non guest accessing mercure facilities-

From Peter Richardson:

>From 3 to 7 pm - our facilities are open for a fee to the public as our sports
centre is co run by the Latrobe university. And this is part of our normal
operation. The entry fee is collected by the attendant who mans the operation from 3 to 7 pm each day.
The numbers are limited as our priority is always to our houseguests who do not pay any fees and have access from 7 am to 10 pm 7 days a week.
We are also looking at extending our range of activities i.e. soccer balls, cricket sets, and can hire these out to non-guests - all house guests can access these at no charge -
I am trying to find out from La Trobe what they are looking at doing.

george
02-12-2004, 11:42 AM
Hi All,

I have been waiting for the early bird time to expire which it now has for the Open. I am preparing for the schools this weekend but on 6th December I will send ******** the updated entries. At the moment we have about 60 confirmed entries for the Lidums Australian Open Chess Championship which is about where I was hoping to be at this stage in the Entry Cycle.

Regards
George Howard

george
06-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Hi All,

The Australian Schools Finals were a great success - congratulations to the entire team of Jenni,Charles,Garvin with some help from me in staging a brilliant event!!

A few things however need to be spoken of. When everybody was there on friday night people all wanted to be fed for not much money and all between 6 - 7 pm. Therefore they needed to feed about 150 plus folks cheaply and in a hurry. Food was prepared which is not normally prepared in the restaraunt by the chef to satisfy the demands of bulk and extreme speed. Some adults / children did not like the food quality - they could have eaten at the restaraunt after making a booking as folks do in restaraunts and they would have got food of brilliant quality.

The Mercure Grand Chalet puts on a full menu that the Chef chooses for the day / week but they also do carveries or other specialist needs if there are enough folks. On the last evening 75 folks decided they would eat elsewhere in another location on the mountain - what the 75 people did not realise is that the food consumed at this other place is sourced from the same place as that of Mercure and the Chef used was in fact the Mercure Grand Chalet Chef.
So these 75 folks gained nothing other than upsetting the principal sponsors.

The Mercure Grand Chalet supplied snacks and lunches to the children and did many things extra for the participants and their guests which are not normally done by the Chalet- they supplied an excellent barbecue on Saturday evening but some folks went for seconds and thirds before others had had anything to eat at all.

I ask all participants in the Lidums Open and Australian Junior to work WITH the major sponsor. They have demonstrated that they will do many extra things for us and be extremely helpful and if folks want something different or something is not to the liking of guests they will move heaven and earth to satisfy the demands of their clients. If however they are not told of issues how can they rectify them.

Some commonsense from folks would be appreciated and the Mercure Grand Chalet are firmly committed to providing the very best service and quality food possible on the mountain. They will certainly not try again to satisfy 150 plus folks in what is an unreasonable timeframe and I have asked them not to try to do so as it is unreasonable of people to expect 150 plus gourmet quality meals all to be served up in an hour for $7.50 a head.

That is the end of my gripe but please remember the Mercure Grand Chalet wants everything to be fantastic for us but you have to work with them and inform them if any issues dealing with the Mercure Grand Chalet need to be addressed.

George Howard

george
06-12-2004, 02:37 PM
HiAll,
I am sending an exel spreadsheet to Garvin this evening and he will post all current entrants of the Lidums Australian Open Chess Championships - please understand that this will be the list as of last week.

Kindest Regards
George

george
07-12-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi All,

The magazine "Inside Sport" is to send a reporter and photographer to do a story on the Lidums Australian Open Chess Championships.

Regards
George Howard

Garvinator
07-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Hello everyone,

Current entries for the Lidums Australian Open:

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. KENGIS, Edvins LAT 2543
2. MIEZES, Normunds LAT 2524
3. JOHANSEN, Darryl K VIC 2485
4. D'AMORE, Carlo ITA 2448
5. SEDINA, Elena ITA 2431
6. ALANDI, Ennio ITA 2429
7. BJELOBRK, Igor VIC 2392
8. HECHT, Hans- Joachim GER 2389
9. XIE, George NSW 2351
10. JORDAN, Bill VIC 2348
11. II TEODULFO, Nones PHI 2281
12. TIDOY, Pedro PHI 2226
13. REJ, Tomek NSW 2225
14. DRAGICEVIC, Domagoj VIC 2122
15. PECORI, Ascaro VIC 2046
16. MORTENSEN, Henrik DEN 2030
17. JACKSON, Ralph E SA 2015
18. SONG, Raymond NSW 1995
19. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
20. BONHAM, Kevin TAS 1981
21. SONTER, Matthew QLD 1981
22. DIZDAREVIC, Mehmedalija VIC 1971
23. CHAN, Jason NSW 1957
24. WALLIS, Christopher VIC 1944
25. PYKE, Malcolm L VIC 1941
26. VOON, Richard VIC 1908
27. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
28. MENDES DA COSTA, Alex NSW 1877
29. HU, Jason NSW 1873
30. HOLT, Kenneth P VIC 1860
31. VAN DER WAL, Fritz W NSW 1841
32. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
33. FROST, Peter VIC 1831
34. LIN, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
35. LILLY, Richard WA 1818
36. STOJIC, Svetozar VIC 1802
37. SILAS, Pranas AUS 1800
38. CHADWICK, Charles TAS 1797
39. SONG, Angela NSW 1771
40. TULEVSKI, Vasil G NSW 1771
41. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
42. LEA, Tom VIC 1765
43. ALKIN, John QLD 1762
44. MURRAY, Russell VIC 1755
45. NEUDEL, Bernd OS 1750
46. STARK, Ken QLD 1666
47. GHOBRIAL, Adel VIC 1659
48. OLIVER, Shannon ACT 1644
49. DAVIDSON, Nathan P QLD 1637
50. BUCIU, Aurel-John QLD 1633
51. COOKE, Tristrom SA 1588
52. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
53. BECKMAN, John VIC 1576
54. BAXTER, Craig VIC 1338
55. SCHON, Eugene VIC 1279
56. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rengan VIC 1239
57. GIBBON, Grahame NSW 1130
58. CRUZ, Prospero PHI
59. MERCADO, Levi PHI
60. TIDOY, Dennis PHI
61. VIJAYAKUMAR, Ariaratnan VIC

