Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 93

Thread: I don't get it

  1. #16
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    These days it is much easier to get access to adult information. But do teens have the maturity to handle it? Hmmm I don't know.
    An extremely valid point. the comparison between generations would be an interesting study. Also the dynamics of this generation is amazing ie what words were we using last month that is completely demolished this month hair styles fashion etc.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

  2. #17
    CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,965
    One of the main differences between Gen Y and old fogies is that Gen Y don't make as big a distinction between private and public information. They put up pics of themselves online, have blogs, put personal info on Facebook. Previous generations were much more protective of their personal information.
    It will make for a very different world.

  3. #18
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    One of the main differences between Gen Y and old fogies is that Gen Y don't make as big a distinction between private and public information. They put up pics of themselves online, have blogs, put personal info on Facebook. Previous generations were much more protective of their personal information.
    It will make for a very different world.
    then i must be very old!
    IMABACK

  4. #19
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.K
    then i must be very old!
    Or old-fashioned
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  5. #20
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Or old-fashioned
    either way, I like my style!
    IMABACK

  6. #21
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.K
    either way, I like my style!
    I like the convenience of the internet - you can connect with your friends, find out things, talk to people - all without leaving your desk!
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  7. #22
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    Yeah internecks is good also you can find out about the latest hype without having to actually ask anybody at school.
    It's good cos' you know what everyone is talking about without out seeming all unknowledgeable by asking "what are we talking about?".
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

  8. #23
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    I like the convenience of the internet - you can connect with your friends, find out things, talk to people - all without leaving your desk!
    It is also very dangerous someone died because of an online rapists
    IMABACK

  9. #24
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.K
    It is also very dangerous someone died because of an online rapists
    Tony, people these days are a lot safer online. I don't add random people I don't know as friends, if someone weird adds me on MSN I block them, I don't reply to Nigerian emails telling me I have a person who wants to give me $10,000,000....
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  10. #25
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Tony, people these days are a lot safer online. I don't add random people I don't know as friends, if someone weird adds me on MSN I block them, I don't reply to Nigerian emails telling me I have a person who wants to give me $10,000,000....
    the girl that died thought she was chatting to a 15 year old boy, for sometime and finally the 'boy' has asked to see him in person than BAM! She got raped then Killed!
    IMABACK

  11. #26
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    One in how many people that use the internet?
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

  12. #27
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Saragossa
    One in how many people that use the internet?
    Enough to make people soil there pants!
    IMABACK

  13. #28
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,184
    It's one in millions i think I'll take my chances.
    And still, no one has satisfactorily proven, that it isn't opposite day.

  14. #29
    CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    1,047
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.K
    the girl that died thought she was chatting to a 15 year old boy, for sometime and finally the 'boy' has asked to see him in person than BAM! She got raped then Killed!
    Tony, do you really think I would be stupid enough to meet up with a stranger I met on an internet chat site?
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

  15. #30
    CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    1,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Miranda
    Tony, do you really think I would be stupid enough to meet up with a stranger I met on an internet chat site?
    You might be...
    IMABACK

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •