View Poll Results: Which internet browser do you prefer?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internet Explorer Browser

7 17.50%
  • Mozilla Firefox

22 55.00%
  • Google Chrome

9 22.50%
  • Other

2 5.00%
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    I'm now running Firefox 3.1 Beta. She is quick!

CC Candidate Master
    I use Chrome on my Windows PC, while Firefox on the Linux machine since there isn't a Linux version of Chrome yet.

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray
    I'm now running Firefox 3.1 Beta. She is quick!
    Yeah, and less dodgy (error, needs to close) than IE.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlue
    Yeah, and less dodgy (error, needs to close) than IE.
    Less everything than IE

IE being the browser that was bundled free with Windoze which snipped Netscape.

Hello. Any of you planks actually home and have the benefit of having the lights on? Do I have to do the thinking for every blinking one of you?

Morans*! The lot of you
    *Copyright Boris
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Morans*! The lot of you
    *Copyright Boris
    I assume that this is a reference to Col. Sebastian Moran (chief offsider of Prof. Moriarty) who, as you will recall, had a potshot at a wax bust of Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure of the Empty House". (I am indebted to Dr John H Watson MD for this information.)

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    I assume that this is a reference to Col. Sebastian Moran (chief offsider of Prof. Moriarty) who, as you will recall, had a potshot at a wax bust of Sherlock Holmes in "The Adventure of the Empty House". (I am indebted to Dr John H Watson MD for this information.)

DJ
    Alas no, not a reference - and indeed I am left entirely wanting. Mine was a much simpler and cruder reference to a funny that Boris put up in one of the (many) Tool debunking threads (Tool's own deplorable grammar and spelling IIRC).
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Another Mozilla fan

Quote Originally Posted by littlesprout85
    lol,

Sprouty took the advice meh got from the crew on this thread, Went with FireFox-Mozilla-

Meh will neva turn back to IE - the speed factor is way better than the standard quo. Thanks Everyone for the Help in here

FIREFOX MAKES SPROUTY RAWR !!!!!

-Sprout85
    Also, I have found Mozilla Firefox to be much more reliable than IE. For some reason my IE often "breaks". Now I hardly ever use it.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Firefox again

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    IE is by far the slowest according to that. Oops, that's what I use. I've tried Firefox a couple of times but didn't like it, and Chrome seems still a bit beta-ish.
    What didn't you like about Firefox, Jono? It sings! Try latest download.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray
    I'm like Denis - one browser is nowhere near enough. Running on my desktop are Firefox, Opera, SeaMonkey, Safari, Chrome and IE6 (I refuse to update). As a webmaster of sorts, I check my product on all of them. Otherwise Firefox is my standard, while I use Opera set up with Chesschat as the home page. IE is only for Windows updates, which MS ensures don't work with others.
    Yes I too have many browsers: Mozilla, Flock (Netscape update), Safari and IE. And yes I have to use IE for MS Windows updates too. Not much else.
    Last edited by Adamski; 18-03-2009 at 10:50 PM.

This was the one Gunner refers to...

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    I wonder what Safari looks like on a PC *shudders*
    Bill, can you assist with a fair assessment?
    Bill may or may not be able to but I can. The version that I used looked very much like the Mac version but with the standard(ish) window manipulation widgets at the top right and the menu bar contained within the appliation window. That is, of course, one of my major gripes with Windows. The amount of screen real estate regained is negligible and it essentially breaks Fitts's Law.

It was also crash-prone and buggy.

I use Safari almost exclusively on the Mac as Firefox, although its looks have improved, remains as slow as a wet week on that platform.

CC Candidate Master
    I use safari every now and then. It is pretty darn good

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Also, I have found Mozilla Firefox to be much more reliable than IE. For some reason my IE often "breaks". Now I hardly ever use it.
    I've just sacked IE; one bloody crash too many. I'll probably have to use it for certain updates though. My wife and a number of my colleagues like Firefox 3, but I'm trying Chrome (e.g. right now).

Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 16-04-2009 at 09:46 PM.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Thread Information