Garvinator
08-12-2004, 08:52 AM
No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. CHOW, Samuel VIC 2199
2. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
3. OLIVER, Gareth ACT 1931
4. IKEDA, Junta ACT 1916
5. JAGER, Jesse VIC 1895
6. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
7. HU, Jason NSW 1873
8. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
9. LATTIMORE, Tor ACT 1829
10. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
11. STEVENS, Tristan SA 1753
12. HUANG, Justin NSW 1747
13. NEEMAN, Jeremy ACT 1730
14. TSE, Jeffrey NSW 1729
15. LEVIN, Joshua NSW 1677
16. HOANG, Khoi ACT 1650
17. TRAN, Christopher ACT 1596
18. WU, Edwin NSW 1584
19. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
20. MAGUIRE, Jesse ACT 1518
21. HENDRY, Thomas TAS 1478
22. KERKSAL, David VIC 1389
23. UNG, Thomas ACT 1348
24. CHU, Louis NSW 1300
25. IKEDA, Miona ACT 1298
26. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Veronique ACT 1266
27. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Leif ACT 1228
28. ZULFIC, Fedja SA 1211
29. OLIVER, Tamzin L ACT 1182
30. LLOYD, Aidan ACT 1081
31. JOEL, Nathan VIC 1054
32. KENMURE, Jamie VIC 909
33. JONES, Daniel VIC 633
34. SETIABUDI, Allen ACT 567
35. UNG, Josephine ACT 464
36. MCGUIRK, Savannah ACT 402
37. BERGGREN, Patrik SWE
38. BERGGREN, Jonaton SWE
39. BERGGREN, Markus SWE
40. BRIANT, Megan TAS
41. BROWN, Brody TAS
42. DYER, Alistair TAS
43. GREGORIC, Isaiah SA
44. GRIFFITHS, Michael TAS
45. LAU, Aaron VIC
46. LETCHER, Toby VIC
47. LUCAS, Daniel VIC
48. NG, Nicholas VIC
49. PRIESTLY, Tom VIC
50. PRIESTLY, George VIC
51. SMITH, Charlie TAS

george
08-12-2004, 03:28 PM
Hi All,

Mercure Grand Chalet Sports Centre

Free for all persons staying at the Mercure!

Open to the public daily 3pm - 7pm

PRICES

POOL AREA

Adults $10.00 per session
Child 0-3 Free
Child 4-15 $6.00 per session
Family $20 per session
(2 adults & 2 children or 1 adult & 3 children)
10 Visit Ticket $50 use of pool and gym
Towel hire $3 with $5 deposit

GYMNASIUM

Adults only $8 per session

COMBINED ENTRY -POOL AND GYMNASIUM

Adults only $15 per session

SQUASH COURTS

Half Hour Court Hire $12 per court
Hour Court Hire $20 per court
Court hire includes racquets and ball

Regards to ALL
George Howard

Garvinator
08-12-2004, 06:22 PM
Reminder to all posters:

Much appreciated,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
08-12-2004, 07:38 PM
There will be a party at mercure on new years eve and a dining menu as well. Dining menu is attached- four course meal

Band playing from 9.00 to 01.00 called Cabri Muse - Celtic Irish and are fantastic and will have every one up and dancing.
Bookings are essential.
Dinner is from 07.00 onwards.

Apres will be open from 09.00 to 01.00 and will be a Hawaiian theme and will be FOC to all guests and we will have a prizes for best dressed and do a big count down and have funky music playing on the big screen.
Maximum cater for 120 pax.

People to contact MGCMB via email - reservations@mtbullerchalet.com.au or on our 1800 810 210 number.

george
12-12-2004, 01:00 PM
Hi All,

The buses have been booked to take all people travelling to the Chess Tourneys by V-line from Mansfield to Mt Buller and then back down the mountain (free to players)basically during the Juniors as Ralph from Wayward Bus Company will perform the shuttle function during the Lidums Open.

I have also organised a shuttle bus during three days of the Junior from Buller 1 hour stay in Mansfield then back (free to participants) these buses have been arranged to facilitate the purchase of food from Mansfield.

Regards to ALL
George Howard

Garvinator
12-12-2004, 05:58 PM
Hello everyone,

REGARDING THE LIDUMS AUSTRALIAN OPEN-

Due to the short time that the online entries have been available and some uncertainty regarding where to send mail entries to and who to make them out to, we are EXTENDING the closing date by one week till the 22nd.

This means that online entries can be made until the 22nd and postal entries must be recieved by the organising committee by the 22nd.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
13-12-2004, 03:23 PM
Hello everyone again,

I am currently posting the current list of entries for all tournaments except the minor(we are still confirming things so no point posting list of entrants just yet, will be up in next couple of days) in rating order that we are aware of at this stage. If you believe there is an error(which there probably is), dont hesistate to point it out so we can confirm the error and change it.

