View Poll Results: What will be the fate of Donald Trump as President? (Poll reset)

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • He will finish his term and be re-elected in 2020

3 100.00%
  • He will finish his term and be the Republican candidate in 2020 but lose

0 0%
  • He will finish his term but fail to win the Republican nomination

0 0%
  • He will resign before the end of his term

0 0%
  • He will be removed from office before the end of his term

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 3 of 409 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I probably am to a degree, but the other Ron Paul supporter I referred to was of course Axiom.
    Ah, yes.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by fireeater
    I want this one to win....http://www.love22.com/
    anti-donut party?
    For private coaching (IM, four times VIC champion) call or SMS 0417519733
    Computer tells you what to play. Good coach explains why.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    Ron Paul is the best bet for the american people, but as we 'all know' whats best for the american people is not the best bet on who will become president!
    I agree on that. IMHO Giuliani is the closest, at least in terms of views on economics.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Axiom
    Guiliani's father was a mafia leader : FACT
    Guiliani lied about his family's criminal connection on signing his oath of office : FACT
    While every politician is a crook, I'd still like to see some credible evidences.

Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Someone better add Ron Paul to the list so Jono has someone to vote for.
    No, he is libertarian, not conservative.

Fred Thompson is not on the list.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    Fred Thompson is not on the list.
    Rectified. Was not even on the radar when I started this thread but is now at quite short odds, probably because the Republicans are realising Romney, Giuliani and McCain all have their problems.

I've also added Michael Bloomberg, and some mug firm is only willing to take 33-1 re Ron Paul so he is now on the list.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 26-06-2007 at 12:08 AM.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    I am 'rather' concerned that some people are willing to put their money on Arnie to win the 2008 election
    Why are you concerned? Is it because not being born in America he isn't able to be president or just because he was a film star?
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

Quote Originally Posted by bergil
    Why are you concerned? Is it because not being born in America he isn't able to be president
    Exactly. Was 'concerned' that people are willing to bet on a person who is completely ineligible.

Rectified. Was not even on the radar when I started this thread but is now at quite short odds, probably because the Republicans are realising Romney, Giuliani and McCain all have their problems.
    And once Thompson officially stands, the GOP will realise that he has problems too. But elections are about selecting the best available; or should be. Protest voting against an imperfect candidate is so much nose cutting.

I've also added Michael Bloomberg, and some mug firm is only willing to take 33-1 re Ron Paul so he is now on the list.
    Maybe there should be a new poll?

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Maybe there should be a new poll?
    I think sometime close to the first primary (scheduled for early Jan 2008), when we probably know who of the big guns is definitely in or out, would be a good time for that. I doubt people here would have changed their minds all that much yet, even with new candidates added (though it's a shame we don't have a changeable anonymous vote function here). Maybe about November I'll do another one.

CC Grandmaster
    It sounds like Fred Thompson is singularly failing to save the Republican party's bacon now that he has actually joined the hustings. It will be interesting to see if he fares any better in his first debate.

The Christian conservatives are threatening to put up their own candidate if Guiliani gets the Republican nomination (on account of him being a devil spawned baby murderer). And I strongly suspect that Ron Paul may be persuaded to run as an independent when he finally realises he is not going to win the Republican nomination. Either of the above would scupper the already minimal chances of the Republicans getting up.

Edit: *Reads the early reports on the debate* - Nope, doesn't look like FT fared any better. But I do like this:

Mr. Romney, known for delivering scripted and memorable sound bites at these debates, offers one that the audience loves. He says this campaign is a bit like “Law & Order,” in that it has a huge cast, it seems to go on forever, “and Fred Thompson shows up at the end.”

Mr. Thompson has a quick comeback: “And to think I was going to be the best actor on the stage.”
    Last edited by pax; 10-10-2007 at 09:19 AM.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

Ron Paul Wins Debate In Another Landslide

Ron Paul Wins Debate In Another Landslide
    Congressman comes out on top despite being given least time, least questions and despite CNBC pulling its poll half way through
    http://*******s.net/articles/october2007/111007Paul.htm

The Christian conservatives are threatening to put up their own candidate if Guiliani gets the Republican nomination (on account of him being a devil spawned baby murderer).
    Could be that they actually want an alternative to the party of ambulance chasers, race baiters, feminazis, the More-On crowd and debauched Hollywood has-beens. And they are on solid ground even pragmatically. The GOP was in the political wilderness when they tried to be Democrat-Lite, because the loony left would vote for the real thing rather than the imitation, while the right would not bother. But a real conservative like Reagan won in a landslide. Giuliani is another Dem-Lite in many areas, except for the one where Pax lives up to his name, since he is realistic about the Islamofascist threat unlike the Defeatocrats who now want to surrender in the war that most of them voted for.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Could be that they actually want an alternative to the party of ambulance chasers, race baiters, feminazis, the More-On crowd and debauched Hollywood has-beens. And they are on solid ground even pragmatically. The GOP was in the political wilderness when they tried to be Democrat-Lite, because the loony left would vote for the real thing rather than the imitation, while the right would not bother. But a real conservative like Reagan won in a landslide. Giuliani is another Dem-Lite in many areas, except for the one where Pax lives up to his name, since he is realistic about the Islamofascist threat unlike the Defeatocrats who now want to surrender in the war that most of them voted for.
    Giulini like his father is pure corrupt criminal , RON PAUL is the only REAL alternative to the grand treacherous crime syndicate.
    Last edited by Axiom; 12-10-2007 at 08:20 PM.

The Christian conservatives ...:
    Oh yeah, and look at the way the Dem front-runners are now pretending to be "people of faith". When Bush proclaimed his Christianity, the Leftmedia went apoplectic, but when the Dems make noises about their supposed Christian faith (and re-create Jesus in the image of Marx), they get a pass from the same media. Oh no, there is no leftist media bias, of course not. In reality, the media give them a pass because they know full well that it's a pretense, and they are still fellow secularists. The Dems idea of eternal life is another government program.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Thread Information