Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Mt Buller - ACF announcement

Hello Chessplayers and administrators.

The three tournaments scheduled for Mt Buller have been cancelled - official confirmation from Chess Victoria came through late Friday.

The ACF Executive is meeting this Thursday evening and a full Council meeting is scheduled on July 12th.

On Friday morning after Executive meeting I will post more information but anything definitive cannot be assumed until after the Council Meeting on 12 July.

The three tournaments WILL be held the dates etc may be changed but they certainly will not be at Mt Buller. Chess Victoria will make a submission that will be addressed at these meetings.

Regards
    George Howard
    President ACF
    Last edited by george; 28-06-2004 at 12:23 PM.

Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach
    Thanks for clarifying the rumours George.

There'll be a flurry of vitriol and finger pointing, and amidst that, good luck with rescheduling the events. It does seem that alternative arrangements are being made, and it's only mid-year so there is plenty of time to still make the tournament a success.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Yeah, bummer of a situation but still time to hopefully get good outcomes.

I suppose the appearance of the OS GMs are now up in the air too. I wonder if anyone took up the "Sponsor a GM" scheme, and what this announcement means to them.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Whew!! Lucky I hadn't made any reservations yet. What a joke?

Now what's that saying - "once bitten, twice shy"? Perfect for an editorial headline, eh Brian Jones??

And oh Kevo mate, calm down OK mate. Don't have a heart attack.

AR

CC Candidate Master
    And no doubt the ACF will arrange for reimbursement for anyone left out of pocket by buying plane tickets that are now useless

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Whew!! Lucky I hadn't made any reservations yet. What a joke?

Now what's that saying - "once bitten, twice shy"? Perfect for an editorial headline, eh Brian Jones??

And oh Kevo mate, calm down OK mate. Don't have a heart attack.

AR
    Fortunately the Benmore Lodge is happy to refund our money, so we have taken no loss.

Quote Originally Posted by samspade
    And no doubt the ACF will arrange for reimbursement for anyone left out of pocket by buying plane tickets that are now useless
    if you booked through qantas, virginblue or an airline agency like harvey world travel or flight centre- you can get those tickets put on credit with them and then you can use them within a 12 month period. You will have to pay an admendment fee of about $30 though.

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hello Chessplayers and administrators.

The three tournaments scheduled for Mt Buller have been cancelled - official confirmation from Chess Victoria came through late Friday.

The ACF Executive is meeting this Thursday evening and a full Council meeting is scheduled on July 12th.

On Friday morning after Executive meeting I will post more information but anything definitive cannot be assumed until after the Council Meeting on 12 July.

The three tournaments WILL be held the dates etc may be changed but they certainly will not be at Mt Buller. Chess Victoria will make a submission that will be addressed at these meetings.

Regards
    George Howard
    President ACF

i guess with this information, my recent email to David Cordover will go down well when he receives it

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i guess with this information, my recent email to David Cordover will go down well when he receives it
    I would have thought that would have been obvious given starter's comments that fiirst brought this to light.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    if you booked through qantas, virginblue or an airline agency like harvey world travel or flight centre- you can get those tickets put on credit with them and then you can use them within a 12 month period. You will have to pay an admendment fee of about $30 though.
    Note I did not say that I booked tickets. If someone flies once in a blue moon credit on tickets dosn't help much. In anycase this is an allmighty disgrace and humiliation for ACF and very serious questions must be asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    I would have thought that would have been obvious given starter's comments that fiirst brought this to light.
    yeah i know, but still thought it would be best that someone actually contact David himself, Doesnt matter now

I have a special request to the moderators. Would you, gorgeous creatures you, allow us to use nasty words in here this thread - just for a bit and only in this thread? Would you, please, pretty please beautiful moderators?

Them posts would be sooo much more colourful you know.

AR

to Samspade.

It is NOT a humiliation for ACF.
    For others it may be an acute embarrassment.
    It is most unfortunate but at the ACF Conference in Adelaide in January The ACF Council was assured both by the Organiser and the Representative from the Hotel Group that any repeat of the occurrence of a couple of years ago would not happen and the offer financially and in many ways was too good to pass up.

George Howard

CC Candidate Master

lord of thE ring-around

I have a special request to the moderators. Would you, gorgeous creatures you, allow us to use nasty words in here this thread - just for a bit and only in this thread? Would you, please, pretty please beautiful moderators?

AR
    mr arosar

with thosE words you sound likE gollEm.

with that avatar you look likE gollEm in thE dark.

just skip around a fEw rocks for us will you so wE can sEE your gait.

thE HUNK

AR
    It's tempting

I have to admit the air around me turned blue when I opened a certain e-mail on Saturday morning and was informed of what was going on. Two minutes later when talking to Libby (who is always very ladylike), the air was positively sizzling.

Thread Information