Your assistance is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Update on buses, :uhoh:

A 22 seat bus will run from Mt Buller to Mansfield, stay in Mansfield for one hour then come back on the following dates.

Fri 14 Sun 16 Tue 18.

The buses will leave Buller at 10 am and leave Mansfield for Buller at 12.00

These buses were to provide a food shuttle service and I hope that carers from various states can perhaps get orders for food etc.from each state.
Of course there is the Supermarket Box service where for $3.30 extra they will deliver to Mt Buller a box full of food.
This service can be accessed by fax 57751773 or phone 57752255 or by email foodworksmansfield@reddrop.com.au.
I have a whole pad of orderforms for this service but really ordering what you want paying by credit card then enjoy the food when it arrives is the way to go.

Cheers,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Reminder to all posters:

Much appreciated,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 02:20 PM
Wayward Bus helps out..

Ralph the owner of Wayward Bus Touring Company in Adelaide has decided to put on a free bus transport to Mt Buller and back for the Lidums Australian Open Chess Championships!

It will leave early in the morning on 27th December from outside his
business on Waymouth St.

Five of the 19 places have been booked already by tournament officials. This leaves 14 places available for SA players (players only) - to book complete the Entry Form for the Championship - pay the Entry Fee then go to Wayward Bus Company and book your free return ticket. First in best dressed.

Ralph has also kindly agreed to provide his luxurious recliner seat bus as
the free shuttle bus during the Lidums Open up and down the mountain.

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 04:31 PM
Hello everyone,

As mentioned on other forums, there is currently a large airline sale going on across all three airlines.

This sale works perfectly for the junior championships. So now flying from melbourne to your city has gotten a lot cheaper.

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:09 PM
List of Players for Lidums Australian Open

No Name Feder Loc Title

1. KENGIS, Edvins LAT 2543 gm
2. JOHANSEN, Darryl K VIC 2485 gm
3. D'AMORE, Carlo ITA 2448 im
4. SEDINA, Elena ITA 2431 im
5. ALANDI, Ennio ITA 2429 im
6. BJELOBRK, Igor VIC 2392
7. HECHT, Hans- Joachim GER 2389 gm
8. XIE, George NSW 2351
9. JORDAN, Bill VIC 2348 fm
10. II TEODULFO, Nones PHI 2281
11. SAW, Geoffrey VIC 2278 fm
13. REJ, Tomek NSW 2225
15. HUMPHREY, Jonathan QLD 2060
16. PECORI, Ascaro VIC 2046
17. WEI, Michael ACT 2043
18. MORTENSEN, Henrik DEN 2030
19. JACKSON, Ralph E SA 2015
20. SONG, Raymond NSW 1995
21. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
22. SONTER, Matthew QLD 1981
23. BONHAM, Kevin TAS 1980
24. DIZDAREVIC, Mehmedalija VIC 1971
25. CHAN, Jason NSW 1957
26. WONGWICHIT, Phachara QLD 1947
27. WALLIS, Christopher VIC 1944
28. OBST, James SA 1942
29. PYKE, Malcolm L VIC 1941
30. VOON, Richard VIC 1908
31. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
32. MENDES DA COSTA, Alex NSW 1877
33. HU, Jason NSW 1873
34. HOLT, Kenneth P VIC 1860
35. LUGO, Ruperto VIC 1845
36. VAN DER WAL, Fritz W NSW 1841
37. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
38. FROST, Peter VIC 1831
39. HARDEGEN, Andrew WA 1820
40. LIN, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
41. LILLY, Richard WA 1818
42. STOJIC, Svetozar VIC 1802
43. SILAS, Pranas AUS 1800
44. CHADWICK, Charles TAS 1797
45. TRUSCOTT, Tony J QLD 1783
46. SONG, Angela NSW 1771
47. TULEVSKI, Vasil G NSW 1771
48. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
49. LEA, Tom VIC 1765
50. ALKIN, John QLD 1762
51. MURRAY, Russell VIC 1755
52. NEUDEL, Bernd OS 1750
53. ALI, Mosaddeque ACT 1734
54. VAN DIJK, Devrim VIC 1680
55. STARK, Ken QLD 1666
56. GHOBRIAL, Adel VIC 1659
57. OLIVER, Shannon ACT 1644
58. DAVIDSON, Nathan P QLD 1637
59. BUCIU, Aurel-John QLD 1633
60. COOKE, Tristrom SA 1588
61. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
62. BECKMAN, John VIC 1576
63. ARKINS, Damien NSW 1435
64. YU, Derek VIC 1388
65. LAUGERY, Bernard A NSW 1377
66. BAXTER, Craig VIC 1338
67. SCHON, Eugene VIC 1279
68. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rengan VIC 1239
69. WANG, Shuyu VIC 955
70. YU, Sally VIC 857
71. CRUZ, Prospero PHI
72. MERCADO, Levi PHI
73. TIDOY, Dennis PHI

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:10 PM
2005 Australian Junior Open Division

