it also pays you out coz our style is the same

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.K
    Dude! thats like un called for!
    but I ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are uncalled for

CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexus
    but I ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you are uncalled for
    That the best you can do?? Well, you are ............. Uncalled for.
    IMABACK

CC Candidate Master
    That the best you can do?? Well, you are ............. Uncalled for.
    (Nexus runs down street like mental case and grabs gun)

(Nexus runs down street like mental case and grabs gun)
    I seriously wander where you got the gun, back to the topic is dreamcatcher a good movie? Ive seen it and read it. It was good, has anyone else seen it?
    IMABACK

people in their teen years drink, smoke, take drugs and break the law in all different kinds of ways. I do not understand why. could somebody please tell me
    The simple answer: because they can.

For the complex answer: try to understand the poem, My father began as a god.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    so doing drugs,drinking,smoking and breaking the law in any way is normal while growing up? clearly me and tony are not normal
    By "Australian standards" you are not normal . However, it should not worry you. Its good for you and for your families that you are mature enough to be making right choices from the start .
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    The simple answer: because they can.

[/URL].
    The simple answer is - because society tolerates it.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    By "Australian standards" you are not normal . However, it should not worry you. Its good for you and for your families that you are mature enough to be making right choices from the start .
    Michael I am not sure that Australia would be ranked high in any of the categories that have been mentioned. I think a report came out recently that suggested that 7% of Australia Teenagers smoke, down from about 30% 20 years ago. The crime rate in Australia is and always has been low. The exception being the issue surrounding the Melbourne nightlife which is a worry.

I doubt very much that the average teenager is out there breaking the law with the exception of underage drinking. I also am not convinced that Australian teenagers drink more than their European counterparts, I tried finding relevant and reliable statistics in a very quick search, but was unable to.

Drug use, I must admit I am fairly oblivious to. During my youth the "drug" of choice was alcohol and it was rare for even grass to be present at a party and I would never have experienced seeing anything stronger as a teenager. It is likely that Australian teens are using more "pills" now days, but I am not sure that this is an Australian epidemic with harder drugs a problem worldwide.

I think the world over the average teen does not smoke, does not break the law, drinks at a party and (at a guess) maybe 20% of teens in western countries have dabbled with some substance such as a pill/marijuana etc

I am not sure that the average teen should be written off as some sort of rebel against society as I do not think that is the case.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA
    Michael I am not sure that Australia would be ranked high in any of the categories that have been mentioned. I think a report came out recently that suggested that 7% of Australia Teenagers smoke, down from about 30% 20 years ago. The crime rate in Australia is and always has been low. The exception being the issue surrounding the Melbourne nightlife which is a worry.

I doubt very much that the average teenager is out there breaking the law with the exception of underage drinking. I also am not convinced that Australian teenagers drink more than their European counterparts, I tried finding relevant and reliable statistics in a very quick search, but was unable to.

Drug use, I must admit I am fairly oblivious to. During my youth the "drug" of choice was alcohol and it was rare for even grass to be present at a party and I would never have experienced seeing anything stronger as a teenager. It is likely that Australian teens are using more "pills" now days, but I am not sure that this is an Australian epidemic with harder drugs a problem worldwide.

I think the world over the average teen does not smoke, does not break the law, drinks at a party and (at a guess) maybe 20% of teens in western countries have dabbled with some substance such as a pill/marijuana etc

I am not sure that the average teen should be written off as some sort of rebel against society as I do not think that is the case.
    Good points....
    Teen-age Drinking does appear to be a problem though (in Melbourne anyway). But again when i think about your comparison with other Western countries..things may be not as bad as i imagined...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    Good points....
    Teen-age Drinking does appear to be a problem though (in Melbourne anyway). But again when i think about your comparison with other Western countries..things may be not as bad as i imagined...
    Still. It is pretty bad cause people gets hurt cause of drugs and alchohol!
    IMABACK

CC Candidate Master
    Still. It is pretty bad cause people gets hurt cause of drugs and alchohol!
    call in all conservationists and human rights fans, tony just converted. Tony since when did you start to care about what happens to other people?

Thread Information