View Poll Results: Who will win? (This poll asks who will win, not who do you want to win)

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Clinton (350+ EC votes)

2 18.18%
  • Clinton (300-349 EC votes)

5 45.45%
  • Clinton (270-299 EC votes)

2 18.18%
  • Trump (270-299 EC votes)

0 0%
  • Trump (300-349 EC votes) - CORRECT

1 9.09%
  • Trump (350+ EC votes)

1 9.09%
  • No electoral college majority

0 0%
  • Someone else

0 0%
Page 351 of 353 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353 LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 5284
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    I suppose hoping for something sensible from Trumpette was futile.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

So will the above Hillaryette say something substantial, or blame everyone but her for her loss. Of course, she would be right to blame Trump!

The problem with the Hillaryette and the Leftmedia is that they have cried wolf so often on Republicans in general and Trump in particular, so they are less likely to be believed when they have a just criticism of Trump.
    So let me see if I have this straight:
    • People are born male but can change to female.
    • People are born white but can change to black.
    • People are born homosexual but can never change.

Makes perfect sense I guess …

Quote Originally Posted by Capablanca-Fan View Post
    So will the above Hillaryette say something substantial, or blame everyone but her for her loss. Of course, she would be right to blame Trump!

The problem with the Hillaryette and the Leftmedia is that they have cried wolf so often on Republicans in general and Trump in particular, so they are less likely to be believed when they have a just criticism of Trump.
    Clinton has written a substantial book where she has presented her arguments and evidence for the same. Perhaps if you read her arguments and then try to present a factual based rebuttal rather than dismissing her arguments with a misogynistic perjorative then people might start to take you at least partially seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind View Post
    Clinton has written a substantial book where she has presented her arguments and evidence for the same. Perhaps if you read her arguments and then try to present a factual based rebuttal rather than dismissing her arguments with a misogynistic perjorative then people might start to take you at least partially seriously.
    ↑↑ And the above demonstrates another reason why it was a good thing that Hillary didn't win, even though it meant electing Trump. That is, any criticism, no matter how legitimate, will by spun by the Leftmedia as misogyny.

It happens to be true that Hillary is blaming almost everyone but herself. Too many Americans just didn't like or trust her, or think that she cared about their best interests. Compare:

49 abominable facts about Hillary the media won't tell you
    Jen Kuznicki (herself a woman), Conservative Review, 3 September 2016

↑↑ And the above demonstrates another reason why it was a good thing that Hillary didn't win, even though it meant electing Trump. That is, any criticism, no matter how legitimate, will by spun by the Leftmedia as misogyny.
    Are you claiming that "bint" (as you used it in #5250) is not a pejorative?

It happens to be true that Hillary is blaming almost everyone but herself.
    Here is a quote from the book...

"I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want—but I was the candidate."

Sounds like what you said is the opposite of the truth.

Are you claiming that "bint" (as you used it in #5250) is not a pejorative?
    Possibly; it's the Arabic word for woman, popularised by Basil Fawlty:

And using that term does not entail misogyny, any more than using a pejorative term for a man entails misandry.
    Here is a quote from the book...

"I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want—but I was the candidate."

Sounds like what you said is the opposite of the truth.
    A token acceptance of responsibility, but then the rest of the book shows the opposite:

Clinton writes in “What Happened” that Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders caused “lasting damage” to her presidential campaign and pushes back against the notion raised by Vice President Joe Biden that she didn't campaign forcefully enough for middle-class voters.

“I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want but I was the candidate,” she writes. “It was my campaign. Those were my decisions.”

During the primary, Clinton writes that advisers often told her not to fight back against Sanders' criticism for fear of alienating his supporters.

She says “his attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign.”

As the campaign moved along, she says then-FBI Director James Comey's probe into her private email server, including his late-October decision to issue a letter to Congress on the investigation, disrupted the image of her as a strong leader.

Regarding "bint" I get it now you think you are being funny like John Cleese when actually you are being demeaning to someone because of their sex. It's a common mistake.

A token acceptance of responsibility, but then the rest of the book shows the opposite:

Clinton writes in “What Happened” that Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders caused “lasting damage” to her presidential campaign and pushes back against the notion raised by Vice President Joe Biden that she didn't campaign forcefully enough for middle-class voters.