List of Players

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. CHOW, Samuel VIC 2199
2. VISHNUVARDHAN, Arjun IND 2126
3. YU, Ronald NSW 2092
4. WEI, Michael ACT 2043
5. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
6. WALLIS, Christopher VIC 1944
7. OBST, James SA 1942
8. OLIVER, Gareth ACT 1931
9. IKEDA, Junta ACT 1916
10. SUTTOR, Vincent NSW 1904
11. JAGER, Jesse VIC 1895
12. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
13. HU, Jason NSW 1873
14. LUGO, Ruperto VIC 1845
15. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
16. LATTIMORE, Tor ACT 1829
17. LIN, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
18. LINDBERG, Douglas VIC 1807
19. WANG, Zhengbo WA 1798
20. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
21. DONALDSON, Thomas WA 1755
22. STEVENS, Tristan SA 1753
23. HUANG, Justin NSW 1747
24. RICE, Edward VIC 1746
25. NEEMAN, Jeremy ACT 1730
26. TSE, Jeffrey NSW 1729
27. VAN DIJK, Devrim VIC 1680
28. LEVIN, Joshua NSW 1677
29. ANDERSON, Daniel C QLD 1673
30. HOANG, Khoi ACT 1650
31. VISWANATH, Ganesh WA 1647
32. VAN HEERDEN, Daniel WA 1631
33. MUTHUSAMY, Reubban VIC 1627
34. TRAN, Christopher ACT 1596
35. WU, Edwin NSW 1584
36. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
37. BROWN, Andrew ACT 1521
38. MAGUIRE, Jesse ACT 1518
39. CHOONG, Yita WA 1501
40. HUMPHRIES, Ryan WA 1495
41. HENDRY, Thomas TAS 1478
42. KERKSAL, David VIC 1389
43. YU, Derek VIC 1388
44. UNG, Thomas ACT 1348
45. TANG, Jason VIC 1333
46. GLENTON, Alan VIC 1301
47. CHU, Louis NSW 1300
48. SCHON, Eugene VIC 1279
49. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Leif ACT 1228
50. SLACK-SMITH, Blair WA 1218
51. ZULFIC, Fedja SA 1211
52. SOMASKANTHAN, Aingaran VIC 1199
53. TAYLOR, Paul WA 1178
54. LLOYD, Aidan ACT 1081
55. JOEL, Nathan VIC 1054
56. DALTON, Joshua VIC 1053
57. KENMURE, Jamie VIC 909
58. JONES, Daniel VIC 633
59. SETIABUDI, Allen ACT 567
60. UNG, Josephine ACT 464
61. BERGGREN, Patrik SWE
62. BERGGREN, Markus SWE
63. BERGGREN, Jonaton SWE
64. BOLESON-ROBINSON, Tristan
65. BRIANT, James
66. BROWN, Brody TAS
67. BROWNRIGG, Sam
68. DUNIAM-DOUGLAS, Ethan
69. DYER, Alistair TAS
70. GESUNDHEIT, Zac
71. GREGORIC, Isaiah SA
72. GRIFFITHS, Michael TAS
73. HORTON, Vincent
74. LAU, Aaron VIC
75. LETCHER, Toby VIC
76. LUCAS, Daniel VIC
77. MURDOCK, Themis
78. NG, Nicholas VIC
79. PARKER, Lloyd
80. PRIESTLY, Tom VIC
81. PRIESTLY, George VIC
82. SHANKER, Gauri IND
83. SITCH, William
84. SMITH, Charlie TAS

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:11 PM
2005 Australian Junior Girls Division
List of Players

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. REID, Vaness NSW 1671
2. IKEDA, Miona ACT 1298
3. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Veronique ACT 1266
4. OLIVER, Tamzin L ACT 1182
5. ROZENBLAT, Vanja VIC 1100
6. WANG, Shuyu VIC 955
7. YU, Sally VIC 857
8. SHENG, Susan VIC 815
9. CHIBNALL, Alana ACT 683
10. MCGUIRK, Savannah ACT 402
11. BRIANT, Megan TAS
12. KNAPP, Katrina

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Junior Open under12

List of Players

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. MORRIS, James VIC 1534
2. XU, William NSW 1502
3. RUSSELL, Luthien QLD 1289
4. CHOW, Justin ACT 1249
5. YUAN, Yi ACT 1241
6. DALTON, Samuel VIC 1239
7. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rengan VIC 1239
8. NGUYEN, Van ACT 1056
9. LUGO, Jerome VIC 993
10. XING, Edward ACT 913
11. QIAN, Dennish VIC 854
12. MCCOOK, Jake ACT 845
13. BAINES, Casey ACT 842
14. MATHESON, Laurence VIC 824
15. JONES, Benjamin VIC 815
16. FENG, Thomas VIC 798
17. TSUI, Edison NSW 755
18. ANDERSON, Todd QLD 732
19. JONES, Craig ACT 432
20. XING, Benjamin ACT 349
21. CLARK, Tim ACT 255
22. QIN, Tomson VIC
23. DALTON, Micah VIC
24. BRIANT, James TAS
25. HARRISON, Nick VIC
26. HARRISON, Sam VIC
27. IVANIC, Fabian SA
28. JOLLY, Jackson TAS
29. TAN, Sue Yean VIC
30. TEICHART, Ian VIC
31. THORNLEY, Max VIC

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Girls under12

List of Players

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. SMITH, Kayleigh ACT 1075
2. GUO, Emma ACT 1060
3. EUSTACE, Sophie SA 948
4. ONG, Lara ACT 843
5. SETIABUDI, Megan ACT

Garvinator
16-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Mt Buller Minor
List of Players

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. KATNIC, Eddy NSW 1591
2. SIMMONDS, Rex NSW 1550
3. PARKER, Trent NSW 1367
4. SWEENEY, Matthew NSW 1324
5. CHIDDY, Lance NSW 932
6. KENMURE, Jamie VIC 909
7. CHIDDY, Rory NSW

