Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 121 to 128 of 128
  1. #121
    CC Candidate Master Nicholas D-C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    238
    The forfeit time should be about 15 minutes, to make it fairer than 0 minutes.
    "I give 98 percent of my mental energy to chess. Others give only 2 percent." -- Bobby Fischer

  2. #122
    CC Grandmaster Denis_Jessop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    3,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas D-C
    The forfeit time should be about 15 minutes, to make it fairer than 0 minutes.
    The ACF prefers 30 minutes and has decided that that will apply to ACF events, including GP events, but in the latter, only after 31 December 2009, remaining at 1 hour 'til then.
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

  3. #123
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    The ACF prefers 30 minutes and has decided that that will apply to ACF events, including GP events, but in the latter, only after 31 December 2009, remaining at 1 hour 'til then.
    Is 30 minutes going to be a requirement for events to qualify for the GP?
    meep meep

  4. #124
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Is 30 minutes going to be a requirement for events to qualify for the GP?
    For the 2010 ACF GP the forfeit time will be 30 minutes.
    It is a condition of entry into the 2010 ACF GP just like playing at a normal rather than rapid time control is a requirement.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  5. #125
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    For the 2010 ACF GP the forfeit time will be 30 minutes.
    It is a condition of entry into the 2010 ACF GP just like playing at a normal rather than rapid time control is a requirement.
    Well I would have thought it up to the tourmanent organisers to decide what the forfeit time for their event would be.

    If the ACF wanted to make all tournaments uniform it would make more sense to make it a requirement for tournaments that are to be ACF rated to comply rather than for just GP events.
    meep meep

  6. #126
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Well I would have thought it up to the tourmanent organisers to decide what the forfeit time for their event would be.
    It is except for ACF and ACF related events where the ACF decided we wanted consistency. Events in the ACF GP are considered ACF related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    If the ACF wanted to make all tournaments uniform it would make more sense to make it a requirement for tournaments that are to be ACF rated to comply rather than for just GP events.
    For club events it is best to leave them up to the individual clubs.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

  7. #127
    CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    2,050
    ^^

    Thanks Bill... does this mean we can retain the 1 hour show up late before you forfeit rule in our local Club Championship? (Starting July 2009) without feeling guilty that we are somehow disobeying one of FIDE's directives?
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

  8. #128
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    16,544
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee
    ^^

    Thanks Bill... does this mean we can retain the 1 hour show up late before you forfeit rule in our local Club Championship? (Starting July 2009) without feeling guilty that we are somehow disobeying one of FIDE's directives?
    Correct, however you need to ensure you announce it so that everyone is aware of it.

    From the 1st July 2009 I recommend the following general wording:

    "Any player who arrives at the chessboard more than xx minutes after the start of the session shall lose the game unless the arbiter decides otherwise."

    where xx is the forfeit time your club decides to use.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. My Chess Reading Schedule, please critique
    By KentDMc in forum Chess Training
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 06:07 PM
  2. Stinginess of Chess Players
    By Paul S in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 24-04-2008, 09:48 PM
  3. 2006 Australian Internet Junior Chess Championships Discussion
    By AES in forum 2006 Australian Internet Junior Championships
    Replies: 240
    Last Post: 18-12-2007, 11:28 PM
  4. Junior performance and training
    By auriga in forum General Chess Chat
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 20-12-2004, 09:34 PM
  5. chess magazines
    By chesslover in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 23-04-2004, 11:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •