Thread: a proposal

a proposal

Hi Kev
    Another statistical challenge that I think could make us all try to contribute toward, could be the Forum members' output in every rating period.
    For example, we can work out the average of gain/loss of those members who played a rateable amount of games throughout the rating period and compare it with the previous one.
    On the individual basis the player - member who contributed more points would receive a star or something like that, whilst the person who absolutely stuffed up and contributed the biggest negative score would receive something like a wooden spoon award.
    In both cases, relevant smileys (Howie can find really good ones) can be added in front of the person's ID or signature.
    I think something like that would add to our efforts to play better chess.
    Now, I don't know if this proposal is posted in the right thread here, or should I post it in the Ratings Arena thread?

PS To make it even more interesting we can have awards for the best five and boowards for the worst five!
    Last edited by ER; 07-02-2009 at 03:37 AM.
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Thread Information