Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar

Discussing the News from the young ones point of view

Discuss about the new headlines and what is happening to the world.
    What i dont get is that everyday when you turn on the news, they always talk about non sense!! They are like a guy died of a heart attack. a man was brutally bashed. i mean! seriously, is it really worth all the troublr to edit it and air a story that happens everyday in the world??
    IMABACK

CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    They don't talk about heart attack stories unless it was someone important or famous.

If someone's been bashed, they air it to raise awareness that it happened and to possible try to find the attackers.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

CC Candidate Master
    they have so many news stories that are completely useless and pointless. soon they are gonna say....and the cat was rescued from the horror of being stuck in the tree

Just saw that some animals in a zoo got treats... That's not News!!
    IMABACK

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    They don't talk about heart attack stories unless it was someone important or famous.

If someone's been bashed, they air it to raise awareness that it happened and to possible try to find the attackers.
    Umm... They said they already caught the attacker.. cause he was drunk...
    IMABACK

CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMann
    Umm... They said they already caught the attacker.. cause he was drunk...
    We wern't talking about a particular news story in particular.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

what?
    never say never
    (even when the position is hopeless)

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar

Cool

Could they be waking up to brainwashing.... no they are just dribbling
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    Could they be waking up to brainwashing.... no they are just dribbling
    she almost thwarted my plans of world domination

CC International Master
    This thread has alot of potential Demann we just need issues to discuss.

I would like to bring to the table the death by shooting of a 15yo boy in melbourne. Shot dead by police google the case for more info on it as it is an extremely interesting discussion topic.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

The Man in the Back that Caesar guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    This thread has alot of potential Demann we just need issues to discuss.

I would like to bring to the table the death by shooting of a 15yo boy in melbourne. Shot dead by police google the case for more info on it as it is an extremely interesting discussion topic.
    The 15yo boy was shot because he was in possesion of multiple knives, and was threatening to kill the police. He also began throwing knives at them (3 in total, one narrowly missing an officer) and they decided to make the call to shoot him.
    Police didn't shoot to wound because, by the law, when you pull your gun, you have to shoot to killAnd, if one officer pulls his gun, other police at present have to do the same thing - shoot.
    They couldn't just walk away, as the boy was obviously not in his right mind. But they couldn't immobolise him, as they didn't have tasers, or batons, etc.
    He was also going to threaten civilians near-by. So they shot him.

The werid thing is, this certain individual was not under the influence of alcohol, or drugs. And no history of insanity had been reported about him
    Very strange

To my knowledge, these are the facts. Yes, very interesting, and you must feel sorry for the police, the family of the child and of course, the boy.

JM

CC International Master
    Legal dosen't mean shit when it comes to a kids life. He was tear gassed twice but still continued if it was four of them versus one of him the use of binlids or any weapon that wouldn't kill him.

The reason I believe that they didn't shoot at legs is the fact that a miss could very well harm someone else. The police are having a hard time and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them ate a bullet themselves but as far as a police operation goes that was a complete #$%* up that kid shouldn't be dead.

On the bright side it'll probably be used to get tazers for every police man.

The Man in the Back that Caesar guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    Legal dosen't mean shit when it comes to a kids life. He was tear gassed twice but still continued if it was four of them versus one of him the use of binlids or any weapon that wouldn't kill him.

The reason I believe that they didn't shoot at legs is the fact that a miss could very well harm someone else. The police are having a hard time and I wouldn't be surprised if a few of them ate a bullet themselves but as far as a police operation goes that was a complete #$%* up that kid shouldn't be dead.

On the bright side it'll probably be used to get tazers for every police man.
    I agree, but, they can't just hit him with binlids. Besides, with they kid throwing knives around like tennis balls, he's probably going to kill someone else if they don't stop him. And I know it's horrible that this ever happened, but the only option they had was to shoot, as he was also pulling out a forth and fifth knife. They only shoot if it is the only option. Police also don't carry binlids as a standard assault weapon, and would need to find something, which might take too long.

It would be a shit decision to make in their position, but, despite everything, they did use their only option.

JM
    'And the man in the back said "Everyone attack!", and it turned into a ballroom blitz. And the girl in the corner said "Boy I wanna warn ya, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz." Brian Connolly

CC International Master
    "The only option they had was to shoot" I would personally with three other people charge down a twice maced knife wielding 15yo without second thought.

In all the reports I have read he only had two eight inch butchers knives stolen from Kmart and none were thrown (can't be sure I'll get the report from somewhere). A cop might get hurt but they have hand cuffs and guns which can both be used as weapons not to mention mace.

Forced to shoot is bollocks those cops were absolute cowards.

CC International Master
    SWINE FLU! Are we all going to die or is it just another avian flu media fright with nothing to back it up?

I personally think it's just another scare to keep people on their toes.

Thread Information