View Poll Results: How will you vote (or have you voted) in the Marriage Law Postal Survey

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

15 62.50%
  • No

4 16.67%
  • Not voting (not enrolled)

4 16.67%
  • Not voting (not interested or can't decide)

0 0%
  • Not voting (boycotting survey)

1 4.17%
Page 173 of 173 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173
Results 2,581 to 2,588 of 2588
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    At least he did the right thing by his sister and abstained in the vote - blood is thicker than water.
    That wasn't doing the right thing by his sister. She's very forgiving to even have invited him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    That wasn't doing the right thing by his sister. She's very forgiving to even have invited him.
    Again proving that blood is thicker than water! Thanks for backing me up in your convoluted manner.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Again proving that blood is thicker than water! Thanks for backing me up in your convoluted manner.
    It's the case for her but not for him. I can hardly imagine someone being less supportive of a family member. He even used the religious protections (non-)issue as an excuse to weasel out of following the plebiscite vote.

At least he did the right thing by his sister and abstained in the vote - blood is thicker than water.
    Doing the right thing by himself - he opposed it verbally to pander to some and didn't vote against it to pander to others. The morality of a weather vane.
    meep meep

Gee you guys like to complicate things. She invited him because blood is thicker...(almost as thick as my skull) and he attended because blood is stronger than other competing interests.

If he states he abstained because of religious reasons he gets brownie points from the Christian mob - for saying he abstained because of blood he only gets supports from those who hate him and are cynical anyway (like you guys) so doesn't change anything.

Heads up you guys win, tails up and Abbott loses.
    Last edited by antichrist; 14-02-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

my gay first cousin

I was at funeral of my first cousin this week, her gay son did all the rituals in the front of the Church as well as attending Holy Communion, so in practise the issues of Christianity and homosexuality are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Blood was thicker than water again.

Gee you guys like to complicate things. She invited him because blood is thicker...(almost as thick as my skull) and he attended because blood is stronger than other competing interests.

If he states he abstained because of religious reasons he gets brownie points from the Christian mob - for saying he abstained because of blood he only gets supports from those who hate him and are cynical anyway (like you guys) so doesn't change anything.

Heads up you guys win, tails up and Abbott loses.
    He lost the debate in every conceivable way, and didn't even have the strength of his convictions to vote against the bill.
    meep meep

Strictly on topic status restored

The return of antichrist to active posting is probably a good time to reinstate this thread's former strictly on-topic status, which was suspended during the postal vote.

New strands of discussion may not be started on this thread unless they relate primarily or in a major part to same-sex marriage. Irrelevant material may be deleted without warning. Discussions of gay rights issues unrelated to same-sex marriage - particularly any post that refers to same-sex parenting without being largely about same-sex marriage - go over here: http://www.chesschat.org/showthread....-please/page19

Thread Information