Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Favourite Movie

CC International Master
    I saw Avatar, yes the graphics were great but, as Miranda said, I felt like I was watching 'Dances With Wolves' re-digitalised.

Sherlock Holmes on the other hand was a refreshing change from Guy Ritchies' normal shoot em' gangster films. Don't get me wrong, I love Lock Stock And Two Smoking barrels but I found Snatch and Rock 'N' Rolla cookie cut and unoriginal. Sherlock Holmes had some original concepts but lacked a backing story fro Sherlock, Christopher Nolan would have something to say about this.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

CC Candidate Master
    I hate that trash they call sherlock holmes and I can't believe that robert downey jr. would sink low enough to play the part

CC Candidate Master
    watched 'the ugly truth' the other day and I can't say I have ever seen a movie quite as bad. it was just terrible and and had awful humour

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I hate that trash they call sherlock holmes and I can't believe that robert downey jr. would sink low enough to play the part

Please explain your problem with the movie? I was slightly annoyed because I had a concentration fit, observing every tiny thing only to have the mystery be unsolvable except in concept.

Agreed, The Ugly Truth was ridiculous and about as predictable as Watson getting out on 90's.

CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    wanna hear somethin weird?? in Ice in space astronomy forum, they have a 7 page thread about avatar. nothing wrong with it but i cant believe it went for this long... thought it would perish along with the short term threads
    IMABACK

CC International Master
    Has anybody seen Invictus? I'm really looking forward to it. I like Clint Eastwood's movies. He made crap as an actor but as a director he has done excellent work.

Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    I like Clint Eastwood's movies. He made crap as an actor but as a director he has done excellent work.
    Say what?

Have you seen the Man with No Name films - especially The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - can't imagine anyone not loving GBU!
    Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes
    Say what?

Have you seen the Man with No Name films - especially The Good, The Bad and the Ugly - can't imagine anyone not loving GBU!
    My dad is a Clint fan, I have seen far too many of his films that it is lucky I'm not some gunslinging vigalante today.

Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    Has anybody seen Invictus? I'm really looking forward to it. I like Clint Eastwood's movies. He made crap as an actor but as a director he has done excellent work.
    Good movie - Morgan Freeman is excellent as Mandela. It's a bit syrupy - the racism-to-tolerance issue on both sides is simplistic but makes for a feel-good movie.

There is a down side - nobody wants to see the Boks beat the Wallabies

Yeah I thought it was pretty good too.
    meep meep

If you'd like to see a movie that will leave an indelible impression, go see The Road

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Murray
    If you'd like to see a movie that will leave an indelible impression, go see The Road
    I am reading "The Road" ( by Cormac McCarthy) at the moment, prior to seeing it, and it is a very confronting book, that is all I will say

Take care and God Bless, Macavity
    It is not a matter of God being on your side; it is a matter of being on God's side that matters

Quote Originally Posted by macavity
    I am reading "The Road" ( by Cormac McCarthy) at the moment, prior to seeing it, and it is a very confronting book, that is all I will say
    It certainly is. Powerful stuff - it left me shell-shocked for days

Thread Information