View Poll Results: What will be the fate of Donald Trump as President? (Poll reset)

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will finish his term and be re-elected in 2020

3 75.00%
  • He will finish his term and be the Republican candidate in 2020 but lose

1 25.00%
  • He will finish his term but fail to win the Republican nomination

0 0%
  • He will resign before the end of his term

0 0%
  • He will be removed from office before the end of his term

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 4 of 410 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    In reality, the media give them a pass because they know full well that it's a pretense, and they are still fellow secularists.
    Or because they reckon it's vaguely sincere but figure benign wishy-washy Democrat Christianity is better than the bible-thumping no-more-sincere alternative?

As far as I'm concerned, if a country is stupid/biased/closed-minded enough to refuse to elect an open atheist as its President specifically on account of that belief (and polls frequently show that atheism is a bigger public perception barrier to the Presidency than any status with respect to sexuality, adultery, divorce, ethnicity or religion) then it absolutely deserves to get a closet agnostic/atheist who pretends to be a Christian to get votes.

CC International Master

who cares

Whatever happens the republicans will struggle to find a candidate who is as big a drongo as George Bush Junior.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Or because they reckon it's vaguely sincere but figure benign wishy-washy Democrat Christianity is better than the bible-thumping no-more-sincere alternative?
    It's debatable that it is less sincere, since Christianity by definition is following Christ, not Marx. In any case, it is hardly a coincidence that the Evangelical Christians voted overwhelmingly for the GOP while secularists seem to love the Dems.

As far as I'm concerned, if a country is stupid/biased/closed-minded enough to refuse to elect an open atheist as its President specifically on account of that belief (and polls frequently show that atheism is a bigger public perception barrier to the Presidency than any status with respect to sexuality, adultery, divorce, ethnicity or religion)
    I wonder if Mormonism is as big a perception barrier ...

then it absolutely deserves to get a closet agnostic/atheist who pretends to be a Christian to get votes.
    If someone is dishonest enough to pretend, then he is not worthy to be president. Mind you, that describes the Dems perfectly (and many of the GOP too).
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidflude
    Whatever happens the republicans will struggle to find a candidate who is as big a drongo as George Bush Junior.
    Interesting that he has higher qualifications and better grades than both alGore and John "I live off both my wives' inheritances" Kerry.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

The International Murdoch Media Smearing Of Ron Paul Begins

By Darryl Mason

The Rupert Murdoch media in the United States mostly pretends Ron Paul doesn't exist, or simply doesn't matter. As hard a myth that is to maintain, Murdoch is clearly backing Giuliani and Billary and no-one else for the White House in 2008. Like most American elites, Murdoch doesn't care if it's Billary or Giuliani, just as long as it isn't Ron Paul in the White House come 2008.

In Australia, now that Ron Paul's infamy is spreading fast, and his reputation as one of the more credible and interesting Republican candidates is taking root, the Murdoch media has decided to kill off the story of a real presidential underdog before it excites too many journalists down under.

The first shot from Murdoch's Australian media claims that Ron Paul's impressive dominance of internet campaigning is merely the result of a "fake online campaign."

Wait. Here's the full headlines from news.com.au :

Republican Ron Paul In Possible 'Fake Online Campaign'

In the story, journalist Mark Schliebs makes a fistful of accusations of online fraud, based on little more than his own opinion and the strategic use of words like 'possible' and 'may'. If the headline wasn't bad enough, check out the opening paragraph :

A candidate for the US presidency is being buoyed by a massive online campaign that may be a fake grassroots movement organised by party staff.
    It gets worse, and far more dubious :

YouTube footage of Texan Republican Congressman Ron Paul, whose candidacy has been overshadowed in the media by competitors Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson and John McCain, has been viewed by tens of thousands of people in the last week.

http://yournewreality.blogspot.com/2...earing-of.html

Quote Originally Posted by Axiom

By Darryl Mason

The Rupert Murdoch media in the United States mostly pretends Ron Paul doesn't exist, or simply doesn't matter. As hard a myth that is to maintain, Murdoch is clearly backing Giuliani and Billary and no-one else for the White House in 2008. Like most American elites, Murdoch doesn't care if it's Billary or Giuliani, just as long as it isn't Ron Paul in the White House come 2008.

In Australia, now that Ron Paul's infamy is spreading fast, and his reputation as one of the more credible and interesting Republican candidates is taking root, the Murdoch media has decided to kill off the story of a real presidential underdog before it excites too many journalists down under.

The first shot from Murdoch's Australian media claims that Ron Paul's impressive dominance of internet campaigning is merely the result of a "fake online campaign."

Wait. Here's the full headlines from news.com.au :

Republican Ron Paul In Possible 'Fake Online Campaign'

In the story, journalist Mark Schliebs makes a fistful of accusations of online fraud, based on little more than his own opinion and the strategic use of words like 'possible' and 'may'. If the headline wasn't bad enough, check out the opening paragraph :

A candidate for the US presidency is being buoyed by a massive online campaign that may be a fake grassroots movement organised by party staff.
    It gets worse, and far more dubious :

YouTube footage of Texan Republican Congressman Ron Paul, whose candidacy has been overshadowed in the media by competitors Rudy Giuliani, Fred Thompson and John McCain, has been viewed by tens of thousands of people in the last week.

http://yournewreality.blogspot.com/2...earing-of.html
    Ron Paul seems to have a lot of very good qualities.

