Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Chess Whatever

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I thought she might have been chosen because she was not so well-known. But as you say, it has been great publicity for chess.
    True, btw - based on the picture - she is hard to recognize )
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    Great to see chess featured ...but surprising choice indeed. She was a chess world champion briefly...but never a particularly significant figure in chess/women's chess (nothing like Menchik or Gaprindashvili)
    But less surprising than visitors seeing our chess board emblem set up wrongly on our home page and only a very cheap set at that.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

https://www.adelaide.edu.au/news/news632.html

This 2003 site still has the late Andrew Saint listed as a contact - historical I know but...
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

the Olympaid
    What odds will I get on L Toribiong of Palau taking the honours?
    whereas J Jallow of Gambia must be a dark horse

To prevent cheating have metal detectors been used in Aussie chess yet?

What I regret is not having recorded my top social games in chess. Many I considered classics and would have loved to be able to revisit.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    To prevent cheating have metal detectors been used in Aussie chess yet?
    I'm aware of one case of a tournament using them for a round following an unproven accusation of cheating. Not sure if any of the big tournaments have yet used them systematically.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I'm aware of one case of a tournament using them for a round following an unproven accusation of cheating. Not sure if any of the big tournaments have yet used them systematically.
    The New Age type up here would refuse them on the grounds of electro magnetisation or something.

http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1512037

This thread Latest about Karpov displays Bent Larsen's last sorry sad games. I feel like rushing over to hopefully claim a victory against him so can boast the scalp of a current GM

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1512037

This thread Latest about Karpov displays Bent Larsen's last sorry sad games. I feel like rushing over to hopefully claim a victory against him so can boast the scalp of a current GM
    Given that he died in 2010 you'd probably have some chance of beating him on time but I don't think your claim to have beaten a "current GM" would be recognised.

Thread Information