View Poll Results: What will be the fate of Donald Trump as President? (Poll reset)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will finish his term and be re-elected in 2020

3 75.00%
  • He will finish his term and be the Republican candidate in 2020 but lose

1 25.00%
  • He will finish his term but fail to win the Republican nomination

0 0%
  • He will resign before the end of his term

0 0%
  • He will be removed from office before the end of his term

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 406 of 411 FirstFirst ... 306356396404405406407408 ... LastLast
Results 6,076 to 6,090 of 6153
    Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Really? So the President is committing no crime in this hypothetical case:
    Finally, imagine that a federal judge’s daughter works in the Justice Department. And imagine that the President directs Attorney General Sessions to make sure she gets outrageous promotions and that he does so with the specific intent of influencing her mother’s handling of a case he cares about. Imagine, for that matter, that he tells her this explicitly: “I’m taking care of you so your mom will take care of me.” All he has done, of course, is manage the Executive Branch. He is as entitled to promote a young Justice Department lawyer as he is entitled to fire his FBI Director. Would we really say that the obstruction statutes here do not operate?
    The idea that motive is irrelevant is just ridiculous.
    Of course it is for the cases we are talking about. Since a president can fire an FBI director for ANY reason or NO reason, motive clearly has no bearing. And since even Jefferson directed some prosecutions, it can't be a crime for Trump just to ask to go easy on Flynn, and he didn't even give any order about this let alone interfere in the least tangible way.

But the above is the typical leftist tactic that violates the principle that hard cases make bad law.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Of course it is for the cases we are talking about. Since a president can fire an FBI director for ANY reason or NO reason, motive clearly has no bearing. And since even Jefferson directed some prosecutions, it can't be a crime for Trump just to ask to go easy on Flynn, and he didn't even give any order about this let alone interfere in the least tangible way.
    What about the alleged witness tampering with Flynn - no Executive Branch power applies there?

And let me be clear about this. In the example I gave, you are claiming that the President can actually say that he is hiring or firing someone in order to achieve an outcome in a case which favours himself, and that is still not obstruction?

American law is so lopsided! Under Trump's watch they could have caught Bin Laden, tried him in USA and then fully pardoned him and completely okay. Trump would have accepted a Trump Tower in Kabul for such a pardon.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Rod Rosenstein defends James Comey firing, says it wasn’t obstruction of justice
    Washington Times, 14 May 2019

Rod Rosenstein on Monday defended the firing of ex-FBI Director James Comey, saying it was not only the right call, but denying it was an attempt to hinder the Russia investigation.

The former deputy attorney general, enjoying his first work day back in private life after two years as the No. 2 person at the Justice Department, also fleshed out the fateful days leading up to the firing, saying the White House never ordered him what to put in his memo justifying the firing.

And he said flatly that the Russia investigation was never in jeopardy while he was at the helm.

“I would never have allowed anyone to interfere with the investigation,” Mr. Rosenstein said in a speech to the Great Baltimore Committee, a regional business organization.

It was one of two speeches he gave Monday, delivering insights into how he approached his job while under fire first from President Trump, angry at the special counsel’s probe Mr. Rosenstein initiated, and later from Democrats angry that the probe didn’t result in criminal charges against Mr. Trump.

Mr. Rosenstein said said he doesn’t dislike Mr. Comey, but said the former FBI chief crossed “a bright line” when he held a press conference exonerating Ms. Clinton of criminal wrongdoing just months before the 2016 election.

The former deputy attorney general said not only did that break with practice, but it showed insubordination, since Mr. Comey acted without the approval of the attorney general.

Mr. Rosenstein called that Mr. Comey’s “clearest mistake.”

“Those actions were not within the range of reasonable decisions,” he said. “They were inconsistent with our goal of communicating to all FBI employees that they should respect the attorney general’s role, retain from disclosing information about criminal investigations, avoid disparaging uncharged persons and above all, not take unnecessary steps that could influence an election.”
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    Rod Rosenstein defends James Comey firing, says it wasn’t obstruction of justice Washington Times, 14 May 2019

Rod Rosenstein on Monday defended the firing of ex-FBI Director James Comey, saying it was not only the right call, but denying it was an attempt to hinder the Russia investigation.
    Which is not what Trump himself said: "A growing number of legal experts say President Trump has opened himself up to a charge of obstruction of justice this week when he said “this Russia thing with Trump” was on his mind when he fired FBI Director James Comey."

check it.......Sprouty been feeling like we all are now living in da days of oz......in sprouts peanut-sized brain this is just a fine example of how thangs are truly being handled in da world these days. for example,Straight outta oz we all remember dat famous scene of da All powerful Oz Scaring da group of travelers lead by Dorothy... Da Big Giant Head(prez) n da Flame n Fire Oh MY !!! remember da lil doggy Toto all going off script n pulling da curtain back in seeing da shady old man(vice prez) who is really running da whole show....this is truly how this whole scene is playing in sproutys head each n everyday living on da edge in oz...
    ChessChat's Break0ut High Score Champion - 02/02/2012
    ChessChat's Space Invaders High Score Champion - 09/24/2012
    ChessChat's Moon Lander High Score Champion - 10/07/2012
    ChessChat's Asteroids High Score Champion - 10/19/2012

ChessChat's Current Reigning King of the Arcade since 10/07/2012

Sprouty, I am unable to think of one redeeming feature of Trump - a true rarity coz even Hitler was supposed to possess some.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Grandmaster
    Trump is explicitly saying that he would accept information on his opponents from hostile foreign powers, and not report it to the FBI:

Asked if he would accept information from a country such as Russia or China or, instead, call in the FBI, Trump said “I think maybe you do both.” “It’s not an interference, they have information – I think I’d take it,” Trump added. “If I thought there was something wrong, I’d go maybe to the FBI… but when somebody comes up with ‘oppo research’, right, they come up with oppo research, ‘oh let’s call the FBI.’ “The FBI doesn’t have enough agents to take care of it. When you go and talk, honestly, to congressman, they all do it, they always have, and that’s the way it is. It’s called oppo research.”

Christopher Wray, the director of the FBI, told Congress last month that the agency would want to know about any election meddling by a foreign power. But these comments were dismissed by Trump when put to him by his interviewer, ABC anchor George Stephanopoulos. “The FBI director is wrong, because frankly it doesn’t happen like that in life,” Trump said of Wray, whom he nominated to head the FBI in 2017.

I find it amusing that the only Republican that has really publicly turned on Trump is Justin Amash - an Palestinian American. I wonder if it is revenge for Trump's anti-Palestine policy? But he does seems a principled guy.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Archiving previous votes on Trump poll per previous request. Previous votes will be deemed to stand unless the voter casts a new one in the reset poll.

He will finish his term and be re-elected in 2020
    Capablanca-Fan, ER, littlesprout85, road runner

He will finish his term and be defeated in 2020
    Adamski, Ian Murray

He will finish his term but not be the Republican candidate in 2020
    Frank

He will resign during his term
    Kevin Bonham

He will be removed from office during his term
    antichrist, Blunderbuss, GoodNite

Other
    Kaitlin

Should there be a deadline for voting in the new poll or if a draw then the first successful voter claim the prize?

I met an American retired self-described cold-war-warrior of lifetime military duty for the USA who wants the whole presidential family capitally-punished for treason. And even sooner the better some may think. I don't know if that is envisaged in the "other" option?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    Should there be a deadline for voting in the new poll or if a draw then the first successful voter claim the prize?
    The polls don't record the order people voted in. We usually don't set deadlines for these.

Much as I hate to say so, I think Trump will still have enough appeal for the rabid right to re-elect him.

Thread Information