Page 36 of 40 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Chess Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by ER View Post
    Works perfectly now, cheers!
    It has renewed and updated its main database too having included mid 2019 tournaments.
    What a bloody beauty!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

that's a valid reason to demonstrate!!!

Attachment 3938
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

that's a valid reason to demonstrate!!!

Attachment 3938
    In Chinese chess the king is even more restricted, to about 4 squares on the back rank and must remain protected by a number of officials. Like if their feet were bound.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

An old whinge that I have brought up a long time ago long before I became a senior.

Entry fees for even minor tournaments are over $50 therefore unattractive for pensioners on fixed incomes and who due to age have substantially less chance of winning. In some cases there will be a minor discount for seniors. I have noticed in a few places that there are many seniors playing in social games who no longer play tournament. There may be other reasons as to why they don't play tournaments but with not much money to swish to around I am suspecting that it is due to high (for them) entry fees.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    In Chinese chess the king is even more restricted, to about 4 squares on the back rank and must remain protected by a number of officials. Like if their feet were bound.
    According to some republicans that's not even enough. they reckon terms like "king", "queen", "royal game" etc should be abolished! On the other hand feminists (particularly those non chess savvy) call for
    the Queen to be given more power over the King and be able to play both hers and the King's moves, (which she does anyway but go figure)!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

An old whinge that I have brought up a long time ago long before I became a senior.

Entry fees for even minor tournaments are over $50 therefore unattractive for pensioners on fixed incomes and who due to age have substantially less chance of winning. In some cases there will be a minor discount for seniors. I have noticed in a few places that there are many seniors playing in social games who no longer play tournament. There may be other reasons as to why they don't play tournaments but with not much money to swish to around I am suspecting that it is due to high (for them) entry fees.
    I agree with most points of the above statement because I don't know details of other clubs' rules and regulation regarding concessions. However, and as
    I am a member of only two chess clubs these days, I can assure you that there are variousand significant concessions for not only the aged but for non waged
    as well. Take as an example the Melbourne Chess Club whose membership is growing and growing regardless of age, pensioner or other related groups.

MCC CONCESSION LIST

Adult $170
    Concession $125
    Junior $85
    Country $60
    Family $180
    Life $2500
    Senior Life $1500
    Visitors Fee $5

Mind you in all regular tournaments held at MCC including the allegro, there are also significant entry fee discounts
    as well as not having to pay visitor's fee. Add to that free lecturers, free beginners, endgame and openings groups, access
    to the club facilities during all opening hours for friendly games, study etc. So the situation is not that discouraging.

pensioners ... who due to age have substantially less chance of winning
    ahem … someone must have neglected to inform the late Voonie, or the very alive and regularly arse kicking Mirko and Milenko just to mention a few about that!
    Last edited by ER; 17-11-2019 at 02:51 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

I agree with most points of the above statement because I don't know details of other clubs' rules and regulation regarding concessions. However, and as
    I am a member of only two chess clubs these days, I can assure you that there are variousand significant concessions for not only the aged but for non waged
    as well. Take as an example the Melbourne Chess Club whose membership is growing and growing regardless of age, pensioner or other related groups.

MCC CONCESSION LIST

Adult $170
    Concession $125
    Junior $85
    Country $60
    Family $180
    Life $2500
    Senior Life $1500
    Visitors Fee $5

Mind you in all regular tournaments held at MCC including the allegro, there are also significant entry fee discounts
    as well as not having to pay visitor's fee. Add to that free lecturers, free beginners, endgame and openings groups, access
    to the club facilities during all opening hours for friendly games, study etc. So the situation is not that discouraging.

ahem … someone must have neglected to inform the late Voonie, or the very alive and regularly arse kicking Mirko and Milenko just to mention a few about that!
    I think a part of the problem is that not all clubs/tournaments have free venues. I notice that these social chess clubs favour social and commercial venues that are wife friendly and are timed in daylight hours so this provide the full picture . That MCC discount of 26% seems generous but local barber shops up to 40% discount for pensioners now don't mention less to reap.

According to some republicans that's not even enough. they reckon terms like "king", "queen", "royal game" etc should be abolished! On the other hand feminists (particularly those non chess savvy) call for
    the Queen to be given more power over the King and be able to play both hers and the King's moves, (which she does anyway but go figure)!
    Stalin could have renamed chess in the Soviet era but there is no longer Stalingrad. The only strong female warriors I can think of were Joan of Arc and Catherine the Great and Serena the Greatest and Kellyanne Conway - that's it I have found 4 strong names for feminist chess set!

