Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

September 2008 Ratings Predictions

May as well kick this one off.

I had a crap Club Championships this year, and going by Barry's calculator I'm set to lose in the order of 100 points I predict Barry's calculator will be pretty close, +/- 20
    "the other lefty"

I only played 3 games (scored 2/3), but I will predict an increase of 5pts to 1538.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC International Master
    I am probably gonna get about 5-6 measly rating points.

Anton will probably get something like 1397.

Quote Originally Posted by drug
    I am probably gonna get about 5-6 measly rating points.

Quote Originally Posted by drug
    Anton will probably get something like 1397.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

After a lucky run at ANU, I should go up around 200 pts!!!!!!
    OK, perhaps 20
    Get into chess, its a lifetime of enjoyment!
    Blayney Chess Club is online
    http://blayneychessclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Bourke
    After a lucky run at ANU, I should go up around 200 pts!!!!!!
    OK, perhaps 20
    More like 30+.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

i'm going to guess an increase of 20 to 25 points due to my lone statistical outlier win in adelaide

(barry's calculator is predicting a 42 point increase however it is glicko 1 not glicko 2)
    Last edited by eclectic; 21-08-2008 at 07:26 PM.

ok give me a quarterly break then I shall be back and regain the lost ground fast and sweet, defying the odds! In this period I expect a well deserved increase of about 25 rating points!

CAGLES
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    i'm going to guess an increase of 20 to 25 points due to my lone statistical outlier win in adelaide

(barry's calculator is predicting a 42 point increase however it is glicko 1 not glicko 2)
    50+

Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    ok give me a quarterly break then I shall be back and regain the lost ground fast and sweet, defying the odds! In this period I expect a well deserved increase of about 25 rating points!

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I have three tournaments going in and I performed at a shade over my (currently shabby) rating in two and a bit under in the third (which was longer).

There are a lot of uncertainties because in the last three months I have played many opponents with unreliable and probably also volatile ratings and who might be treated differently by G2 compared to G1. Barry's calculator says about +3. I'm not expecting more than 10 points difference either way, and more likely up than down although not necessarily up.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 21-08-2008 at 09:22 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Similarly

Quote Originally Posted by Spiny Norman
    I only played 3 games (scored 2/3), but I will predict an increase of 5pts to 1538.
    I'll stay much the same around 1579. Also played 3 but only won one, though against a player who is going up in rating, Joshua Christensen.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    I suspect my rating will drop about 20 points to the 15teens

I had a go with barry's calclator a while ago but cant remember the result...

CC International Master
    Mine is tricky as I had a diversity of results and also a draw with an unrated (a tourist, not a beginner, he made 50% in the NSW Open). Looking from all the angles most likely a rise of 20-25 points, to around 1880 but most likely on the lower side of that number.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    My online calculator has me going up around 12 point to 1825. That is probably in the ball park. I did around par for my rating playing 15 games losing 2 and drawing 3 but again playing at a relatively weak club with no higher rated opponents makes it difficult to judge (and difficult to make a killing with a run of good form). The only thing I'm reasonably confident of is that my RD indicator will change back to a "!!". It had slipped to a "!" due to me missing a few tournaments earlier in the year.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Thread Information