Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar

*December* 2008 ratings predictions

Vote early, vote often!

After tonight's loss and another in the same event I predict I will not be seeing the better side of the paltry figure 1900 for a while after Dec 1.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Vote early, vote often!

After tonight's loss and another in the same event I predict I will not be seeing the better side of the paltry figure 1900 for a while after Dec 1.
    that means it must be time for our next game soon !

Well, given that I've only 2 tournament games to go between now and December, I'm guessing I'll come back to around 1240-1250 depending on the last 2 results. With a bit of luck and a lot of hard work and practice, hopefully I'll crack 1400 in 2009!
    "the other lefty"

Subject to my actually getting to play in our club championship (50:50 shot) I will predict a 40-point increase to just under 1600. (hey, what's wrong with having a positive attitude!)
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    I predict that I'll go closer to 1550

Not aiming high...Haven't been studying.

CC Rookie
    I haven't got my Sept rating yet. Waiting for it to be posted on the ACF web site.

The ratings on the ACF website have been updated today.
    "the other lefty"

Quote Originally Posted by kinderchocolate
    I haven't got my Sept rating yet. Waiting for it to be posted on the ACF web site.
    If you are a Queenslander they are at the CAQ website (caq.org.au).

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    I just finished my last rated club game for the year. Assuming I don't play in any weekenders between now and December 1, I can predict pretty confidently a increase of around 30 points. But still not on the better side of the paltry figure of 1900.

BTW I seem to remember making a new years resolution to draw less games this year (without hurting my overall percentage). I can't seem to find it if I mentioned it in a post but I was able to do that this year so while my rating continues to oscillate around the same figure there is some progress.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC International Master
    Probably go up 15-20 points after a soft run in the Parramatta Bag Pipe Open.
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

maybe a few!

I think I did slightly better this quarter than the previous disastrous ones! I predict something close to 1340, a farcry from my highest 1570 a couple of years ago, but still something to cheer about!
    Cheers and good luck!
    PS Bill can I have a ^ or the one pointing down indication plz?
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Account Suspended
    I'd guess 1475.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    There was a third loss in the same event so without even bothering to crunch the numbers I reckon I'll be down to about 1850.

The paradoxical good news is that as my rating goes lower, some people become more worth beating and that makes me more motivated to do so.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

The paradoxical good news is that as my rating goes lower, some people become more worth beating and that makes me more motivated to do so.
    Cue TonyD's name

(barring any unexpected ratings recalibration) no play; no change

Thread Information