Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

What did you do today?

1. Carckerjack Carnival - Andrew's first time on dodgems (with dad).
    2. Unblocked S-bend in bathroom - eeeeughh - but entry level handyman brownie points from SWAMBO.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar
    Continued my fight in the info war.
    Continued to fight the chicken necked yellow bellied whores ie the corporate media.
    Continued my fight against the establishment elite illuminati new world order high tech scientific police state tyrannical dictatorship.
    Continued to fight for justice , peace and liberty.

...just another day in the office for Axiom.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Oi, what is this, a livejournal thread?

Pedants could object that the day is < 40 minutes old and therefore it might make sense to wait until more of it has been seen before commenting further. I, however, consider that "today" colloquially starts at sunrise.

Since you ask, I:

* slept in.

* finished and sent a rather long and considered email to a fellow snail expert. We are discussing whether a certain snail previously supposed to be one of the commonest and hardiest native Tasmanian species might in fact be an introduction from New Zealand, and considering evidence for or against its nativeness elsewhere

* walked to and from the supermarket (c. 25 mins each way)

* cooked dinner (a relatively rare event)

* watched two TV programs, both featuring violence between animals of questionable intelligence

* exchanged four PMs back and forth with Arrogant-One in which I told him I didn't believe a word of his claim to have at some stage sold chesschat.org.au, and asked him several questions to which he gave evasive non-answers and then sent me a one-liner that was absolute and feeble BS.

* annotated six games from the 1999 HICC championship, three of which I should have lost (of these three I drew two and won one on my way to winning the event undefeated). I was embarrassed to find that in one case I had previously given !? to a move by me that most properly deserved ?? (it should have dropped a piece to a zwischenzug).

Please do not expect me to post such summaries to this thread on a regular basis.

Or, indeed, ever again!
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 27-09-2009 at 02:44 AM.

CC Grandmaster
    My day was far less exiting than Axioms.

In the morning (should not be called morning really as i got up late ) Went jogging and did yoga. Followed up by a beautiful brunch (mixed all the fruits into a lovely fruit salad and added some fat free Greek Yougurt, also had a cup of tea)

Afternoon was productive but boring as i had to mark assignments at 4pm. - took a break from marking to go for a local walk with friends to Caulifield park. On my return - had a lovely dinner (Big Bowl of Veggie Soup, chicken fillet, and a cup of green tea)
    After dinner got back to marking. Once the marking was funished (yay!) played a bit of chess on the Internet and surfed the Web.

Right now...watching a Russian Video (Very interesting Documentary), having apricote tea, and finalising my agenda for next week.
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC International Master
    Went to the Marion Cultural Center Chess club (I am not sure of the official name). I hadn't been for a while, so I was pleasantly surprised to see that we had a few new people. In total there were about 12 people. This is great because for a long time there would be usually 6-7 people, and 4-5 of them were the same each week.

Got a haircut. (I think I might dye it bright green again soon.)

Went to family dinner for cousins 18th birthday. At said function, won (with another person) a game of billiards, first to 100. Final score, 100-99.

Talked to humans on the internet.

Read chapter for uni tomorrow (that one isn't done, but it will have to be).

CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    The highlight of my day was going to Brumby's to buy a loaf of bread and ending up asking the cute sales assistant out on a date.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    2. Unblocked S-bend in bathroom - eeeeughh - but entry level handyman brownie points from SWAMBO.
    Hope you washed your hands afterwards ...
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    ... ending up asking the cute sales assistant out on a date.
    What was the result?!
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

"Today" is now yesterday (Sunday). I went to my local church as is my habit. The service went overtime. It started at 10am, and the chap preaching only got started at about 11:15, by which time I was already getting fidgetty. At around 11:30, after 15 minutes of rambling semi-incoherent thoughts, none of which seemed particularly logically connected to the one which immediately preceded it, he said "I suppose I'd better start my sermon" ... at which point I leaned over to my wife and whispered "I'm outta here, call me when you want me to pick you up" ... and went home. I then spent a productive 45 minutes re-stringing my acoustic guitar, before returning to church to collect wife and child. A few people looked at me oddly, but I just smiled sweetly and ignored them.

n.b. for all future preachers ... its against my religion to spend more than 1.5 hours in church on a Sunday.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiny Norman
    "

n.b. for all future preachers ... its against my religion to spend more than 1.5 hours in church on a Sunday.
    hihi
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Mondayitis

The highlights of my day so far have been seeing the duck couple splashing around in the freezing looking stream on my walk to the train, passing the 'horse riding prohibited' sign in our street and then reading on the train on the way to work. I expect the day will pick up again when I get to read on the train on my way home and things will improve dramatically once I get home in the late afternoon … the true highlight of the day!

(like Spiny, I think it’s time for a job change)

Hope you washed your hands afterwards ...
    I did. It appears the catalyst of the problem was one black straw that had doubled up inside the pipe and trapped (until total blockage occurred) a considerable amount of muck.

We have a suspect and this man is presently being held and is assisting parents with their enquiries.

There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

What was the result?!
    She said yes

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    She said yes
    You da man!

You da man!
    heh thanks. I will keep you updated on when the date actually happens.

Thread Information