Thread: Out for coffee

Out for coffee

I have found that I receive this message when posting a reply in the CL.

You don't have permission to access /newreply.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    I am able to post elsewhere. I am able to read CL.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

OK plot thickens. I have tried to PM KB with the refused text. It won't me PM the message either. I guess there is something in the text that it doesn't like.

It appears the offending word in my post was 'databse'. But I can post it here.
    Last edited by Basil; 01-04-2008 at 01:57 AM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

I guess they've finally woken up to you Gunner.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Apparently I'm allowed to say "database" but Gunner isn't. I didn't get the PM.

There was something else weird a little while back where a particular combination of words caused some strange issue. May be something like that again.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Apparently I'm allowed to say "database" but Gunner isn't. I didn't get the PM.

There was something else weird a little while back where a particular combination of words caused some strange issue. May be something like that again.
    There are some words which are banned due to the risk of SQL insertion attack.

Gunner, if you want to email me the text I'll see if I can work it out.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    There are some words which are banned due to the risk of SQL insertion attack.

Gunner, if you want to email me the text I'll see if I can work it out.
    Thanks Rince

I worked around the problem by changing the word 'database' to 'directory' in the penultimate paragraph of my last post in the tea house.

FWIW, I guessed the reason for the error generation described at post #1 was something along the lines of what you have said. Working on that assumption, I pasted my text, paragraph by paragraph, (after having copied the entire text to a text editor) into the post - saving the post as I went along.

When it became apparent that the penultimate para was the offending one, it was easy enough to identify possible suspect words.

I didn't get the PM.
    Yes, the PM refused to send, also generating the same error message.

I recall, but selective to some users only IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    When it became apparent that the penultimate para was the offending one, it was easy enough to identify possible suspect words.
    I suspect the problem was the proximity of the word "create" and "database" in the one sentence.

In fact without the quotation marks the previous sentence exhibits the same problem.

Just adding to the knowledgebase, I tried to post a moment ago and received one of the standard database errors.

I removed the words "I select" and then the post was permitted.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    (...) I removed the words "I select" (...)
    You did well, certain words as the underlined above belong to Eclectic's intellectual territory and not for common use!!!
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.

Here is a link to Microsoft's SQL Server documentation on the reserved keywords for that particular dialect of SQL.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...7(SQL.80).aspx

Any words on the list could cause problems but I note that SELECT is one of the more common SQL statements you come across in practice.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Troubleshooting thread for this nonsense here

Thread Information