Garvinator
21-12-2004, 11:29 PM
Reminder to all posters:

Much appreciated,

Garvin Gray

Garvinator
22-12-2004, 10:23 PM
Here is the close to final list of entrants for the Lidums Australian Open:

No Name Feder Loc

1. KENGIS, Edvins LAT 2543
2. JOHANSEN, Darryl K VIC 2485
3. D'AMORE, Carlo ITA 2448
4. SEDINA, Elena ITA 2431
5. SMERDON, David C VIC 2431
6. ALANDI, Ennio ITA 2429
7. BJELOBRK, Igor VIC 2392
8. HECHT, Hans- Joachim GER 2389
9. XIE, George NSW 2351
10. JORDAN, Bill VIC 2348
11. SAW, Geoffrey VIC 2278
13. REJ, Tomek NSW 2225
15. HUMPHREY, Jonathan QLD 2060
16. PECORI, Ascaro VIC 2046
17. WEI, Michael ACT 2043
18. MORTENSEN, Henrik DEN 2030
19. JACKSON, Ralph E SA 2015
20. SONG, Raymond NSW 1995
21. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
22. SONTER, Matthew QLD 1981
23. BONHAM, Kevin TAS 1980
24. DIZDAREVIC, Mehmedalija VIC 1971
25. CHAN, Jason NSW 1957
26. WONGWICHIT, Phachara QLD 1947
27. WALLIS, Christopher VIC 1944
28. OBST, James SA 1942
29. PYKE, Malcolm L VIC 1941
30. VOON, Richard VIC 1908
31. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
32. MENDES DA COSTA, Alex NSW 1877
33. HU, Jason NSW 1873
34. HOLT, Kenneth P VIC 1860
35. LUGO, Ruperto VIC 1845
36. VAN DER WAL, Fritz W NSW 1841
37. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
38. FROST, Peter VIC 1831
39. HARDEGEN, Andrew WA 1820
40. LIN, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
41. LILLY, Richard WA 1818
42. STOJIC, Svetozar VIC 1802
43. SILAS, Pranas AUS 1800
44. CHADWICK, Charles TAS 1797
45. TRUSCOTT, Tony J QLD 1783
46. SONG, Angela NSW 1771
47. TULEVSKI, Vasil G NSW 1771
48. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
49. LEA, Tom VIC 1765
50. ALKIN, John QLD 1762
51. MURRAY, Russell VIC 1755
52. NEUDEL, Bernd OS 1750
53. KARA, Barbaros VIC 1748
54. ALI, Mosaddeque ACT 1734
55. ZILESKI, George VIC 1702
56. VAN DIJK, Devrim VIC 1680
57. STARK, Ken QLD 1666
58. GHOBRIAL, Adel VIC 1659
59. OLIVER, Shannon ACT 1644
60. DAVIDSON, Nathan P QLD 1637
61. BUCIU, Aurel-John QLD 1633
62. ESCRIBANO, Jose NSW 1611
63. COOKE, Tristrom SA 1588
64. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
65. BECKMAN, John VIC 1576
66. ARKINS, Damien NSW 1435
67. YU, Derek VIC 1388
68. LAUGERY, Bernard A NSW 1377
69. BAXTER, Craig VIC 1338
70. NOUR, James VIC 1336
71. SCHON, Eugene VIC 1279
72. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rengan VIC 1239
73. WANG, Shuyu VIC 955
74. YU, Sally VIC 857
75. TIDOY, Dennis PHI

Garvinator
22-12-2004, 10:25 PM
Mt Buller Minor:

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. KATNIC, Eddy NSW 1591
2. TAYLOR, Stephan James VIC 1573
3. SIMMONDS, Rex NSW 1550
4. PARKER, Trent NSW 1367
5. SWEENEY, Matthew NSW 1324
6. WHITE, Corey QLD 1208
7. CHIDDY, Lance NSW 932
8. KENMURE, Jamie VIC 909
9. CHIDDY, Rory NSW

Garvinator
23-12-2004, 12:09 AM
Hospitality Textiles Australian Junior Open Championships

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. CHOW, Samuel VIC 2199
2. VISHNUVARDHAN, Arjun IND 2126
3. YU, Ronald NSW 2092
4. WEI, Michael ACT 2043
5. STOJIC, Dusan VIC 1984
6. WALLIS, Christopher VIC 1944
7. OBST, James SA 1942
8. OLIVER, Gareth ACT 1931
9. IKEDA, Junta ACT 1916
10. SUTTOR, Vincent NSW 1904
11. JAGER, Jesse VIC 1895
12. LY, Moulthun QLD 1881
13. HU, Jason NSW 1873
14. LUGO, Ruperto VIC 1845
15. KIMURA, Toshi QLD 1843
16. ILLINGWORTH, Max NSW 1839
17. LATTIMORE, Tor ACT 1829
18. LIN, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
19. LINDBERG, Douglas VIC 1807
20. WANG, Zhengbo WA 1798
21. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rukman VIC 1768
22. DONALDSON, Thomas WA 1755
23. STEVENS, Tristan SA 1753
24. HUANG, Justin NSW 1747
25. RICE, Edward VIC 1746
26. NEEMAN, Jeremy ACT 1730
27. TSE, Jeffrey NSW 1729
28. SREETHARAN, Kishore ACT 1716
29. VAN DIJK, Devrim VIC 1680
30. LEVIN, Joshua NSW 1677
31. ANDERSON, Daniel C QLD 1673
32. HOANG, Khoi ACT 1650
33. VISWANATH, Ganesh WA 1647
34. VAN HEERDEN, Daniel WA 1631
35. MUTHUSAMY, Reubban VIC 1627
36. TRAN, Christopher ACT 1596
37. HARRIS, Benjamin NSW 1588
38. WU, Edwin NSW 1584
39. GUO-YUTHOK, Sherab ACT 1578
40. BROWN, Andrew ACT 1521
41. MAGUIRE, Jesse ACT 1518
42. CHOONG, Yita WA 1501
43. HUMPHRIES, Ryan WA 1495
44. HENDRY, Thomas TAS 1478
45. MCGUIRK, Michael NSW 1475
46. KASPAR, Ric QLD 1450
47. KERKSAL, David VIC 1389
48. YU, Derek VIC 1388
49. UNG, Thomas ACT 1348
50. TANG, Jason VIC 1333
51. GLENTON, Alan VIC 1301
52. CHU, Louis NSW 1300
53. SCHON, Eugene VIC 1279
54. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Leif ACT 1228
55. SLACK-SMITH, Blair WA 1218
56. ZULFIC, Fedja SA 1211
57. TAYLOR, Paul WA 1178
58. LLOYD, Aidan ACT 1081
59. JOEL, Nathan VIC 1054
60. DALTON, Joshua VIC 1053
61. KENMURE, Jamie VIC 909
62. BARRETT, Daniel J (Somerset) QLD 828
63. KIMURA, Mikio QLD 732
64. JONES, Daniel VIC 633
65. REDPATH, Nicholas ACT 606
66. SETIABUDI, Allen ACT 567
67. UNG, Josephine ACT 464
68. BERGGREN, Markus SWE
69. BERGGREN, Jonaton SWE
70. BERGGREN, Patrik SWE
71. BOLESON-ROBINSON, Tristan
72. BRIANT, James
73. BROWN, Brody TAS
74. BROWNRIGG, Sam
75. DUNIAM-DOUGLAS, Ethan
76. DYER, Alistair TAS
77. GESUNDHEIT, Zac
78. GREGORIC, Isaiah SA
79. GRIFFITHS, Michael TAS
80. HORTON, Vincent
81. LAU, Aaron VIC
82. LETCHER, Toby VIC
83. LUCAS, Daniel VIC
84. MURDOCK, Themis
85. NG, Nicholas VIC
86. PARKER, Lloyd
87. PRIESTLY, George VIC
88. PRIESTLY, Tom VIC
89. SHANKER, Gauri IND
90. SITCH, William
91. SMITH, Charlie TAS

Garvinator
23-12-2004, 12:11 AM
Hospitality Textiles Australian Junior Girls Championships

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. REID, Vaness NSW 1671
2. HARRIS, Rebecca NSW 1612
3. JULE, Alexandra QLD 1562
4. HICKMAN, Casey VIC 1391
5. IKEDA, Miona ACT 1298
6. ELDRIDGE-SMITH, Veronique ACT 1266
7. KINDER, Jessica QLD 1209
8. OLIVER, Tamzin L ACT 1182
9. ROZENBLAT, Vanja VIC 1100
10. WANG, Shuyu VIC 955
11. YU, Sally VIC 857
12. SHENG, Susan VIC 815
13. CHIBNALL, Alana ACT 683
14. MCGUIRK, Savannah ACT 402
15. BRIANT, Megan TAS
16. KNAPP, Katrina

Garvinator
23-12-2004, 12:12 AM
Hospitality Textiles Australian Junior Under12 Open Division

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. MORRIS, James VIC 1534
2. XU, William NSW 1502
3. TANG, Jason VIC 1333
4. RUSSELL, Luthien QLD 1289
5. LEI, Yitao QLD 1288
6. CHOW, Justin ACT 1249
7. YUAN, Yi ACT 1241
8. DALTON, Samuel VIC 1239
9. VIJAYAKUMAR, Rengan VIC 1239
10. GRIGG-TONDELEIR, Samuel QLD 1220
11. SOMASKANTHAN, Aingaran VIC 1199
12. NGUYEN, Van ACT 1056
13. LUGO, Jerome VIC 993
14. BAKER, Brendan QLD 958
15. XING, Edward ACT 913
16. LEE, Leoma QLD 876
17. QIAN, Dennish VIC 854
18. MCCOOK, Jake ACT 845
19. BAINES, Casey ACT 842
20. MATHESON, Laurence VIC 824
21. JONES, Benjamin VIC 815
22. REDPATH, Michael ACT 805
23. FENG, Thomas VIC 798
24. JULE, Sebastian QLD 768
25. TSUI, Edison NSW 755
26. ANDERSON, Todd QLD 732
27. JONES, Craig ACT 432
28. XING, Benjamin ACT 349
29. CLARK, Tim ACT 255
30. QIN, Tomson VIC
31. DALTON, Micah VIC
32. BHATTACHARYA, Devraj VIC
33. BRIANT, James TAS
34. HARRISON, Nick VIC
35. HARRISON, Sam VIC
36. IVANIC, Fabian SA
37. JOLLY, Jackson TAS
38. TAN, Sue Yean VIC
39. TEICHART, Ian VIC
40. THORNLEY, Max VIC

Garvinator
23-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Hospitality Textiles Under 12 Girls Division:

No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. SMITH, Kayleigh ACT 1075
2. GUO, Emma ACT 1060
3. EUSTACE, Sophie SA 948
4. ONG, Lara ACT 843
5. MCGARITY, Molly QLD 782
6. KANAGARAJAH, Abbie QLD 323
7. SETIABUDI, Megan ACT

Garvinator
23-12-2004, 12:15 AM
Reminder to all posters:

Much appreciated,

Garvin Gray

AES
31-12-2004, 12:22 PM
Hi kids and parents going to Mt Buller,

Great news from Mt Buller! We have arranged for a sports hall to be available throughout the Australian Junior.

Where:
2nd floor of La Trobe University, next to the Mecure Grand Chalet

When:
11th-21st of January (throughout the Junior)

Sessions:
Morning = 9-12pm (for the Junior)
Afternoon = 4-7pm (for the Under 12 Junior)

Activities:
soccer, tennis, volleyball, basketball, touch footy, indoor cricket

extras:
rock climbing, abseiling

cost:
$20 must be paid before the 1st round of the tournament.
This price is for all 11 days.

We strongly encourage ALL juniors to take up this offer as there are limited opportunities for playing sport or other activities anywhere else at Mt Buller.

We have a person coming up especially to Mt Buller to help supervise.

For any queries, contact me by email saca@sachess.org or by phone on 0403844661.

Alex Saint
Aus Juniors social Committee

shaun
05-01-2005, 10:19 AM
The following details have not yet been completely confirmed but here is a draft format. The final copy will be provided at the venue.

If you have suggestions for DVDs and can bring some, that would be great too.

Cheers,

Alex Saint
Aus Juniors Social Committee

-----------------------------------------------------------
DVD SESSIONS

WHERE
Cattleman’s Restaurant, next to the Mecure Grand Chalet

SUGGESTED DVDs
Wednesday @ 6 pm : Indiana Jones I
Wednesday @ 8:30 pm : Blackadder
Friday @ 6 pm : Indiana Jones II
Friday @ 8:30 pm : Carl Barron comedy
Sunday @ 6 pm : Indian Jones III
Sunday @ 8:30 pm : Kath & Kim
Tuesday @ 6 pm : Return of the King Part A
Tuesday @ 8:30 pm : Seinfeld
Thursday @ 6 pm : Return of the King Part B
Thursday @ 8:30 pm : Seinfeld

COST
Buy a meal and watch a free DVD.

REQUIRED
Parental or organiser supervision at all times

CONTACT
Alex Saint-social co-ordinator

AES
08-01-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi all,

The Junior social committee will meet on the first 2 days of the juniors to discuss arrangements etc.

We should be able to hold it at the venue, on the basement floor.

Any suggestions for events or what to do, email me at alexander.saint@student.adelaide.edu.au

Cheers,

Alex Saint.

Garvinator
10-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Hello everyone,

I have sent the sp files to Karthick for the three junior tournaments that we are reasonably certain of regarding player participation. We are uncertain of eight under 12 females about which female tournament they wish to play in. This will be confirmed tomorrow.

So here are the three tournament list, double checked on sp by Charles and myself together:

Garvinator
10-01-2005, 09:27 PM
No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. Chow, Samuel VIC 2199
2. Yu, Ronald NSW 2092
3. Wei, Michael ACT 2043
4. Jovanovic, Peter ACT 2040
5. Stojic, Dusan VIC 1984
6. Wallis, Christopher VIC 1944
7. Obst, James SA 1942
8. Oliver, Gareth ACT 1931
9. Ikeda, Junta ACT 1916
10. Suttor, Vincent NSW 1904
11. Jager, Jesse VIC 1895
12. Ly, Moulthun QLD 1881
13. Hu, Jason NSW 1873
14. Lugo, Ruperto VIC 1845
15. Kimura, Toshi QLD 1843
16. Illingworth, Max NSW 1839
17. Lattimore, Tor ACT 1829
18. Lin, Zhigen Wilson VIC 1819
19. Lindberg, Douglas VIC 1807
20. Wang, Zhengbo WA 1798
21. Vijayakumar, Rukman VIC 1768
22. Donaldson, Thomas WA 1755
23. Stevens, Tristan SA 1753
24. Huang, Justin NSW 1747
25. Rice, Edward VIC 1746
26. Neeman, Jeremy ACT 1730
27. Tse, Jeffrey NSW 1729
28. Sreetharan, Kishore ACT 1716
29. Van Dijk, Devrim VIC 1680
30. Levin, Joshua NSW 1677
31. Anderson, Daniel C QLD 1673
32. Hoang, Khoi ACT 1650
33. Viswanath, Ganesh WA 1647
34. Van Heerden, Daniel WA 1631
35. Muthusamy, Reubban VIC 1627
36. Tran, Christopher ACT 1596
37. Harris, Benjamin NSW 1588
38. Wu, Edwin NSW 1584
39. Guo-Yuthok, Sherab ACT 1578
40. Brown, Andrew ACT 1521
41. Maguire, Jesse ACT 1518
42. Choong, Yita WA 1501
43. Humphries, Ryan WA 1495
44. McGuirk, Michael NSW 1475
45. Hendrey, Thomas TAS 1474
46. Parravicini, Matthew NSW 1469
47. Kaspar, Ric QLD 1450
48. Behne-Smith, David NSW 1420
49. Beltrami, Matthew ACT 1414
50. Kerksal, David VIC 1389
51. Yu, Derek VIC 1388
52. Bennett, Calvin VIC 1362
53. Ung, Thomas ACT 1348
54. Tang, Jason VIC 1333
55. Glenton, Alan VIC 1301
56. Chu, Louis NSW 1300
57. Eldridge-Smith, Leif ACT 1228
58. Slack-Smith, Blair WA 1218
59. Zulfic, Fedja SA 1212
60. Somaskanthan, Aingaran VIC 1199
61. Taylor, Paul WA 1178
62. Lloyd, Aidan ACT 1081
63. Joel, Nathan VIC 1054
64. Dalton, Joshua VIC 1053
65. Kenmure, Jamie VIC 909
66. Barrett, Daniel J (Somerset) QLD 828
67. Kimura, Mikio QLD 732
68. Jones, Daniel VIC 633
69. Redpath, Nicholas ACT 606
70. Setiabudi, Allen ACT 567
71. Berggren, Marcus OS
72. Berggren, Jonathon OS
73. Berggren, Patrik OS
74. Boleson-Robinson, Tristan VIC
75. Brown, Brody TAS
76. Dyer, Alistair TAS
77. Gregoric, Isahia SA
78. Griffiths, Michael TAS
79. Lau, Aaron VIC
80. Letcher, Toby VIC
81. Lucas, Daniel VIC
82. Ng, Nicholas VIC
83. Priestly, George VIC
84. Priestly, Tom VIC
85. Shanker, Gauri OS
86. Smith, Charlie TAS
87. Vishnuvardhan, Arjun OS

