Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Smoking

Quote Originally Posted by phil1ooo
    No by all means don't beleive me go do you own research as I have for the last 40 years.
    That is what these forums are for, pointing out your views and chating about them. I never asked anybody to beleive what I wrote as that is your choice.
    That's lucky as I doubt anyone will.
    My job I am and my last 3 generations are chefs, pastrychefs, bakers and food techonlogy which is all about discovering what ingredents are and what they do.
    I worked with chefs, pastry chefs, and bakers for about 4-5 years. Admittedly not 40 years but I can't recall any of them referring to themselves as a "food technology worker".
    That is quite a droad minded answer considering you only base your answer on judging me rather that what i said just for the sake of sound right.
    That's quite a peculiar assumption on your part.
    every alcoholic agency around and has been mentioned on the news thousands of time including many other adverting media places. Guess you don't get out much.Cheers
    Well, first definition I found doing a google search was from here
    "Alcoholism is a primary illness or disorder characterised by some loss of control over drinking, with habituation or addiction to the drug alcohol, causing interference in any major life function, e.g. health, family, job, spiritual, friends,legal."

Somehow I doubt a glass of wine or beer a day falls into that category.
    meep meep

CC International Master
    Can we please get a troll that can spell?
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

CC Rookie
    Food techology in done in labs and not kitchens are which is what you are refering to have worked in. Sorry you feel that this is not an important feild but it is who diegnosies ingredients and what affects they may or may not have. just to help you out here is a link which will tell you what a food techologyperson does.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_technology

Cheers

Food techology in done in labs and not kitchens are which is what you are refering to have worked in. Sorry you feel that this is not an important feild but it is who diegnosies ingredients and what affects they may or may not have. just to help you out here is a link which will tell you what a food techologyperson does.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Food_technology

Cheers
    Yet not one reference on that page to "chef", "baker" or "pastry chef". Maybe you should read it yourself.
    meep meep

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    If Kids under 14 are smoking and parents are not doing anything to make them quit they should be made legally liable for this. Parents' negligence is at large the main reason for teenage, alcohol, smoking, and drug abuse.
    This is quite hard to impliment considering Australian laws prevent you from forcing your kids from doing anything that doesn't constitute an illegal act.

Once kids turn 12 they are protected by law and have the same equal say you have in a court and the kids know it because they learn this at school.

While your tring to teach your kids that they should listen to you and or they will be punished, grounded, or what ever else, They learn at school that a parent has no right to punish them and that they should be able to decide what they do for themselves, Yet as soon as they play up the parent gets the blame.

The problem is with Australian Laws is they protect side with the kids over any parent, thus docs is well know for doing just that, All any child has to do is tell there school they are mistreated or have problems with their parents and bang you have docs on your doorstep and there is no telling them that it is not true either as you will be looked upon as being an unfitworthy parent even if what the child says is a lie.

I have a 15 year old daughter who started smoking drugs and going out and sleeping with bikies twice plus her age, I tried everything to help and stop her both the police and docs told me that due to Australian laws they can do nothing to stop her ever though she was sleeping with these guys, All she had to do was say she was there housekeeper and bang I had no say what so ever.

I lost my daughter due to that and why because I treid to protect her.

So how will suing parents stop kids from smoking as they will keep doing it.
    The problem is not with most parents but with the way the law perseives parents and their rights with their own kids.

I wouldn't be surprised if the government brings out the fact that you will need a licence to have kids one day.

Cheers
    Last edited by phil1ooo; 23-12-2009 at 03:48 PM.

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Yet not one reference on that page to "chef", "baker" or "pastry chef". Maybe you should read it yourself.
    How do you ever get on in a day I wouder.

As stated earlier I am quaified in all those feilds. Are You?

How do you ever get on in a day I wouder.

As stated earlier I am quaified in all those feilds. Are You?
    Good point. Maybe if I had your cooking experience I would understand more about how awesome smoking is for teenagers.
    meep meep

CC Rookie
    Good point. Maybe if I had your cooking experience I would understand more about how awesome smoking is for teenagers.
    Never once did I say it was good or awesome. so that is quite a false statement you are making and I feel just for the sake of (what ever your reason is).

If you read back I did ay the smoking was a good thing to start doing at any age, being a teenager has nothing to do with it.

I also said that and based upon the orginal post that I didn't beleive smoking was the case of all the iusses that was stated. I also said that if you do smoke you are more like to be sicker when you acually stop than what you would be if you keeped smoking.

But I did stress that if you wher strong willed enough to not start smoke at all that you would be better and healthier.

Smoking will harm you but I do beleive it is not going to kill you to the point that they try to have us beleive it will.

You will probably find that whether a parent smokes or not has no barring as to whether a child smokes as they will decide for themselves depending on peer presure around school friends and nothing to do with parents smoking.

As a parent you can teach your child all the right things in the wolrd you want, but as soon as they leave school I can stack my life that when their mates at school try to incourage them to smoke, their parents will be that last thing on there mind and they will do it behind you back if they have to.