Fischer struggled in the later Buenos Aires tournament, finishing with 8/19 (won by Viktor Korchnoi and Samuel Reshevsky on 13/19). This was the only real failure of Fischer's competitive career.Donner 2006, p. 228. According to Larry Evans, Fischer's first sexual experience was with a girl to whom Evans introduced him during the tournament. Pal Benko says that Fischer did horribly in the tournament "because he got caught up in women and sex. Afterwards, Fischer said he'd never mix women and chess together, and kept the promise." Fischer concluded 1960 by winning a small tournament in Reykjavik with 4/5, and defeating Klaus Darga in an exhibition game in West Berlin.

http://reference.findtarget.com/search/Bobby%20Fischer/
    This was the only occasion I have heard of Bobby and sex except for when deceased he was accused of earlier (of course) fathering a child and his poor remains were exhumed for DNA purposes so money could be extracted. He paid very heavily for Belgrade.

I think a part of the problem …
    no problem whatsoever, its a reality in the 21st century, as in the centuries before, that life wasn't meant to be easy; if you haven't taken care of your finance while you could
    (unless for circumstances beyond your command) chess clubs in general and MCC in particular aren't there to act as your free social activity shield. Chess is or, depending on
    your level of application to it, can be a not inexpensive hobby. Go play in your local library or down the beach with your outdoor / backyard set and have fun for free.

is that not all clubs/tournaments have free venues
    MCC is not a "free" venue! MCC owns its venue and as such has lots of expenses incl. maintenance, power bills,
    rates, not to mention hefty prize money throughout the year. Membership fees are made to cater for all of these.

I notice that these social chess clubs favour social and commercial venues that are wife friendly and are timed in daylight hours
    You notice nothing. Your "knowledge" about how contemporary chess clubs operate is as imaginary and fake as your participation in chess tournaments,
    being a member of a chess club, teaching chess at schools, having chess students, beating the "Dutch champion" etc. Besides I very
    much doubt you have played a rated chess game in this century or for sure during the last decade!

so this provide the full picture .
    It provides nothing, you are completely off focus

That MCC discount of 26% seems generous
    It doesn't seem, it IS generous. Main goal of the MCC is to continue providing excellent service to its members, to promote chess
    in the wider community and attract new members. Its doing a great job at that. Now, to provide a venue for dole bludgers
    who 'd use the premises to spend the day (or night) there as well never looking after the place without even being members IT IS NOT!

but local barber shops up to 40% discount for pensioners now don't mention less to reap
    Well local barber shops do not usually organize chess tournaments with prize money etc.
    Last edited by ER; 17-11-2019 at 06:04 AM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Stalin could have renamed chess in the Soviet era but there is no longer Stalingrad.
    You are wrong again. There's a suburban train station still named Stalingrad in Paris

the only strong female warriors I can think of were Joan of Arc and Catherine the Great and Serena the Greatest and Kellyanne Conway - that's it I have found 4 strong names for feminist chess set!
    Wrong again (understandable becaus chess knowledge is not one of your strong points). You have missed quite a few very strong women grandmasters. As a homework go learn about them and come back with your answers
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

……………..

Wrong again (understandable becaus chess knowledge is not one of your strong points). You have missed quite a few very strong women grandmasters. As a homework go learn about them and come back with your answers
    Okay I will concede Polgar replacing Kellyane whom would you be too afraid to schnozzle with. Polgar had her dad to assist whereas Fischer had no one. The other three female greats I mentioned will be known forever - put them in the ring together (MMA style) and let them sort out who will be queen, bishop, knight and rook.

Go play in your local library or down the beach with your outdoor / backyard set and have fun for free. … Besides I very
    much doubt you have played a rated chess game in this century or for sure during the last decade!
    look who's talking... I just lost to a junior in 13 moves … Moreover I thought I had a good position when
    he forced me to lose my Queen, you jinxed / cursed me you heartless Byron Bay developer!!!
    Last edited by ER; 17-11-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

look who's talking... I just lost to a junior in 13 moves … Moreover I thought I had a good position when
    he forced me to lose my Queen, you jinxed / cursed me you heartless Byron Bay developer!!!
    In rated games I used to give juniors queen odds to make it interesting - that's how you show them they are only useless punks! You have let the Baby Boomers down.

In rated games I used to give juniors queen odds to make it interesting
    c'mon that's illegal ain't it?

that's how you show them they are only useless punks!
    not that weak these days, they get top class tuition you know. Trevor was telling me
    the other day they employ 17 coaches led by GM Darryl Johansen and there's no room for
    more students, new comers are placed on waiting lists at CJCC/BHCC!

You have let the Baby Boomers down.
    I know them damn thing, Bobby wrote in his book when castle long its always a good move to place the K at b1/b8.
    Many strong players suggest it, I knew it did I play it? cool story bro!
    Last edited by ER; 18-11-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Thread Information