Garvinator
10-01-2005, 09:29 PM
No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. Reid, Vaness NSW 1671
2. Harris, Rebecca NSW 1612
3. Jule, Alexandra QLD 1562
4. Hickman, Casey VIC 1391
5. Ikeda, Miona ACT 1298
6. Russell, Luthien QLD 1289
7. Eldridge-Smith, Veronique ACT 1266
8. Ng, Deborah NSW 1230
9. Kinder, Jessica QLD 1209
10. Oliver, Tamzin L ACT 1182
11. Rozenblat, Vanja VIC 1100
12. Smith, Kayleigh ACT 1075
13. Wang, Shuyu VIC 955
14. Behne-Smith, Sarah NSW 953
15. Yu, Sally VIC 857
16. Sheng, Susan VIC 815
17. Chibnall, Alana ACT 683
18. Ung, Josephine ACT 464
19. McGuirk, Savannah ACT 402
20. Briant, Megan TAS

Garvinator
10-01-2005, 09:30 PM
No Name Feder Rtg Loc

1. Morris, James VIC 1534
2. Xu, William NSW 1502
3. Lei, Yitao QLD 1288
4. Schon, Eugene VIC 1279
5. Chow, Justin ACT 1249
6. Yuan, Yi ACT 1241
7. Dalton, Samuel VIC 1239
8. Vijayakumar, Rengan VIC 1239
9. Grigg, Sam QLD 1220
10. Nguyen, Van ACT 1056
11. Behne-Smith, Jonathan NSW 1002
12. Lugo, Jerome VIC 993
13. Baker, Brendan QLD 958
14. Xing, Edward ACT 913
15. Lee, Leoma QLD 876
16. Qian, Dennish VIC 855
17. McCook, Jake ACT 845
18. Baines, Casey ACT 842
19. Matheson, Laurence VIC 824
20. Jones, Benjamin VIC 815
21. Redpath, Michael ACT 805
22. Feng, Thomas VIC 798
23. Jule, Sebastian QLD 768
24. Tsui, Edison NSW 755
25. Anderson, Todd QLD 732
26. Balionis, Alexander VIC 598
27. Jones, Craig ACT 432
28. Xing, Benjamin ACT 349
29. Clark, Tim ACT 255
30. Bhattacharya, Devraj VIC
31. Briant, James TAS
32. Brownrig, Sam TAS
33. Christiansen, Jared VIC
34. Dalton, Micah VIC
35. Duniam-Douglas, Ethan TAS
36. Gesundheit, Zac VIC
37. Harrison, Nick NSW
38. Harrison, Sam NSW
39. Horton, Vincent TAS
40. Ivanic, Fabian SA
41. Jolly, Jackson TAS
42. Murdock, Themis TAS
43. Nowak, Francis VIC
44. Parker, Lloyd VIC
45. Pope, Oliver SA
46. Qin, Tomson VIC
47. Settle, Jon VIC
48. Sitch, William VIC
49. Stocky, Nick VIC
50. Tan, Sean VIC
51. Teichert, Ian VIC
52. Thornley, Max VIC
53. Wicks, Michael VIC
54. Young, Jack VIC

skip to my lou
10-01-2005, 11:17 PM
I'll have this up on the site tommorow morning.

Garvinator
17-01-2005, 06:37 PM
Hello everyone,

We have four days left.

18/1/05---- The top 4 boards of the under 12 open and all four boards of the under 12 girls will be playing on the 8 dgt boards starting at 9:30am approx.

The under 18 open will be on the 8 dgt boards starting at 2:30pm

19/1/05---- Rest day.

20/1/05----The top 4 boards of the under 12 open and all four boards of the under 12 girls will be playing on the 8 dgt boards starting at 9:30am approx.

The under 18 open will be on the 8 dgt boards starting at 2:30pm

21/1/05----The under 18 open will be on the 8 dgt boards starting at 9:30am

I will be sending sp files for todays play to Karthick in the next hour or so.

Karthick, if you choose, can you add this to the website so ppl know the transmission times

skip to my lou
04-02-2005, 09:30 PM
This forum is now closed. Any remaining discussion about Mt Buller may be done in Australian Chess forum.