Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Underpants
    For the third time (geez you're a waste of bandwidth) ... forget they and should have.

What would you have done? A or B?
    a) Change name to avoid connotations
    b) Not changed name and defended the turf

A stitch in time saves nine - as KB can give Off topic analogies so can I!

Look at all the suffering that UN resolution to create state of Israel has caused, there is no answer to that problem, well same with abuse of minorities or people who are different, there is no proper answer so just dont do it.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

almost every day I take on old rednecks here who are rude to other people, who happen to be very decent people in every way - the decent people should not have to do anything - is that so difficult to grasp
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

From the post #61 above, it's clear you won't commit to either. That probably has something to do with your having argued for for both A and B in your clueless flailing in this debate.

You also have answered whether it's aceptable to mimic non-white accents.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    almost every day I take on old rednecks here who are rude to other people, who happen to be very decent people in every way - the decent people should not have to do anything - is that so difficult to grasp
    It's very easy to grasp — you're making a commentary, but it doesn't address what you would do. Just pick A or B else we might think you're talking in riddles and obfuscation!
    Last edited by Basil; 01-01-2012 at 09:54 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

From the post #61 above, it's clear you won't commit to either. That probably has something to do with your having argued for for both A and B in your clueless flailing in this debate.

You also have answered whether it's aceptable to mimic non-white accents.
    do victims of the Holocaust get told they have to do A or B? Cant they say that there should not be racism or Holocaust

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    as KB can give Off topic analogies so can I!
    Stop being silly. This thread clearly has no topic so nothing is off-topic on it.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Originally Posted by Captain Underpants

Playing God again Peter? So your God-list to date is:
    A- spending other people's money
    B - euthanasing some people with a disability who can't be supported privately
    - disallowing/ critisizing some people the right to refer to themselves

AC
    isn't there a contradiction in A and B. If I was for B just due to economic issues that problem is solved by agreeable to A. The economic side to euthanasia and mercy killing is only a periferal issue. And what happens in extreme circumstances as we now witness due to GFC

do victims of the Holocaust get told they have to do A or B? Cant they say that there should not be racism or Holocaust
    Yes of course they have the option to say that.

But you have taken this further and I am interested in expoloring yor banana skin - at least for a few more minutes of my life. You took this further (albeit incoherently) than merely observing an injustice. In post #46 you said:

Well gee they are over sensitive, who cant take a word in it's intended context. They should be forced to accept it just as other minorities should cop being called names they dont like.
    But you have also said in post #53
    He wasn't going to let other different condescending pr.cks define him
    So which is it, Mr Opinion? A or B? Or do you slide stupidly into the abyss of obfuscating dribble?
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

shocking names could be invented and applied for every type of medical conidtion or minority, why should society have to go through such aggro cause stupid rednecks cant control their tongue - as Cathy Freeman told a redneck - they should shut up

Playing God again Peter? So your God-list to date is:
    A- spending other people's money
    B - euthanasing some people with a disability who can't be supported privately
    C - disallowing/ critisizing some people the right to refer to themselves

isn't there a contradiction in A and B. If I was for B just due to economic issues that problem is solved by agreeable to A. The economic side to euthanasia and mercy killing is only a periferal issue.
    More questions and no answers froom you. There is no contradiction as it well known that you have averred both A and B — so if there is a contradiction, have that discussion with yourself

However, there is no contradiction. Where A and B do conflict, you as the proponent, simply elect which proposition prevails. And indeed it known that you support B over A.

*It should be noted that antichrist has introduced A, B and C notation here in respect of God's list, not to be confused with A or B being the concurrent question of what he believed The Spastic Centre asshould have done regardin the name change which he refuses to answer.
    Last edited by Basil; 01-01-2012 at 10:13 PM.

Originally Posted by antichrist

Well gee they are over sensitive, who cant take a word in it's intended context. They should be forced to accept it just as other minorities should cop being called names they dont like.

(then quoted by Gunnar Duggan)

AC
    this was said in the context of showing the ridiculousness of the situation, so there is no inconsistency between this and your following passage of mine you quoted

this was said in the context of showing the ridiculousness of the situation
    So you have an opinion. As I've asked about 5 times and you continue to speak in analogy, sarcasm and parallels, I'm going to assume on the weight of evidence that you believe the Spastic Centre not have changed its name.

About spending other people money - it is only money.

During the Vietnam war and conscription the Libs (your mates) were spending other people (working people's) lives (and money), coz the Libs children having more opportunity to attend university (due to expensive in those days) could delay and avoid actual conflict for years.

But about spending other people's money that is not a broad sweep
    Last edited by antichrist; 01-01-2012 at 10:28 PM.

* leaving to do something worthwhile now.

Any time you wish to rejoin the discussion regarding cringers disavowing names that the two parties accept (and not flog yourself senseless in the process), please feel very welcome.

* leaving to do something worthwhile now.

Any time you wish to rejoin the discussion regarding cringers disavowing names that the two parties accept (and not flog yourself senseless in the process), please feel very welcome.
    I could provide a very effective counter to this but dont like to be insensitive coz I know better

I could provide a very effective counter to this
    I doubt it

but dont like to be insensitive
    I doubt it

coz I know better
    I doubt it

Thread Information