PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Religion

ElevatorEscapee
17-04-2009, 11:32 PM
... well, a brief search and I couldn't find an already existing thread! If one already exists, I'll leave it to the mods to merge. :)
=============================================
BBC News Report:

"Force is Strong in Jedi Police"

BBC News Report (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/glasgow_and_west/8003067.stm)

According to the report, there are several law enforcement officers who follow the way of "the Force"... (this reminds me of some people who put "Jedi" as their religion on the last Australian Census).

One has to wonder if they are all just having a lark... ;)

So, how many people here would list "Jedi" as their relgion? :)

Rincewind
17-04-2009, 11:39 PM
So, how many people here would list "Jedi" as their relgion? :)

It's as good as any other. In fact better than some.

ElevatorEscapee
17-04-2009, 11:44 PM
Edit! I just realised that both myself (and the BBC) missed the opportunity of the headline "The Force strong in the Force!" :(

Rincewind
17-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Edit! I just realised that both myself (and the BBC) missed the opportunity of the headline "The Force strong in the Force!" :(

Given the involvement of UK police, we could just recall the episode of the Young Ones of the two policemen talking.

Policeman 1: I reckon I could have slept with her, if it wasn't for something I said. But we had a row and, uh... I said something about the Pope.

Policeman 2: That's a bit stupid, you know she's Catholic.

Policeman 1: Yeah, I know she's Catholic, but I didn't know the Pope was.

morebeer
18-04-2009, 07:30 PM
Considering creating my own religion based on the mystical qualities of the Eames moulded plastic "Eiffel" side chair.