Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JaK
    try posting paragraph by paragraph and locate the troublesome word by trial and error!
    But who wants to do that? Easier just not to bother in the first place. And a user should NEVER see a message like this:
    'You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.'

Quote Originally Posted by kibitzer
    But who wants to do that? Easier just not to bother in the first place. And a user should NEVER see a message like this:
    'You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.'
    I know, I had that feeling of nauseous incompleteness when it happened to me the first time. And boy, did I have to go through a humangous chunk of text line by line!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    It's quite a nuisance but those of us who have posted a lot will be aware that it occurs quite uncommonly. I reckon I get it less than once every 500 posts, but more than 1 in 1000.

It is better than having the forum hacked.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    It's quite a nuisance but those of us who have posted a lot will be aware that it occurs quite uncommonly. I reckon I get it less than once every 500 posts, but more than 1 in 1000.

It is better than having the forum hacked.
    Have you ever complained to the software authors. I don't know about commercial operators, but free software folk (and I'm thinking of a fre Content Management packages) would be quite eager to fix it.

You might need to capture the failing posts, and they should help you with that too.
    John Summerfield

Quote Originally Posted by Santa
    Have you ever complained to the software authors.
    Any updates of this site are up to the site owner and need to be considered carefully because they can stop our game viewer working. We're really not too fussed about this issue popping up from time to time - irritating as it is - if it makes the site more difficult to hack.

CC International Master
    I just had a 'forbidden' error with the following phrase:

of the coverage from a previous SOS survey.

The first word is 'update' but that leads to the forbidden error.
    Grandmaster, FIDE Trainer, 2018-19 Australian Champion

Do you love your chess as much as I do?

What is your chess dream?

Are you willing to do what it takes?

Everyone who is an expert at something now...learned from another expert.

Share your chess journey with me illingworthchess@gmail.com and Ill give you my 7-Page Basic Chess Training Plan, to direct your chess training and improvement.

Note that this problem also sometimes comes up if you search for a term that contains an apostrophe and then try to click on threads brought up by the search function.

Yes. I got that problem with "Peter Stuart's". I have asked for the apostrophe to be removed then all should be hunky dorey.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Max Illingworth
    I just had a 'forbidden' error with the following phrase:

of the coverage from a previous SOS survey.

The first word is 'update' but that leads to the forbidden error.
    Aha! I have to remove the word "update" from my failing post!

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

I've put the apostrophe back in the title - let me know if any more problems. As far as I know the apostrophe in titles is only an issue through the search function, not when accessing threads by other means.

I've put the apostrophe back in the title - let me know if any more problems. As far as I know the apostrophe in titles is only an issue through the search function, not when accessing threads by other means.
    Thanks, Kevin. I got there in the end!

CC International Master
    I had this frustrating problem last week trying to post the following sentence as part of a much longer post:

B2: Gary allowed his opponent to create a protected passed pawn deep in his territory and, fromthere on, he was fighting for a draw.

If you put a space between the "from" and "there" the 'Don't have permission to post' error occurs. Obviously, without the space there is no problem.

The word "create" is frequently involved in this problem.

The word "create" is frequently involved in this problem.
    a metaphysical victory for the evolutionists???
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

I couldn't write Grant Szuveges' first name in a post today because of this bug. Thanks to Garrett for pointing out:

"GRANT" is a keyword used in databases to grant privileges to users."

I don't think anyone else has had problems with this one before!

Thread Information