Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziah
    I had to go to my mum's house for a week while my dad went to the gold coast, and I just got back and found out I've forfeited my games. Why is that, I have not overstepped the 30 day time limit :|.
    Rules were clearly stated in post 2:

The time control is 30 days plus 3 days per move. This works exactly like an over the board fischer time control, in that a player receives an initial 30 days and will receive an extra 3 days for every move you make.

A player must also make one move in each individual remaining game per seven days.
    [my bolding]

Which defeats the purpose of the 30 + 3. Is anyone even tracking that in their games?
    meep meep

CC Candidate Master
    Does that mean that if a game goes for more than a month it is a double forfeit? Or is it a forfeit for the player that failed to make the move by the 30th day (regardless of whether the 7 days/move deadline has been breached)?

Just to update all players. Currently in pm back and forth with Ziah. Will inform of decision once something is sorted out.

Mr Wisdom of Solomon available for modest fee.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Mr Wisdom of Solomon available for modest fee.
    The rules were clearly stated, but not stated clearly?
    meep meep

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    The rules were clearly stated, but not stated clearly?
    I haven't looked into it yet (read: just dribbling without the facts (my specialty)). I gleaned that there might have been some contradictory stipulations, in which case one requires WOS.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Which defeats the purpose of the 30 + 3.
    The point wasn't to give players more flexibility but to stop players stringing out games for ages at one move per week (at which rate games could go for more than a year if one players was slow.)

Is anyone even tracking that in their games?
    Probably no need to because unless an opponent averages more than 3 days per move it can't become relevant, and most of them are clearly faster than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwischenzug
    Does that mean that if a game goes for more than a month it is a double forfeit?
    No. Your time only runs when it's your turn, like a normal chess clock, plus there is an increment per move.

Rules were clear as far as I'm concerned, what's the problem ?

Account Suspended
    Geez!!!

This tournament is worth absolute nothing. Just enjoy your game and let him off with a warning.

Ziah... We'll keep playing our game and if garvin tries to interfer, we'll tie him down in a spare room and let axiom talk to him for a week

Dear Participants,

Following a few pm's back and forth with Ziah, I am satisfied that Ziah was not aware of the seven day rule and was only aware of the 30 day + 3 rule. Of course it was Ziah's responsibility to be aware of all the rules before entering.

It is my opinion that Ziah's lack of knowledge of the 7 day rule was caused in part by him being a late entrant.

I have accepted Ziah's explanation for why he timed out and Ziah is now aware of all his obligations and the ramifications if he times out again.

I therefore reverse my previous decisions and the two games are to continue from their previous board position. Can a mod please remove the games scores in the thread title of the two re-instated games? [done-mod]

At least now all players are aware of the 7 day rule and so it will now be zero tolerance applied.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 24-05-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Is there a chance to have some kind of an indicator, of how much time ie days, weeks etc do we have at our disposal?
    i presume the date we posted our last move yeah? But I want to clarify something, is it accumulated?
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    Is there a chance to have some kind of an indicator, of how much time ie days, weeks etc do we have at our disposal?
    i presume the date we posted our last move yeah? But I want to clarify something, is it accumulated?
    If you are referring to the seven day rule, then the time of your opponents last move is listed in their move post.

The 30 + 3 days requires calculation and from the move rates of most players should not even come into any kind of calculation. If someone was regularly using a lot of time, I would have to do the manual calculations for it.

Atlanta, GA (formerly Brisbane, and before that Wellington, NZ)
    Quote Originally Posted by CameronD
    Geez!!!

This tournament is worth absolute nothing. Just enjoy your game and let him off with a warning.

Ziah... We'll keep playing our game and if garvin tries to interfer, we'll tie him down in a spare room and let axiom talk to him for a week
    Come on, don't diss Garvin, who was merely applying the agreed rules fairly. He is open to discussion as shown above. And he could be playing himself instead of looking after it, to a high level as shown elsewhere on ChessChat.
    “The destructive capacity of the individual, however vicious, is small; of the state, however well-intentioned, almost limitless. Expand the state and that destructive capacity necessarily expands, too, pari passu.”—Paul Johnson, Modern Times, 1983.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    If you are referring to the seven day rule, then the time of your opponents last move is listed in their move post.

The 30 + 3 days requires calculation and from the move rates of most players should not even come into any kind of calculation. If someone was regularly using a lot of time, I would have to do the manual calculations for it.
    everything clear, thanks GG!
    Cheers and good luck!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information