“I go back over my own shortcomings and the mistakes we made. I take responsibility for all of them. You can blame the data, blame the message, blame anything you want but I was the candidate,” she writes. “It was my campaign. Those were my decisions.”

During the primary, Clinton writes that advisers often told her not to fight back against Sanders' criticism for fear of alienating his supporters.

She says “his attacks caused lasting damage, making it harder to unify progressives in the general election and paving the way for Trump's 'Crooked Hillary' campaign.”

As the campaign moved along, she says then-FBI Director James Comey's probe into her private email server, including his late-October decision to issue a letter to Congress on the investigation, disrupted the image of her as a strong leader.
    Are you claiming that there were not a number of factors that contributed to the electoral outcome? Sanders in particular was almost as unconventional a candidate for the Democrats as Trump was for the Republicans. Regarding the email letter to congress there is very good evidence that that moved the polls by more than enough of a margin to be (a) reliably measured and (b) a significant contributor to Clinton's loss. BTW it is not just the letter by Comey but the whole handling of the email server that was poorly reported by the media. It was a major news story throughout 2016 and turned out to be all smoke and zero fire. The Russia collusion story (or even just the Russian meddling story) was not given the same breathless coverage in 2016 but of course there is every chance that there is real fire in that story and it was largely ignored in 2016.

Hillary Clinton’s Book
    We all know "What Happened."
    JOHN PODHORETZ, Commnetary, 12 SEPT. 2017

It isn’t good, but it’s bad in ways that are instructive. It turns out Mrs. Clinton does not have a gift for genuine introspection; most of her acknowledgments of error are grudging and incomplete, or accompanied by passionate self-justifications and accusations of unfair and unjust treatment at the hands of Trump, the Republicans, the media, men, racists, right-wingers, Matt Lauer, and Bernie Sanders. It’s hard to blame her for this; most of us could not examine our own faults comfortably in print. But it makes the experience of reading the book somewhat tiresome.

To say on the one hand that she won the popular vote and only lost by 77,000 votes in three states and on the other that she lost because of misogyny and racism and nativism is the stuff that would make any reader who isn’t automatically of her camp scratch his or her head in bafflement. Barack Obama won two commanding victories with absolute majorities in 2008 and 2012; how then was her defeat, the defeat of one of the whitest people in America, the result of hatred of black people? The illogic is discomfiting and circular.

She complains that she did everything she should have done and said everything people said she should have said and still lost. She offers convincing proof that this is so and openly expresses bafflement that she was not given credit for speaking to the white working class and its issues, etc. The problem that she cannot face, as her bafflement suggests, is that people didn’t believe she meant what she said, in part because what she said was an endless series of platitudes she could not convince anyone was anything more than platitudes. Whatever Trump is, he’s not platitudinous.

Last edited by Capablanca-Fan; 14-09-2017 at 11:53 PM.

That's not what she argues. She is clearly saying government is bad when it is run by someone (like Trump) who don't rely on evidence and try to undermine organisation which run on evidence and reason. She says people need to expect their leader to appeal to reason and evidence and not populism.

CC Grandmaster
    Actually Amazon is deleting reviews by people who didn't buy the book on Amazon: "However, only 338 of those reviews were posted by Verified Purchasers, customers who bought the book through Amazon and so had at least paid for it, even if it’s impossible to prove that they actually read it."

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Actually Amazon is deleting reviews by people who didn't buy the book on Amazon: "However, only 338 of those reviews were posted by Verified Purchasers, customers who bought the book through Amazon and so had at least paid for it, even if it’s impossible to prove that they actually read it."
    I would agree with this policy, if it were consistently applied.

CC Grandmaster
    I would agree with this policy, if it were consistently applied.
    Do you have evidence that it is not being consistently applied?

Clearly it is not being applied manually, but by a system verification of reviews against recorded buyers.

Absolutely. Even for my own books, Amazon has published ‘reviews’ by people who even brag that they haven't read the book in question. At least now they differentiate verified purchasers from those who are not, which is something, although some books sell more outside Amazon. In this case, this differentiation was not enough when it comes to protecting a leading leftist; they deleted those who were negative and who were not verified purchases.

Thread Information