Ron Paul seems to have a lot of very good qualities.
    Unlike this despicable creature -

Judging Giuliani by the company he keeps?

AFP | October 10, 2007

Way back in June, Time's David Von Drehle asked an interesting question: ?How many alleged criminals can a law-and-order candidate be associated with before it starts to hurt?? The question, of course, was in reference to Rudy Giuliani, after Thomas Ravenel, the chairman of Giuliani's presidential campaign in South Carolina, was indicted on cocaine distribution charges, which, of course, came on the heels of revelations about Giuliani's connections with Bernard Kerik.

But Von Drehle posed the question far too early ? the number of alleged criminals with close ties to Giuliani has gone up considerably since then. Ben Smith has the latest.

A prominent Texas Republican has sued Rudy Giuliani's law firm and a close friend and partner of Giuliani's, Kenneth Caruso, alleging that Caruso, the firm and others ?schemed and conspired to steal $10 million.?

J. Virgil Waggoner, a Houston businessman and philanthropist, filed the previously unreported suit in New York State Supreme Court in Manhattan in July. He alleges that Caruso, his former lawyer, conspired with Waggoner's investment adviser to cover up the disappearance of $10 million Waggoner invested through a Caribbean bank, the British Trade & Commerce Bank.

Waggoner claims Caruso ?may have also been romantically involved? with the investment adviser.

The Caribbean bank was shut down after its handling of Waggoner's investment came to light, and its president was later jailed for money laundering.

As Greg Sargent added, ?In this case, Caruso isn't just a business partner ? he's a close friend of the Mayor who worked on his mayoral campaigns and even advised him when he was diagnosed with prostate cancer.?

If it were just Caruso were the only controversial character close to Giuliani, it'd be far easier to cut the former mayor some slack. But I've been keeping a list of these associates, and it's getting pretty long.

* Giuliani inexplicably backed Bernie Kerik, and made him the city's police commissioner, after he'd been briefed on Kerik's organized crime connections.

* Thomas Ravenel, the chairman of Giuliani's presidential campaign in South Carolina, was indicted on cocaine distribution charges.

* Arthur Ravenel, the replacement chairman of Giuliani's presidential campaign in South Carolina, has characterized the NAACP as the ?National Association for Retarded People,? and has an unusual fondness for the Confederate battle flag.

* Alan Placa was accused by a grand jury report of sexually abusing children, as well as helping cover up the sexual abuse of children by other priests. Giuliani then put Placa, his life-long friend, on the payroll of Giuliani Partners. (Adds Anne Barrett Doyle, co-director of BishopAccountability.org, which tracks suspected priest abuse, ?I think Rudy Giuliani has to account for his friendship with a credibly accused child molester.?)

* Sen. David Vitter (R-La.), the family-values conservative caught up in a prostitution ring, was not only Giuliani's top Senate backer, he was also the regional chairman of Giuliani's campaign.

I've never seen a presidential candidate have this much bad luck, in such a short period of time, in picking the wrong people to be associated with

It is sad to see so many critically thinking chessplayers not voting for a truly heroic libertarian representative of the people RON PAUL .

Read this interview and be more informed so as to be able to make more informed decisions.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/polit...aul_10-12.html

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I still haven't voted in the poll. Still thinking about it.

Paul is indeed a remarkable libertarian except that he supports states rights over individual rights on certain moral issues, which gives him a conservative tinge.

CC International Master
    I think the names are of a high standard, except "Fred Thomson". I don't like that name.

There are a lot of supporters of Defeatocrat "in big government we trust" candidates among Aussie chessplayers it seems; quite mystifying.

Paul is indeed a remarkable libertarian except that he supports states rights over individual rights on certain moral issues, which gives him a conservative tinge.
    Interesting. He sounds a lot better than Giuliani.

Speaking of individual rights, are some as individual as they seem? Thomas Sowell has a column about how Germany legalized prostitution, then threatened to deny a German girl unemployment benefits if she refused to take a "job" as a "sex worker". That's been a theoretical argument I've heard in Australia and NZ, but theory has become practice in Krautland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangafranga
    I think the names are of a high standard, except "Fred Thomson". I don't like that name.
    Do you like "Ron Paul"? I don't like first names turned into surnames.

a rare bird indeed

which rights?

better a remarkable representative libertarian with any tinge, than the rest of the non representative sell outs !

CC International Master
    Do you like "Ron Paul"? I don't like first names turned into surnames.
    Ah, I hadn't given full consideration to this name. I don't like that one either.

Speaking of individual rights, are some as individual as they seem? Thomas Sowell has a column about how Germany legalized prostitution, then threatened to deny a German girl unemployment benefits if she refused to take a "job" as a "sex worker". That's been a theoretical argument I've heard in Australia and NZ, but theory has become practice in Krautland.
    I wonder what the AWA would be for that.

Thread Information