Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
  1. #16
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    where I am not
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    SWINE FLU! Are we all going to die or is it just another avian flu media fright with nothing to back it up?

    I personally think it's just another scare to keep people on their toes.
    it's a real flu nut not to be worried about, it be slowing down and people will have a cure soon

  2. #17
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    SWINE FLU! Are we all going to die or is it just another avian flu media fright with nothing to back it up?

    I personally think it's just another scare to keep people on their toes.
    like a fire drill ?

  3. #18
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    it's a real flu nut not to be worried about, it be slowing down and people will have a cure soon
    Who do you think will produce the vaccine ?
    I've heard the Baxter company heads the list.

  4. #19
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    I am of the opinion that it's just a sensationalized media story. Sells more newspapers.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  5. #20
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    I am of the opinion that it's just a sensationalized media story. Sells more newspapers.
    Do you think there is a problem when the aim is to sell papers rather than accurately inform ?

  6. #21
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by kjenhager
    Do you think there is a problem when the aim is to sell papers rather than accurately inform ?
    Of course... but that's what the media's been doing for years, and we seem to have been getting along fine
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  7. #22
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    where I am not
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Of course... but that's what the media's been doing for years, and we seem to have been getting along fine
    damn it she be right, the media jumps at every chance of a story and nobody notices

  8. #23
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Of course... but that's what the media's been doing for years, and we seem to have been getting along fine
    you mean, blissfully ignorant ?

  9. #24
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    damn it she be right, the media jumps at every chance of a story and nobody notices
    The death throes of the old media you think ?

  10. #25
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by kjenhager
    you mean, blissfully ignorant ?
    Ignorance is bliss.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  11. #26
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    News is incredibly unbelievably corrupted and says crap about a celebrities diet and botox and yabbas.... It useless and noone wants to know about that!
    IMABACK

  12. #27
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Ignorance is bliss.
    Can you think of a time in history when that approach proved dangerous ?

  13. #28
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    where I am not
    Posts
    439
    Quote Originally Posted by kjenhager
    Can you think of a time in history when that approach proved dangerous ?
    it was when bliss became total ignorance

  14. #29
    Banned Hydra
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    159
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMann
    News is incredibly unbelievably corrupted and says crap about a celebrities diet and botox and yabbas.... It useless and noone wants to know about that!
    Tell him that ! http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...rdoch-internet

  15. #30
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by kjenhager
    Can you think of a time in history when that approach proved dangerous ?
    Of course. The one that immediately springs to mind is the Trojan horse....
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2177
    Last Post: 30-03-2019, 06:54 PM
  2. Charles Robert Darwin 1809-1882
    By antichrist in forum Religion and Science
    Replies: 150
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2006, 11:34 PM
  4. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 28-01-2005, 08:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •