Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    CC Candidate Master
    Super Hubert
    He performed at my cousins b day party

Hmm, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyD
    Correction KB, you rise to the top of the (Tassie section of the) bottom of (my) barrel

Besides, you are stronger than Adamski (sorry, Jono2).
    Well I am sure that is true Tony, when I see KB's rating, but maybe it is time the 20 years of avoidance strategy (of playing you, based on geographical separation) came to an end! . Look forward to catching up again...
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I'm certainly the bottom of the barrel; I'm only locally (in)famous!
    I'm definitely close to the bottom compared with the others on the list of "Played and lost against".
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    The 20 years of avoidance strategy (of playing you, based on geographical separation) came to an end! . Look forward to catching up again...
    Yes, fair call, you haven't really been dodging me I look forward to catching up some time soon too. Cheers, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by Jono
    I'm definitely close to the bottom compared with the others on the list of "Played and lost against".
    I might come up to BrizVegas and play in the 2009 zonal - so we could do it all again. Mind, we probably both so solid these days that a draw is a foregone conclusion

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    I will take up the challenge! (so long as I can take the thread on a tangent.....)

Famous people I have met through being a chess coach:

Red Symons
    John Fitzgerald
    Kerry Armstrong
    Ted and Robyn Baillieu
    Rove McManus
    quite a few local pollies

Famous people who went to my school (Melbourne High):

Lindsay Fox
    Gareth Evans
    Max Gillies
    quite a few pollies and sportspeople (including footballers Dale Lewis and Ilya Grgic who were in my class)
    Many others who I can't remember
    I was in the same English class as the surprisingly short (1.63m) basketballer Kristi Harrower, who won silver medals at the 2000 and 2004 Olympics, and a gold medal at the 2006 worlds. At the time, she led Bendigo High's team to the national high school championship.

Apart from a few very good results like that, my school didn't do very well at sports, despite the number of Year 11 and 12 kids at our school being about twice as many as any other school in Victoria. In footy, for instance, we would have senior BFL players in our team, but still get beaten by Catholic College Bendigo. (I think the 1992 AFL #2 draft pick Nathan Chapman went there). However, it didn't really matter, since Assumption College (Kilmore), with players like Shane Crawford, thrashed any team qualifying from the Bendigo region anyway.

In a way I was famous, the most hated person in Sydney when doing radical anti-religious demos and SEC- just ask Paul Sike he will give me a reference - plus the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Is there anyone else I have missed out on? Maybe the committee of JCL whom I used to snooze on

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    In a way I was famous, the most hated person in Sydney when doing radical anti-religious demos and SEC- just ask Paul Sike he will give me a reference - plus the Christians, Jews and Muslims. Is there anyone else I have missed out on? Maybe the committee of JCL whom I used to snooze on
    To quote David Hume (which I have done at least once before on this board)...

"I have written on all sorts of subjects . . . yet I have no enemies; except indeed all the Whigs, all the Tories, and all the Christians."
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I am also not a religous person..but as far as i know there is no religous body/person that hates me for that. May be because i do not try to impose my values on others?

I always spoke against religious fanatism but for majority of people, religion is a postive factor that provides them with moral values they can hold on to.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron
    I am also not a religous person..but as far as i know there is no religous body/person that hates me for that. May be because i do not try to impose my values on others?

I always spoke against religious fanatism but for majority of people, religion is a postive factor that provides them with moral values they can hold on to.
    I attended the Hakoal Club in Sydney when that Rabbi Schneerson(?) came over about ten years ago. Did the liberal Jews give him stick. He was thought to be the messiah or something like that, but he died just like any other man.

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar

Cool

On ABC1
    9:00pm Sunday, 14 Dec 2008
    The Girl In The Cafe
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

to answer the original question.

probably Ian Murray or Stephen Solomon

I never did get many visitors.

hang on a sec !!

I think Santa dropped in once when I was about 4....

but I have a sneaky suspicion it was Thommo from up the road.

Cheers
    Garrett.

Thread Information