Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Congrats AC on the win. I think your position was still better in the position where the blunder/incident occurred, though black may well have drawn it with best play.
    Thank you very much. I was determined to give it my best shot.

Ummm ... doesn't black win here?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Ummm ... doesn't black win here?
    Well Boris TRD did pull out every trick in the book and out of the book to try to win, but unfortunaely came unstuck by the following message I received:

Hmmm
    Just saw the shoutbox where TheRealDeal claimed his edit was only to add the comment about Petrosian and *not* to alter the move.

I was also looking at your game at the time, and not only was the move originally Rb3, but the comment about Petrosian was there too. I spent quite a while trying to work out why Rb3 was not just a blunder, so I am certain about what I saw.

Doesn't really matter in a fun game I guess, but...

Kasparov touch move scandal vs Judit Polgar all over again!
    (my bold)
    The point! A la Petrosian!

IM the Morris; IM TheRealDeal!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/C
    hvae you changed Rxc3 to Rxc4 you cant do that??????

TheRealDeal
    Embarassed Child

Posts: 107 Rxb3 loses a rook because the bishop is pinned.
    That is why I played Rxc4, otherwise Rxb3 would be strong.
    I'm assuming you're taking the rook

JM

You edited your post at 7.33pm whist I was watching???? I had alredy moved your piece to b3 on my board then came back to see move changed I think/sure???

Now Boris, I would not take my final moves after breaking of rules into consideration because as noted in moves I stated "subject to confirmation" and I already had the admin boys checking up for me and was confident that the truth would come out - so did not really try after that. Note how many moves I made that arvo relative to how spaced out my previous moves were.

When taking into consideraton the above posts and PMs received by me of a worse vein, a big whitewash, bluff con job was attempted on me and I consider a very dishonourable act. But that could be me talking through my hat - those messages may be as pure as the driven snow - and we all hope that they are!

I was putting up to 5 hours a move into this game, so was not exactly friendly as the private messager stated. Esp not for me as I played this character a few years ago in a friendly on this board, started the game without a board, while finding and setting up. Blundered a piece that I don't even remember being there, and being a freindly I expected we would just put it back and continue, even though I would not request this, but he claimed the game - so I was not impressd. Also this opponent tried to claim a forfeited win when I was barred for speaka lika dis, so obviously this game was taken very seriously and with no holds barred - well it was to top Kaitlin's Chess Ladder wasn't it. Big prizemoney and all that stuff.
    Last edited by antichrist; 11-07-2009 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    wow way to go ac...you...won
    Of course Mischa, I was always confident and felt ahead the whole game, after about 8 moves at least, from his first Queen move onwards. He never had his queen on a good square the whole game IMHO and got it out much too early and just wasted moves with it - the saying goes: get the queen out early and lost it early. Twice I was within one square of winning it. The game was pregnant with traps and he just happened to fall into one, it only had been sitting there about 4 weeks and I was getting impatient.

My own amateur accessment was I don't understand why he has so much firepower on the queen side when it could only be pentrated by sacrificing. And the knight also helped control the centre so I never considered he was ever in the game really. After his first queen bishop move he showed his intentions to fall into the trap that is why I left it there so long.

I made one weakish move with my king to g2.

I was playing by the saying: for every piece off the board the passed pawn becomes stronger.

Not a bad beginners' coach I was, esp considering I had my first rated game at pushing 50 years of age. Your boy's game reminded me of Smurf's game at Queenstown and GM Rogers game against G Lane when Ian lost.

OK thanks for explaining, I hadn't seen any of that occur.
    meep meep

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Also this opponent tried to claim a forfeited win when I was barred for speaka lika dis, so obviously this game was taken very seriously and with no holds barred - well it was to top Kaitlin's Chess Ladder wasn't it.
    He didn't try to claim a forfeit win explicitly, he just asked what happened in this situation as he was not sure.

The rest of AC's account is correct - TRD blundered by playing the wrong exchange sac then edited the move posted, then tried to cover it up. I was sceptical that this had actually happened but there was an edit stamp and a witness.

I know it is inconsequential, but his claim that he put his bishop on B5 deliberately I am sceptical of, if that was the case as he supposed planned he would not have blundered the next move. Remember move A, B & C was supposed to preordained. I think he panicked when I jumped for joy at the Bb5 move and blundered. A blunder under pressure so to speak. Just as he tried bravado after the take back.

Thread Information