That is the reality of it.

cheers

Never once did I say it was good or awesome. so that is quite a false statement you are making and I feel just for the sake of (what ever your reason is).
    You said that smokers tend to out-live non-smokers and tend to be less ill. That would appear to me to be a good thing.

If you read back I did ay the smoking was a good thing to start doing at any age, being a teenager has nothing to do with it.
    Yet you struck up your tirade in the Teen Forum under the topic Teenage Smoking. As mentioned by the opening poster in this thread, there are other threads available regarding smoking in this forum. You chose this one.

I also said that and based upon the orginal post that I didn't beleive smoking was the case of all the iusses that was stated. I also said that if you do smoke you are more like to be sicker when you acually stop than what you would be if you keeped smoking.
    Which is complete nonsense.

Smoking will harm you but I do beleive it is not going to kill you to the point that they try to have us beleive it will.
    So, a less serious case of death, then.

You will probably find that whether a parent smokes or not has no barring as to whether a child smokes as they will decide for themselves depending on peer presure around school friends and nothing to do with parents smoking.
    Complete nonsense. The opening poster linked to stats, if you want to dispute these stats provide some of your own.

As a parent you can teach your child all the right things in the wolrd you want, but as soon as they leave school I can stack my life that when their mates at school try to incourage them to smoke, their parents will be that last thing on there mind and they will do it behind you back if they have to.
    If after they leave school they are still hanging out with people at school I suggest they either find some friends their own age or stop bugging the repeaters; they probably need to study.
    meep meep

CC Rookie
    You said that smokers tend to out-live non-smokers and tend to be less ill. That would appear to me to be a good thing.

Yet you struck up your tirade in the Teen Forum under the topic Teenage Smoking. As mentioned by the opening poster in this thread, there are other threads available regarding smoking in this forum. You chose this one.

Which is complete nonsense.

So, a less serious case of death, then.

Complete nonsense. The opening poster linked to stats, if you want to dispute these stats provide some of your own.

If after they leave school they are still hanging out with people at school I suggest they either find some friends their own age or stop bugging the repeaters; they probably need to study.
    It is quite clear that you just have no idea of what you are saying and are not joining in the converstaion but just creating a post of annoyence silly remrks.

As a result I will not be answering your post in recards to mine anymore.

As for my trade it was only mentioned as a why of explianing how I come to beleive what I do and not out for dispute.

As for your links well since much of what I said here comes froms stats and media coverage constently world wide it might be good for you to do some research as these are as I stated stats from past years compared to those of todays. BUT I will take your comment notice an when I come across links I will for your benifit post them on here for you so that maybe you might just learn that there is more to life than to waste people's times with your silly remarks that actually mean nothing and don't contribute to the matter at hand.

cheers

toodle-ooo then
    meep meep

before you go, just for ol' time's sake...

It is quite clear that you just have no idea of what you are saying and are not joining in the converstaion but just creating a post of annoyence silly remrks.
    Being corrected might strike you as annoying, but you might try following your own advice and try actually learning something. Did you end up finding a defintion of "alcoholic" that is remotely similar to what you thought it meant?

As a result I will not be answering your post in recards to mine anymore.
    Oh dear, a troll threatening to not post. We'll see how long that lasts.

As for my trade it was only mentioned as a why of explianing how I come to beleive what I do and not out for dispute.
    I said "tirade". Want me to google a definition for you?

As for your links well since much of what I said here comes froms stats and media coverage constently world wide
    Well then you should have no problem finding some supporting sources then, should you.
    it might be good for you to do some research as these are as I stated stats from past years compared to those of todays. BUT I will take your comment notice an when I come across links I will for your benifit post them on here for you so that maybe you might just learn that there is more to life than to waste people's times with your silly remarks that actually mean nothing and don't contribute to the matter at hand.
    On the one hand you want to say only the latest information is relevant and on the other you want to point to stuff you supposedly did 40 years ago. So which is it?
    meep meep

M8 if had the money I would, this isn't based on 1 family but about life time proven stats that excist which where printed by the very same people/siencest that tell us differenly now.
    Your punishing analysis is desperately required by the tobacco manufacturers. You are a plank.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    That is what these forums are for, pointing out your views and chating[sic] about them.
    This one's actually for discussion of chess, and for discussion of any subject by posters who are interested in chess or in some way connected to it. Given that your opening contributions have been 10 posts to a single issue non-chess thread without any sign of interest in the game, perhaps you could more usefully enlighten us on such issues as whether smoking should be banned from tournament halls, whether Nimzowitsch had anything to worry about when he complained that his opponent was "threatening to smoke", and whether Botvinnik's pre-match training method of having his practice opponents blow smoke in his face was effective.

all the oldest living or lived people in the world where all smokers,
    5 seconds of research suggests that this is not the case:

Approximately half (42%) of the supercentenarians had a history of smoking; however, of those participants who did smoke, most began later in life and tended to smoke < 20 cigarettes per day and/or quit by their 70s (data not shown). Only one third of the supercentenarians had a history of regular alcohol consumption, and they tended to be social drinkers who drank moderately (data not shown). Five of 12 supercentenarians (42%) never drank alcohol or smoked during their lifetimes.
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Thread Information