Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

any rewards?

Any rewards for fast movers? ie two moves instead of one at a time of their of their choice?
    CAGLES!
    Last edited by ER; 02-10-2008 at 07:09 PM.
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Actually I've been thinking along similar lines for future tournaments. It might be interesting to try the following sometime:

* Three day increment for each move, cumulative from a base of zero (eg must play move 1 by day 3, move 2 by day 6, move 3 by day 9, etc)
    * Seven days maximum for any given move.
    I agree with the general principle, but think for move one it should still be seven days. This gives players who have signed up quite a bit of time in advance to be notified and see the notification if they have not been online for a couple of days.

Tournaments do tend to start rather quickly after entries dry up, so it is unreasonable to expect that one player could miss time out if they do not check chesschat for a couple of days.

CC International Master
    I have an idea for the next freestyle tournament, but probably not a very practical one. A secret sub-forum where non-players can discuss the games. First problem, the players make a hydra and then see the analysis. Solution, make secret forum avaliable only by request, and then only give it to known people. I think it would be pretty cool if something like that worked- if I were playing I'd love to see the comments people made as the games went on.

yeah good idea. It would be good for players to type comments somewhere that magically end up in this secret location too. It would be interesting to see where the players are overriding the computer. Being my first serious (well semi serious) computer tourney I am finding it interesting to note when I don't agree with the computer.

Cheers
    Garrett.

Account Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by Mangafranga
    I have an idea for the next freestyle tournament, but probably not a very practical one. A secret sub-forum where non-players can discuss the games. First problem, the players make a hydra and then see the analysis. Solution, make secret forum avaliable only by request, and then only give it to known people. I think it would be pretty cool if something like that worked- if I were playing I'd love to see the comments people made as the games went on.
    Have the subforum in the coffee lounge where a poster needs 200 posts. It would be appropiate as the analysis would meet the dribble requirement factor in the lounge.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    I agree with the general principle, but think for move one it should still be seven days. This gives players who have signed up quite a bit of time in advance to be notified and see the notification if they have not been online for a couple of days.
    Seems fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mangafranga
    I think this could work and may not be that difficult. All that is required is a private sub forum and those wanting access to be able to post have to pm the mods/admins, tell them who they are etc.

It would have to be made clear to all those who are granted access that after the tournament is finished, the forum will become public. Not only to allow open discussion from the players involved, but to also stop potential 'back stabbing' of players.

Why not simply have it in an open forum? It is freestyle, so there is no rules to break. If players didn't want to see their game discussed while in progress, they could simply not read the thread.
    meep meep

Concerning my schedule, at this stage it appears I will need a time-out from October 12 until October 20.
    What will happen is I'll be away from very early on Oct 13 until at least the evening of Oct 20.

Also to get back on October 20 I have to get a boat from one island to another on the 19th then fly back from the other island on the 20th. Any weather or technical problems affecting either could delay my return.

So I propose that the seven-day timeout rule be suspended for both players for all my games from Oct 13 - Oct 20.

What will happen is I'll be away from very early on Oct 13 until at least the evening of Oct 20.

Also to get back on October 20 I have to get a boat from one island to another on the 19th then fly back from the other island on the 20th. Any weather or technical problems affecting either could delay my return.

So I propose that the seven-day timeout rule be suspended for both players for all my games from Oct 13 - Oct 20.
    Of course you will not time out for being away and having given advanced notice of such. The 'clock' will resume from October 20.

Not that there are any problems in this tournament so far; thus far (touchwood!) everyone's been committed and is moving reasonably quickly.

He hasn't been online since 7 October and hasn't posted since 4 Oct. Strange as he was moving regularly in his games until suddenly stopping.

He hasn't been online since 7 October and hasn't posted since 4 Oct. Strange as he was moving regularly in his games until suddenly stopping.
    Hope everything is alright.

CC Candidate Master
    I'd like to come and post here and apologise for not moving for so long
    Few things have got in the way (me being sick for 6 days was the biggest) and I completely forgot about the games.
    Sorry for the inconvienance

Glad to hear you are okay Alex.

No real harm done.

Cheers
    Garrett.

Thread Information